Liverpool v Real Madrid - Champions League Final *MATCH THREAD*

He'd be a top quality addition to any team. It will be interesting to see whether he remains at Real.
Benzema and Ronaldo are nearly done.
Madrid as a squad are done tbh.

Bale has patience he could rule there for years. He won't though.
He's been on a flight home for the last 2 years.

Ronaldo and Messi shadow is a burden just ask Neymar.
Suarez has suffered this year from it.
You either accept like Benzema or you dig in- Madrid fans seemingly like Bale for what it's worth.

Man United are getting a proper player for 100m this summer

They’ll still be shit though.;)

Be lucky to get within 10 points of City.
Still need to try mate

mentally challengeds will be saying the same thing about Arfield.

Tell anyone of us at the orange cup final that the filth dismantle two years work in 90 mins and we'd laugh in your face.

Football can be irrational we all hope

Probably based on the fact City dont need him

I’d disagree insofar as Pep is a firm believer in continuous improvement and City clearly need something to take them up a level to winning the Champions League. His mindset is that if he sees a player that can improve his squad, he’ll buy him. Bale wouldn’t merely improve the squad, he’d improve the starting XI. But against that, I’d have to concede that United would smash their current wage structure to get him and also that the lure of having a United side built around him would elevate him to the level of CR7.

I’d disagree insofar as Pep is a firm believer in continuous improvement and City clearly need something to take them up a level to winning the Champions League. His mindset is that if he sees a player that can improve his squad, he’ll buy him. Bale wouldn’t merely improve the squad, he’d improve the starting XI. But against that, I’d have to concede that United would smash their current wage structure to get him and also that the lure of having a United side built around him would elevate him to the level of CR7.

All good points

I'd fear that Bale would get lost at Man Utd, especially under Jose and the current squad. Would love to see him return to Tottenham - even Arsenal rather than Manchester.

That's a lot of money, even for Man United. He'd be a great signing, no doubt about it.
I've bet him to sign for United.

Got.5/4 over 4 transfer windows.
1 left.

He'll sign for United over City.
Spurs with a new stadium is the only threat.
Supposedly and just hearsay he said his goodbyes in the dressing room.

I've probably lost 50 quid lol
Every punt is a gamble

I'd fear that Bale would get lost at Man Utd, especially under Jose and the current squad. Would love to see him return to Tottenham - even Arsenal rather than Manchester.

Well, Levy is between a rock and a hard place right now as he needs to smash the wage structure to assuage his current crop or face losing Kane, Dele Ali and Christian so purchasing Bale and bringing him home would be a massive, massive statement of intent. Bale in that team would be unreal.

Alternatively, part of me thinks that he could sign on for Bayern Munich and take on the challenge of playing, and winning, in another European country seamlessly.

I don't see it as much of an achievement.

The CL is an automated manufactured cash driven league. Its more of an elite club of clubs. Same teams year after year, pretty much.

How I crave the old European Cup. One team from one country, battling it out over two legs, this cash cow tournament is a cancer on the game.

You do realise this would make it a lot more one sided than it already is though?

It'd be Barca, Bayern, PSG and Man City vs the likes of Celtic, Basel, Rosenborg etc...

Re: Bale, I think he'd be mad to sign for Man Utd under Jose...the most anti football manager about. Not only that, but it'd be mad for someone to pay £100m for an injury prone 28 year old.

FWIW I can honestly see Real replacing Ronaldo with Neymar this year and what a smart bit of business that'd be.

Pep won't win the Champions League with City, his defence is too open and vulnerable to the counter attack. Against elite counter attacking teams his teams have always struggled.

Pep won't win the Champions League with City, his defence is too open and vulnerable to the counter attack. Against elite counter attacking teams his teams have always struggled.
I would never bet against Guardiola, plus he's at a club which can spend whatever is necessary to win the CL. That's a powerful combination. They have a big chance.

I would never bet against Guardiola, plus he's at a club which can spend whatever is necessary to win the CL. That's a powerful combination. They have a big chance.

I'm a huge fan of Pep but his teams have an obvious flaw. Look back to every time he's been knocked out the Champions League, it's because he won't change his tactics against elite counter attacking teams and they get picked off over the course of 180 minutes.

Having all the money in the world won't help if the tactics are flawed.

Back