Liverpool v Real Madrid - Champions League Final *MATCH THREAD*

The biggest riddie as you put it ive seen on line is you trying to defend scotlands bent referees on here.

(sorry if this has nothing to do with this thread and CL final)

Care to elaborate?

I am genuinely interested as there is a LOT of competition for online embarrassment so to win is quite something.

Unless you’re just exaggerating through drink or talking shite of course?

Let’s see shall we?.....

Anyway, let’s talk about Ronaldo.

He’s already raging at Welsh Gaz smashing in an overheidy but there’s still time.

It’s injury time, he’s got the ball. Here it is, his moment, his time.
In ten seconds a billion humans are going to be saying wow what a goal and wow what a set of abs.

But then, into the penalty box, ghosts a fat scouser chased by 2 stewards.
What a fucking hoot :D

DeJ3-9HW4AAglEj.jpg

Always love when people try to equate the two :D

While we’re at it though, Real are the establishment club, pro-Royalist and most successful team in the country. Doesn’t sound much like the poets to me.

With their diving and cheating mentality, Kroos, Modric, Ronaldo, Ramos to begin with, they are very poet minded.

One team in Spain and that's Valencia.

Care to elaborate?

I am genuinely interested as there is a LOT of competition for online embarrassment so to win is quite something.

Unless you’re just exaggerating through drink or talking shite of course?
our
Let’s see shall we?.....

Start another thread on how much you support and respect the refs mate and we can debate it.

Im sure some younger fans do post pesh on twitter(never seen it myself) but just think you are the last person that should be having a go at them.

Prefer to leave it there as this thread is about CL final which turned out to be a good game.

Here's another stat...

Champions League titles won:

Barcelona: 5
Cristiano Ronaldo: 5

:cool:

That’s a belter!:D

Not a good night for Barcelona’s fans. As poor as he’s been, it’s probably helping Ronaldo to another Ballon D’or too!

Great to see Rangers getting a mention at the end of the programme on such a night like this evening, just sticks it up the haters even more who thought we were gone forever.

Briiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiliant.

Start another thread on how much you support and respect the refs mate and we can debate it.

Im sure some younger fans do post pesh on twitter(never seen it myself) but just think you are the last person that should be having a go at them.

Prefer to leave it there as this thread is about CL final which turned out to be a good game.

You’re getting me mixed up with somebody else, bear, I assure you.

Watching the game my opinion is that Liverpools game plan walked off the park with Salah, they gave the ball away too much after that and sat back too much, too reliant on the front as a 3 and with one missing it really had the heads down. Real didn't work hard to get the win, Liverpool didn't work too hard either, was a pretty disappointing final and even more so for Liverpool fans due to the manner of the defeat, keeper was atrocious and ultimately cost them the game.

This years CL has been fùcking brilliant.
The idea that it was rigged for Madrid to win is utterly mental.

Liverpool were the team the neutrals wanted to win.
Salah has been the man all season, while Ronaldo hasn't had a headline grabbing year.
Football fans absolutely love Jurgen Klopp.

You're spot on, if it was about marketing, the team from the most marketable league in world football would have won.

Some of the decisions in their favour are baffling at times though. They get every 50/50 in their favour. Against Juve & Bayern the refs bent over backwards for them...I counted 3 dives from Ronaldo in one of the games that the ref spotted but failed to book him for either. Then you've got the likes of Ramos, Casemiro, Carvajal etc constantly rolling about like wee lassies. It's easy to dislike them.

The 4-3 is the important bit......

La Liga......aye great Messi tells the grankids about that for a minute while the CL story goes on an hour and makes money off after dinner tours

You do realise you sound ridiculous...just in Messi's time at Barca they've won 4 Champions League titles - the same as Real Madrid. In the same time Barca have won 8 league titles and Madrid have won 4.

Anything else?

Watching the game my opinion is that Liverpools game plan walked off the park with Salah, they gave the ball away too much after that and sat back too much, too reliant on the front as a 3 and with one missing it really had the heads down. Real didn't work hard to get the win, Liverpool didn't work too hard either, was a pretty disappointing final and even more so for Liverpool fans due to the manner of the defeat, keeper was atrocious and ultimately cost them the game.

Salah going off made the Liverpool heads go down and at the same time Real got a massive lift.

