MOTM Poll Rangers v Motherwell - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV UK

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can’t say I recall hearing boos after a win before.

That’s a barometer of the temperature of the support.

There really is no way back at this stage.Beale needs chased out.

Hanging on for a win v Motherwell at Ibrox. Grim. You can tolerate that from a team that “gets the job done” generally which of course this team doesn’t.
Inevitable final blow to our league season only delayed a week

Not calling for his head but if the board pulled the trigger tomorrow, I couldn't offer any defence on the manager's part.

I think even he knows how this is ending.

We're just going through the motions here. No way does this team catch Celtic under this manager.
Beale's greatest defence? And you know I'll always look to offer one where one exists, so don't take it as me being a cheerleader for him.

Do you trust that mob of utter incapables in the Ibrox boardroom to not make it even worse?

Ask yourself, and realise what a shambolic state of affairs to be in.

I think they're highly likely to make this even worse. is the gamble worthwhile when you take this into account?

Beale's faults are screaming out at you, but bearing in mind the recruitment and decision-making capabilities at Ibrox you could end up with a situation where Euro-embarrassment on repeat is as guaranteed as domestic dimwittery.

As I said, with Van Veen in their squad today, that was very possibly a Rangers draw or defeat. Only their lack of firepower and a deflection gave us 3pts.

Biggest contributors to our win today? Butland and Spittal.

The entire outlook for Beale could be so very different if he'd thrown the kitchen sink at that horrific peasants defence at Ibrox and won the 3 points. However, the bizarre, random team selections every week and the lack of a proven striker could be his undoing. Score goals, and everything else falls into place. Injuries aside, he must pick a team and stick to it.

That was fucking dreadful, on par or worse than some of Gio’s performances.

I wonder if Stevie from 4Lads or Adam from H&H and the rest of fan media will finally admit they were massively wrong with their claims of how great Beale is/was and how he was gonna take us forward.

The padded seats and the single malt could not have made that any easier on the eye, the men in charge must put Beale out his misery, we are heading backwards at an alarming rate.

Let's make no mistake about that there -- when Matondo had to come off, everybody had to be thinking "Sima".
Bringing another defender on effectively meant we had five at the back.
I'm not having any of this 3-5-2, three at the back, Tav & Borna as attacking wing-backs sh*te.
That's not what happened.
We took an attacker off and put on a defender.
FIVE defenders from even before HT.

F**k me.
Embarassing.

As others mention, we've spent SO much and actually seen our front line get worse.
Getting shot of Sakala, and even Colak, looks daft now, as it did at the time.
Putting Hagi out on loan may also come back on us.

Five at the back, and we all saw just how poor we STILL were when Motherwell went at us.

We are simply a dreadfully coached bunch.
Butland and Lundstram and a few others aside.
I cannot get my head round that substitution at all

Going to three at the back should, in theory, have given us a clear advantage in midfield. The contrary happened. ’Well had quite a few late chances and we ended up hanging on. And we were clean through twice and squandered them. Still, 3 important points. RTV said ’Well haven’t lost away since February, so maybe we should count our blessings.

That was fucking dreadful, on par or worse than some of Gio’s performances.

I wonder if Stevie from 4Lads or Adam from H&H and the rest of fan media will finally admit they were massively wrong with their claims of how great Beale is/was and how he was gonna take us forward.
Don't wan't to rock the boat obviously mate,

This isn’t working with Beale at the helm, been patently obvious since he took over. Zero progress from Gio, in fact I’d say we are regressing on all counts. Board need to act now whilst we are still in with half a shout this season.

We are absolute guff. Truly dreadful. Torture to watch. We can’t have much more of this. Nothing inspirational about Beale whatsoever.
100% agree, we look so dis-jointed and everything is done at a snails pace, we are awful to watch. Butland aside, the new signings are poor, the sheep will sense they have a chance next weekend, another tough game in store

Beale's greatest defence? And you know I'll always look to offer one where one exists, so don't take it as me being a cheerleader for him.

Do you trust that mob of utter incapables in the Ibrox boardroom to not make it even worse?

I think they're highly likely to make this even worse. is the gamble worthwhile when you take this into account?

Beale's faults are screaming out at you, but bearing in mind the recruitment and decision-making capabilities at Ibrox you could end up with a situation where Euro-embarrassment on repeat is as guaranteed as domestic dimwittery.
Beale was in control of the recruitment over the summer, you could probably only call Butland a real success out of the 9 so far. Not sure a different tact, or Manager would do much worse than that?

At one point we had the back 5 and Lundstram all in a line... at home... to Motherwell. How can anyone want this? He's honestly a car crash of a manager who's signed utter muck.

The last 15 minutes of that was atrocious. Hanging on grimly against Motherwell. No ability to control the game, especially in midfield, and making wrong decisions all over the place. Thank goodness for Butland again - gained us 2 points there. Huge question marks over the new signings.

