Liverpool v Real Madrid - Champions League Final *MATCH THREAD*

Real Madrid deserved winners after everything is taken into consideration.

Everyone knew thet Liverpool needed a better goalkeeper but stuck with Karius when it was clear he was only slightly better than Mignolet. A huge mistake.

Well done Liverpool for getting this far but Madrid were the better team.

Just think after all this as if it wasn't enough Ramos gets to go back home to his jacquzi and pump Shakira. Some folk get all the luck.
Real are something else when it comes to the Champions League!
They are but it helps when they get the ref helping them.

Diving in football needs addressed. Real fall over the minute you go near them. It’s pathetic.

It’s very difficult to beat a side that falls over when you go near them.

I think you need to watch it again - none of the Real fans behind the goal even react until the ball is nestling in the net. I didn't react for a couple of seconds myself in real time because it simply wasn't expected.

Easy to pick apart things in slow motion but in real time the reality is something completely different.
I have and I now agree that it was unstoppable

Great second half. Unlucky LIverpool. Real are such a strong, brilliant team. It's impossible to beat them and make two glaring goalkeeping mistakes in the same match.

Well I think that's the end of us being associated with "whits the goalie dain?"

Real Madrid deserved winners after everything is taken into consideration.

Everyone knew thet Liverpool needed a better goalkeeper but stuck with Karius when it was clear he was only slightly better than Mignolet. A huge mistake.

Well done Liverpool for getting this far but Madrid were the better team.

Spot on mate about Goalkeeper. Klopps blind faith cost them big.

I thought Real Madrid played within themselves a bit yet it was still pretty comfortable for them.

Karius. :D Fecking hell.

That 1st goal in particular. I was going to say it's like something you'd see down the park on Sunday morning but I don't even think you would.

Watching the injury back, Ramos does not even stop Salahs arm, it was clearly not deliberate, Ramos puts his hand straight down, not interfering with Salah at all, to break his own fall.

Salah missing the world cup could actually be good for Liverpool. As he won't be sluggish due to a lack of rest that many of the other players will be suffering from.

LiverpoolFC.com store unBale new Karius Robot
giphy.gif

Poor game overall, Bale goal up there with best i ever seen.

Klopps to blame for not getting a good gk, blind faith in his player cost the team.

Great second half. Unlucky LIverpool. Real are such a strong, brilliant team. It's impossible to beat them and make two glaring goalkeeping mistakes in the same match.

It’s impossible to beat them when they have refs o their side and take folk out the game, vile team .

Karius is a wanker but I’d like to say:

Andrew Robertson’s tackle on Ronaldo at 1-1 was absolutely, ridiculously fucking good.
Robertson is certainly one Liverpool player who can hold his head up high, he had a good game and deserves his place on the pitch amongst some of the best players in the world tonight

Great stat on the BBC website, - Zidane has never been knocked out of Europe as Real manager.

Liverpool will look back on tonight and think what might have been..

No shame in losing to Real. However, I do feel Liverpool had enough in them to win the game also.

3 CL wins on the trot is phenomenal.

I see it’s already been said really, but I think Barcelona have been the best they e ever been in the last 10 years. Won 7 out of 10 titles, and 3 CLs. Real have won 4 in that time!
Must really piss the Barca fans off!:D:D:D
Gutted for Salah tonight, but you cannot deny Madrid, they’re an absolute winning machine in that CL!!

Donkey Kong’s goal was sensational. Ronaldo will be absolutely livid with his goal being trumped so quickly by one of his own team mates in a bigger game where he stank the place out :D

Robertson is certainly one Liverpool player who can hold his head up high, he had a good game and deserves his place on the pitch amongst some of the best players in the world tonight

Mane and Robertson were Liverpool's best players tonight.

Do I like ramos,,,no
Do I wish we had,a player like him YES..
HE CAN BE DIRTY BUT HEES A BORN WINNER AND WILL DO WHAT HE NEEDS TO DO TO WIN GAMES...
AS SOMEONE SAYS . NICE GUYS DONT win trophies...

Absolutely sick after that however no way is the referee is to blame.

Ramos knew what he was doing, which he’s made a career of being a snide lady's front bottom so I ain’t surprised. Salah going off changed the entire game, I really felt like Liverpool were on top and controlling the game.

Karius has come on leaps and bounds but this seems a mistake too far. Need to upgrade massively in that position and in the squad in general. Relying on Lallana who has barely played this season told the whole story.

If the right additions are made in the summer this Liverpool side can be successful.
The sickening thing is that Ramos knew what he was doing and got away with it. Cheating bastard.

In the last 10 years...

Champions League:
Real Madrid - 4
Barcelona - 3

La Liga:
Real Madrid - 2
Barcelona - 7

:cool:

The 4-3 is the important bit......

La Liga......aye great Messi tells the grankids about that for a minute while the CL story goes on an hour and makes money off after dinner tours

They are but it helps when they get the ref helping them.

Diving in football needs addressed. Real fall over the minute you go near them. It’s pathetic.

It’s very difficult to beat a side that falls over when you go near them.

Liverpool have overachieved getting to the final, and have been good to watch along the way.

You can’t surely be suggesting they lost because of the ref though?

The keeper issue has been ignored for too long. That is the main reason they lost tonight, not to do with diving, refs or any other excuses that get trotted out when Liverpool lose.

A new keeper, and a centre half to partner Van Dijk and they will noticeably improve.

Back