MOTM Poll Rangers v Motherwell - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV UK

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After the goal the players seemed to treat themselves to a rest instead of pushing for a second.

Boring football, lack of chances and the panic ending is a serious warning that a major immediate change is required. I really think things would be better with no manager right now.

Apart from Matondo no other player appears to have the skill to run past players - at least Kent, Sakala and Aribo brought some excitement on the ball.

After the goal the players seemed to treat themselves to a rest instead of pushing for a second.

Boring football, lack of chances and the panic ending is a serious warning that a major immediate change is required. I really think things would be better with no manager right now.

Apart from Matondo no other player appears to have the skill to run past players - at least Kent, Sakala and Aribo brought some excitement on the ball.
Was almost inevitable when the manager stuffed the pitch with defenders and defensive midfielders that we’d progressively drop off and hold out.

Of course he should have a supporting infrastructure. But he absolutely must have final say in recruitment. And if recruitment is poor the buck stops with him. Recruitment over the past 2 windows has not been all bad. Lammers, Sima, Dowell and Raskin are decent players. Cantwell and Butland excellent. (Dressers and Cfuentes I'm unsure about but I think once the latter adapts he will prove decent). The players are simply not playing well as a team. Coaching, planning and motivation must be the problems. Would you be motivated be Beale or his team?
I see a squad with glaring deficiencies.

Souttar promising if fit. I made up mind on Davies long ago and was pleasantly surprised by his excellent performance on Thursday given that conclusion.

But we failed to recruit an all-out-defensive replacement for Helander, and the cost of not having that for such a long time seems unquestionable to me. We didn't land one.

I've excused Kent throwing the towel in given he had to be fit to secure another contract elsewhere. Why bother your arse going all-out in an unwinnable set of circumstances, when years of income are at stake? He'd have been mental if he'd got stuck right in. But we knew he was going.

Then our other wide option. Now there's an utter bombscare of a player I'm glad to be without. I've seen far worse than Sakala, but I was amazed at Bears lacking a wide man reaching an almost revisionist conclusion on Fashion Sakala. That wasn't a sad loss, that was the man responsible for the worst miss against the tims since Van Vossen, and this was something he did with an amazing frequency! Thank Christ that's gone for good. Oh, and then there's Morelos out the door as well.

So there's a requirement at Centre-Half, Attacking-Wide & Striker

If a suitable candidate exists in SPFL or in England, I expect Beale to land that man, and expect he would've done so... But it seems clear there was no such figure, and outside of the UK market the board was landing Beale with a guessing game.

Dessers/Lammers may have been on the borderline when he made his decisions. It certainly appears that way.

But what if those other crucial areas had him searching in the dark and a list of names fitting the description of being "More likely have me hung than be a success" types?

Our lack of recruitment at club level has left those areas unfilled, and that's unforgiveable. And you can't even put a team together, let alone shape one, when a squad is so short at the beginning.

He may well be hopeless, but his task was already a hopeless one. You can't land that on a capable man, let alone a man who could easily be an incapable one. Worth remembering he's the man the Bears wanted as well.

What a bloody shambles, and that shambles was set up at a boardroom level.

Just watched the highlights on YouTube. For once, the match thread may have underplayed how badly we played. Motherwell could and should have scored 2 or 3.

As my mate said today watching Rangers is now a chore not an enjoyable experience.
I actually enjoyed the match, and was beyond relieved at the end.

We don't get many competitive got-as-good-as-given matches at league level. In fact they're a bit of a rarity, and although I'm Rangers to the core I still have enough fan-of-football-itself in me to appreciate that although inexcusable on many levels the game also offered a refreshing change from those tiresome walkover-types we see so often at Ibrox.

So I enjoyed it on that level, if nothing else. I enjoy those wins more than a 3-0 or 4-0.

Although I fully appreciate the cause for concern that comes with them.

Sheep walloped the so-far-decent Ross County 4-0 despite a hard game in midweek, and they're at Ibrox next weekend. That shouldn't be tough, but after today, and with Robson doing much better than expected?

Thursday:
Them home to HJK Helsinki
Us frazzled in Cypriot mad-level temperatures

Beale could easily end if it went wrong on Thursday and Sunday.

Sounds very tasty and potentially horrific.