Should have been a draw, if not a defeat. Motherwell hard done by. In the end we were barely hanging on, with Jack Butland singlehandedly saving Beale's job tonight. Just ridiculously mediocre stuff. Beale doesn't have a clue what he'd doing or how to use these players. He's radically changing tactics and formations game to game, and sometimes within the game, to the point where the players clearly don't know what they're doing either. Our shape off the ball is awful. We've got no clear patterns of play, no clear fluidity, no attacking quality, no consistent pressing. We look slow, doddering, uninspired and constantly in 2nd gear.

Just fucking get rid of him. He's absolutely lost in the job.
Sadly....I have to fully agree with this. If Beale has any genuine true love for our club...he should do the honourable thing and step away. We know this ain't gonna happen though.

I can't remember enjoying any of our football so far this season, it's so dull.

I said to my pal, nearly every domestic home game we’ve had for about the past 6 years has been dreadful (bar lockdown season). There’s no discernible difference from Warburtons SPL season - Murty - Caixinha - Gerrard at his worst - Gio - Beale.

As a fan base we are being ripped off for the price our domestic ST’s.

Never has the phrase “ didn’t know whether to laugh or cry “ better described a game. The amount of time the ball took a ricochet off one of our players onto another was unreal. Our passing was dreadful and even our goal was a deflection.

We won. Who cares how. 3 points and on to the next.
I agree with you on this to a point but there are far too many red flags
First couple of games I was convinced it would eventually click and it was just the new players needing time to get used to the tactics.

Now I know that was rubbish and the tactics and setup and indeed the Manager is the problem and we look further away than ever from "clicking".
it only clicks when you have consistency

is cifuentes incapable of playing a forward pass at he right time? thats him done it for dessers and now sima.

Sub him please.
I can only think that Cifuentes passing is so much on the next level that he is too good for his team mates to keep up with.

Where would you start Cifuentes Lammers and Dessers were brought in last summer,Is Cifuentes an upgrade on Kamara? No is Lammers an upgrade on Hagi? No, Is Dessers an upgrade on Colak?No
Yeah so maybe if he had upgraded a couple of defenders we’d be in a better position. But then you’d need to trust him with that, I don’t

Let's make no mistake about that there -- when Matondo had to come off, everybody had to be thinking "Sima".
Bringing another defender on effectively meant we had five at the back.
I'm not having any of this 3-5-2, three at the back, Tav & Borna as attacking wing-backs sh*te.
That's not what happened.
We took an attacker off and put on a defender.
FIVE defenders from even before HT.

F**k me.
Embarassing.

As others mention, we've spent SO much and actually seen our front line get worse.
Getting shot of Sakala, and even Colak, looks daft now, as it did at the time.
Putting Hagi out on loan may also come back on us.

Five at the back, and we all saw just how poor we STILL were when Motherwell went at us.

We are simply a dreadfully coached bunch.
Butland and Lundstram and a few others aside.
Exactly this.^^^^^^^^

Lundstram was motm for me, aside from one points saving save Butland was rarely tested. Surprised the poll is so one sided.

Was out today so only saw caught the last 25 mins.

What I did see was several professional footballers wearing blue, failing to control a simple pass, and hitting 5 yard passes direct to the opposition, heading the ball up in the air instead of forward, failing to clear their lines and banging into each other in our penalty area.

Honestly a decent junior team would do better.

One of the most turgid, boring, inept performances I've seen from a Rangers side. The players didn't look like they had the slightest idea what the shape/tactics were after the substitutions.

Beale's body language is honking and the players have joined him. 3 points or not, if there's anyone who thinks Beale is the right person to manage us, please, give me some of what you're on!

As I said, with Van Veen in their squad today, that was very possibly a Rangers draw or defeat. Only their lack of firepower and a deflection gave us 3pts.

Biggest contributors to our win today? Butland and Spittal.
The board of directors are not causing the problems with team selection and performances though.

The Manager and his team of “Coaches” are.

Just on way home from game. That was a bit depressing. Yes we were missing players but that today tells you the squad isn’t good enough. Apart from Lundstram and Butland there were very few positives. Lammers was decent but the rest were poor. Cifuentes looked like my granny out there. And she died 30 years ago. What is it with these guys that they can’t pass straight and can’t control the ball? 3 points was a relief at the end and that’s not good enough against Motherwell.

Dismal to watch, pedestrian and 3 at the back should never be seen again.

Dingwall also has some explaining to do putting a picture of a mum and kids up on the FF Facebook to slag her off cause she has Mrs Cantwell on her top.

We are shite and have made a complete arse of the last transfer window.

Just depressing and it’ll take a long time fixing whoever is in charge.

Beale was in control of the recruitment over the summer, you could probably only call Butland a real success out of the 9 so far. Not sure a different tact, or Manager would do much worse than that?
Given recruitment is not within our own borders anymore, and inability of club to scout and recruit in a way that's a must at our level, you cannot possibly hand recruitment over to Beale and expect it to be done successfully.

You're leaving a guy who should be setting out teams and coaching them to a guessing game, and that's why recruitment failure lies with our board infinitely more than with Beale.

The board set him up to fail, and that's why I treat it as 90% their doing. Any coach, not just him, needs a scouting and recruitment set up, and although highly critical of Beale I have to offer fairness when judging him.

Back