In my opinion, Ramos knew what he was doing in taking out Salah. Liverpool were all over Real at that point. For nearly 30 minutes, Real's defence was under pressure. Replays clearly show Ramos to wrap his arm around Salah, Liverpool's most dangerous player, and almost judo-style, wrestle him to the ground. Perhaps Ramos did not intend to put him out of the game altogether, but at least shake him up. Some might say this was a professional foul bordering on cheating. It was a game changer. And Liverpool lost their rhythm. A travesty. Add into the mix the most bizarre goal-keeping mistakes ever made most likely, in a European Cup Final. One error and put it down to recklessness. Two massive errors and what? Stupidity, idiocy, or worse? The guy must never play for them again. Unforgivable. If that had happened to us I would sickened by it. I like Real, ever since seeing them as a boy at Ibrox in '63, but this win feels tainted. It wasn't won in swashbuckling style, but stolen by a combination of professional dishonesty and madness. Little wonder Zidane did not really party at the final whistle, but only allowed himself a wry smile.

Some of the decisions in their favour are baffling at times though. They get every 50/50 in their favour. Against Juve & Bayern the refs bent over backwards for them...I counted 3 dives from Ronaldo in one of the games that the ref spotted but failed to book him for either. Then you've got the likes of Ramos, Casemiro, Carvajal etc constantly rolling about like wee lassies. It's easy to dislike them.

You do realise you sound ridiculous...just in Messi's time at Barca they've won 4 Champions League titles - the same as Real Madrid. In the same time Barca have won 8 league titles and Madrid have won 4.

Anything else?
Haha...

It's great on nights like this that you and sponge can bring such insights onto this forum.

I see you like counting.

In 10 years Ronaldo has won as many CL trophies as Barca in their entire history.

No tears left to cry

I would kill to have someone with a tenth of Ramos’ winning mentality and desire in our team.

He’s absolutely a master of the dark arts, but look at his medal collection. Absolute winner.

A ruthless bastard of a player, but what a player. He knew what he was doing with Salah - and it won them the game and he won’t give a shit what people think. Nothing wrong in my eyes with targeting the oppositions danger man and hitting him early. Some of our pussies last season can learn from this.

He was immense tonight at the back, again. He is the best defender in the world, has the lot - and the medals to prove it. 13 years as the main centre half for Real Madrid takes some doing.

And you have got to hand it to Madrid. Beat PSG, Juve then Bayern on the way to winning it. All champions of their respective leagues. Can’t argue that they deserve to be the winners.

Last edited:
Brilliant result. Liverpool have spent some dosh to have 1 league cup in a long period. Still next year Rodney we will be millionaires

FFS, this is nuts. Ramos pulled him down - a run of the mill foul - and the referee missed it. That’s it. It didn’t deserve a yellow and certainly not a red. There was no intent to ‘harm’ Salah for goodness sake. Had the referee given the foul it would have changed nothing - Salah would still have been f*cked and Liverpool still beaten.

Liverpool lost because their belief went at the loss of Salah. Even after equalising they never re-discovered it. Oh, and of course, because of two absolute howlers by a goalkeeper that their beloved Klopp has insisted on making their number 1 - despite the fact that every other f*cker who watches football knows Karius is a bombscare.

Look closer to home scousers.

Last edited:
Just watched the highlights there, what a 1st goal, he should have been subbed after that calamity, it would have saved him the further embarrassment of the third :D

Excuse my ignorance but what's the script with Bale at Real Madrid?

In the post match interview Bale was asked what Zidanes response was and Bale said he hadn't spoken to him yet.

I may have missed it but you would think the first thing the Manager would do after the final whistle is make a beeline over to the match winner?

And I know I maybe looking for something out of nothing but I always get the impression all isn't rosey for Bale there.

Sergio Ramos is the best CB in the world.

People greeting about him being physical/aggressive - it's a mans game. Suck it up hunks.

Back to the fives for me on Thursday wearing my Sergio Ramos top. :). Only problem is I need to get the 12 badge updated now to a 13 one.

The guy is a fucking legend. A mad bastard, but a legend anyway. I'd love it, really love it, if he was our mad bastard.

As for the Ramos using his secret kung foo injury techniques on Salah conspiracy theories, I'm genuinely pishing myself laughing at that. :D

Last edited:
Excuse my ignorance but what's the script with Bale at Real Madrid?

In the post match interview Bale was asked what Zidanes response was and Bale said he hadn't spoken to him yet.

I may have missed it but you would think the first thing the Manager would do after the final whistle is make a beeline over to the match winner?

And I know I maybe looking for something out of nothing but I always get the impression all isn't rosey for Bale there.

To me his interview sounded like a "come and get me" plea, obviously not happy at Madrid anymore. He's won all there is to win as well and the fans don't appreciate him either.

I read that apparently in Ronaldo's post match interview he was saying he enjoyed his time at Madrid...now the whole world is talking about it - you couldn't mark his neck with a blowtorch. Gutted that he wasn't the centre of attention so decides to create drama in his interview.

Back