We don't get many competitive got-as-good-as-given matches at league level. In fact they're a bit of a rarity, and although I'm Rangers to the core I still have enough fan-of-football-itself in me to appreciate that although inexcusable on many levels the game also offered a refreshing change from those tiresome walkover-types we see so often at Ibrox.

So I enjoyed it on that level, if nothing else. I enjoy those wins more than a 3-0 or 4-0.

Sheep walloped the so-far-decent Ross County 4-0 despite a hard game in midweek, and they're at Ibrox next weekend. That shouldn't be tough, but after today, and with Robson doing much better than expected?

Thursday:

The following week after we play the sheep on Saturday.

Thursday:

Well continue with the happy clapping mate and always look on the bright side of life. Meanwhile in the real world the grown ups will discuss the alarming situation in the club.

Well continue with the happy clapping mate and always look on the bright side of life. Meanwhile in the real world the grown ups will discuss the alarming situation in the club.
If you looked up what I'd added to this board earlier, you'd realise what unfair nonsense this is.

I'm saying that from a one-off-match angle it was an unexpected match. Fascinating and unpredictable.

Do not equate this to me saying that there isn't another Defcon 1 side to it all. I've gone into it all at great length.

But taken as a one-off drop-all-massive-concerns-for-a-minute eleven against eleven football match? It was a rarity, and a 3pts very much appreciated.

My enjoyment of it requires dropping all else when summing it up as a game and nothing else. I was only treating it as a football match that stood out in a domestic campaign of mostly walkover type fixtures.

I'm merely saying that I enjoyed it as a neutral would've done. The bombscare content is separate.

Can't believe the number of people voting for Lundstram as MOTM. He was the least shite of that midfield, but gave the ball away constantly under no pressure, heading balls straight up in the air, he's a poor player.

Butland the only one to come away with any genuine credit from that game, the rest were utter mince.

Can't believe the number of people voting for Lundstram as MOTM. He was the least shite of that midfield, but gave the ball away constantly under no pressure, heading balls straight up in the air, he's a poor player.

Butland the only one to come away with any genuine credit from that game, the rest were utter mince.
Not Proven given to Goldson and Barisic.

Said earlier, Blair Spittal's passing up of shots and delivery opportunities every bit as important to our success as any of our own sorry lot.

If you looked up what I'd added to this board earlier, you'd realise what unfair nonsense this is.

I'm saying that from a one-off-match angle it was an unexpected match. Fascinating and unpredictable.

Do not equate this to me saying that there isn't another Defcon 1 side to it all. I've gone into it all at great length.

But taken as a one-off drop-all-massive-concerns-for-a-minute eleven against eleven football match? It was a rarity, and a 3pts very much appreciated.

My enjoyment of it requires dropping all else when summing it up as a game and nothing else. I was only treating it as a football match that stood out in a domestic campaign of mostly walkover type fixtures.

I'm merely saying that I enjoyed it as a neutral would've done. The bombscare content is separate.
Ok I get it Admin has been hacked goodnight Timmy.

There’s a lot of re-writing history on here. The appointments of GvB and MB were both welcomed and supported by the majority of FF posters. On top of that we’ve had 3 different Board Chairmen since 2020 - that’s one for each manager - each with a different vision.

GvB and MB haven’t cut the mustard but our main problem as a club, from top to bottom, is that we’ve had no permanence since 2012 and before. Change the manager! Change the Board! Change the players. That’s all we’ve heard/done for the last 10 years. Partly enforced by circumstances. And a lot of bl**dy firefighting.

I’m afraid things will continue as they are until we have some long term planning, permanence and the re-building of strong foundations.
The majority didn’t want Beale. The poll on here he had 30% of the votes. Only in Nat land is that a majority.

Luckiest win of the season.

Not Dessers goal - the hacks already suggesting he didnt meant it. Nonsense, hes watching the play/ball and reacts quickly to a bullet shot and just gets a touch to move it on and in. Great reactions.

However Rangers somehow survived Michael Beale making bizarre selections, tactical outlays and subsequent substitutions.

Tav's knee off the line bounces super kindly away from the 2 (!) waiting Motherwell players in acres of box space to finish and into safety.

Michael Beale elected to not keep the team as was after a superb result and by the end of yesterday the players again looked confused, unsure and lacking belief.

Maybe Michael Beale is not as smart as I thought he was.

