MOTM Poll Rangers v Motherwell - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV UK

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When you think we couldn’t play any worse than the first half.

Absolutely shocking to be holding on and time wasting against Motherwell at Ibrox and Butland keeping us in it.

BEALE OUT !

Its a win and three points but I'm sorry folks that was brutal!

We finished that match with Roofe and Sima the only two forward thinking players on the field the other 9 are defensive minded players who played most of the match in our own half.

WTF is that all about playing with 3 CH's and a full midfield camped inside our own half against Motherwell at home?

Only caught the second half but wish I hadn't bothered.

I have no idea what our 'identity' is, what the shape/tactics/formation is. There's nothing there that makes me think we can go on an extended run of wins.

That was absolutely terrible.
Murderwell should’ve definitely got at least a point today.
For the whole 90 minutes we had no shape, no intensity and it was a disgrace to the Rangers jersey.
In some ways Thursday and today are papering over the cracks.
Jack Butland and John Lundstram are the only players who get something resembling pass marks.
We might have won but that does not take the pressure off of Beale.

Im usually one for saying 3 points is 3 points, but that was beyond abysmal, it was a dismall, pathetic, clueless performance, cant pass the ball, cant control the ball, one paced a complete shambles, Sima, Dessers, Lammers, Matondo are simply not good enough, and dont get me srarted on Scott Wright. :mad:
PS: Motherwell are a well organised outfit, and should count themselves unlucky.

3 points but another truly horrible performance. Zero, absolutely zero, signs of progress. Disjointed, no real shape, passing and first touch is piss poor.... it's just a shambles. Anyone expecting this team, under this manager, to suddenly start shifting through the gears like a well oiled machine, I'd like to hear your reasoning. We were a couple of goal line clearances away from the league being pretty much over after half a dozen games.

We are not sacking our manager after 3 wins and 3 clean sheets in a row.

It’s terrible to watch but it’s pie in the sky stuff if anyone actually thinks he will be sacked
It’s only a matter of time now mate. This is only going to end one way. Beale hasn’t got it in his locker to improve this squad.

Dreading the next couple of games now tbh.

That's probably one of the worst Rangers performances I've seen in ages. The formation switch. Two sitting mids and three centre halves on in a game you should be flexing a bit of attacking muscle.

Beale has totally shat the bed in the last 3 months. He's terrified of losing his job and it's only going to get worse as things progress. Murty, Pedro and Gio played with more principal and conviction than we do at present. It's quite incredible.

Our fans are a joke at times. Motherwell are a decent side. Yeah we struggled in the second half but won the game. Anyone boo’ing should just stay away and maybe football isn’t for them.
If you think motherwell are a decent team it's you thats watching the wrong sport ... our budget is at least 10x what there's is ... that performance was absolutely unacceptable... a continuation on every week

We are not sacking our manager after 3 wins and 3 clean sheets in a row.

It’s terrible to watch but it’s pie in the sky stuff if anyone actually thinks he will be sacked
Your a good poster Barry.
Was that acceptable?
It could have been 4-1 motherwell at one point.

Starting to think that game midweek might possibly be our greatest european achievement that we managed to win a game with such an inept manager in charge tbh

Kevin Thomson doesn't know or can't say what's missing, I will tell him,players in that team thst can't do the simple basics.
Can’t control a pass, balls bouncing ten feet off of them, etc, etc. Only one team playing football out there, especially second half.

Whatever the work in progress is supposed to be - it’s not working - a scrappy performance again and hanging on in the end for a home win against inferior opposition - if it was a one off it would be ok - but it’s not a one off - something has to give soon

Only positive was Lundstram had one of his better games with some decent challenges but that's the best I can come up with. Absolutely honking.

That was really hard going.

Only positives are the win and clean sheet, but I’m not buying Rae’s “adjusted his feet” nonsense for Dessers goal.

Let's make no mistake about that there -- when Matondo had to come off, everybody had to be thinking "Sima".
Bringing another defender on effectively meant we had five at the back.
I'm not having any of this 3-5-2, three at the back, Tav & Borna as attacking wing-backs sh*te.
That's not what happened.
We took an attacker off and put on a defender.
FIVE defenders from even before HT.

F**k me.
Embarassing.

As others mention, we've spent SO much and actually seen our front line get worse.
Getting shot of Sakala, and even Colak, looks daft now, as it did at the time.
Putting Hagi out on loan may also come back on us.

Five at the back, and we all saw just how poor we STILL were when Motherwell went at us.

We are simply a dreadfully coached bunch.
Butland and Lundstram and a few others aside.

We should have learned a lot from Motherwell today about what a shape off the ball should look like.

Too many turnovers against us today. If we keep this mediocrity up against better teams, we will get pumped.

Dreadful.

No width, no pace, no creativity, no ability, can't pass to each other, can't hold onto the ball up front, can't even hold onto it in the midfield, no positional awareness, no communication, all we've done in the second half was defend deep and run around like headless chickens, hacking the ball off the line if Butland wasn't there to save us for the umpteenth time this game alone

Butland is obviously man of the match, because without him we lose that match by two or three goals. However, there's a deeper issue here. What we are watching at the moment is a direct result of the unmitigated disaster of recruitment and squad building in the summer to try and build a system that simply doesn't work and now we're stuck with a serious amount of deadwood in our squad.

Back