Jack Butland is keeping him in a job and as great as he is that cannot and will not continue.

Watching us is becoming a real chore. I can’t get to games as I live abroad but I watch every game live on TV. I’m thinking I might give it a miss on Wednesday night. That’s a bad sign as I haven’t missed a game for three years

Thursday:

I know it is beyond boring but for me the similarities with the early to mid 80s are frightening. But with one stark difference.

Back then we had Cooper, who when he was in the mood, lifted the gloom. There is no one remotely near Cooper in this squad. We've got a lot of 'coos' but no 'pers' to compliment today I'm afraid.

We had first a young guy in Derek Ferguson and then Ian Durrant shortly after who gave us hope. Of course we didn't know at the time that the coming of a certain Graeme Souness would elevate that potential to a higher ground.

What have we now? We just loaned out the best talent since those two to Hearts. Apparently it's down to attitude.

I'm old enough to remember Jock Wallace going down to London to fetch another precious and prodigious talent in Derek Johnstone back to Ibrox when he was in danger of throwing it all away.

There might well be attitude problems at Ibrox, and maybe they aren't just the sole preserve of Alex Lowry.

In short we are a shambles from top to bottom and careering and skirting week to week from potential highs to potential disaster is simply not sustainable.

Watching that yesterday, it's hard to believe this present squad can go on a winning run from now till Christmas domestically, which would give the manager a trophy and some breathing space.

not a great deal to add to whats already been said, but by christ I cannot for the life of me remember watching a more poorly coached team than this lot, the very basics of the game seem too much for our players to comprehend, motherwell are no great shakes, but they were neat and tidy with their passing, their players could always find space, their movement and awareness was miles better than ours,and lets be honest,had we lost by 2 or 3 yesterday we could have no complaints, our support is being let down consistently from the boardroom to the dugout ,and change simply has to come, when a team gets booed off the park after a win at Ibrox then that tells us just where we are at this moment

Last edited:
Watching the highlights back again Beale is incredibly lucky that we had Butland in goals. Very lucky or that was more dropped points. It also rings so true the comments from Kettlewell that Rangers had to waste time, pass ball into corner etc. to get the game over and done with.

It's hard to believe some Rangers fans are actually just sitting there saying "3 points and up the road - it's all good".

Why are so many so unconcerned - is it just a case that standards have dropped so far?

Watching the highlights back again Beale is incredibly lucky that we had Butland in goals. Very lucky or that was more dropped points. It also rings so true the comments from Kettlewell that Rangers had to waste time, pass ball into corner etc. to get the game over and done with.

It's hard to believe some Rangers fans are actually just sitting there saying "3 points and up the road - it's all good".

Why are so many so unconcerned - is it just a case that standards have dropped so far?
Watched sportscene highlights this morning.
that showed what could have ended a good 2-2 draw.
liam kelly had as many saves as JB had.
poor passing, poor control when receiving the ball.

not a great deal to add to whats already been said, but by christ I cannot for the life of me remember watching a more poorly coached team than this lot, the very basics of the game seem too much for our players to comprehend, motherwell are no great shakes, but they were neat and tidy with their passing, their players could always find space, their movement and awareness was miles better than ours,and lets be honest,had we lost by 2 or 3 yesterday we could have no complaints, our support is being let down consistently from the boardroom to the dugout ,and change simply has to come, when a team gets booed off the park after a win at Ibrox then that tells us just where we are at this moment
If we carry on with these abysmal performances, we'll struggle to make second place in the league, never mind catch the Tims. That's the reality of where we are. Very worrying times.

It's not about being unconcerned it's the fact we've seen stuff over the years and are not in the same meltdown mode. Saturday was abysmal but I seen bad games when we had great players. The alarming point for be is the players don't look like they know what to do. When Souttar came on I thought okay back three, let's go at a team, who btw were not 11 in the box but attacking us. It never transpired. This is the first time I've seen Beale upset in the side lines, he was raging and shaking his head in disbelief at how bad we were at times and the shots in particular. We are unlucky beyond belief with injuries btw but those players should still look comfortable against Motherwell. I'm a bit in denial only because I want our manager to succeed and want to give him every opportunity but it's not looking good. I said after the tic game it won't be about winning but how we win, we simply have to start playing better.

Back