The fact not one player bar Cantwell commented on Beale leaving tells a story does it not.

Yeah, we got this when Gio left - "the players aren't commenting, maybe they'll stop being so pish now that he's gone."

I'm always reminded of Bob Paisley's comment when managing Liverpool that the club is in trouble the day it has a manager the players all like.

Or perhaps they were instructed not to comment? Difficult to say really. You may be right though. I got the impression that lack of consistent strategy, dropping key players to squeeze in new signings, shunting players out of position and Beale's contradictory comments on the value of certain players to the team or otherwise, did lead to a rather unhappy camp. As did the tendency to blame players rather than himself when things didn't work.

Yep I absolutely agree, I suspect likes of tav n goldson will be happier too maybe hagi will be desperate to return

Yeah, we got this when Gio left - "the players aren't commenting, maybe they'll stop being so pish now that he's gone."

I'm always reminded of Bob Paisley's comment when managing Liverpool that the club is in trouble the day it has a manager the players all like.
File the OP under a lot of pish.

The players are part of the problem that keep getting managers sacked

Todd just said thanks for bringing him to the club, and that he respected him as a person. Wasn’t exactly brimming with praise.

Anyway, sometimes it’s better to say nothing, which is probably what the rest of the players have done. Any comment is an opportunity to jump on.

What’s said on social media doesn’t always reflect someone’s true sentiments. Especially when it’s for someone like Gerrard.

Yes, but it's fairly indicative of something when literally one person comments.

Not even any of his multiple signings this summer bothered.

Too much is read into social media these days. I get it a plays a part, but sometimes we can read too much into what is or isn't posted on social media.

Its the way of the world now though as much as i dont like it. I wouldnt be shocked if this actually tells us something. I noticed Cifuentes, Roofe and Cantwell liked the post Beale put up after the sacking but never noticed any others.

May just come down to how much each player likes social media. I imagine there is a lot of folk in all walks of life who either love SM and others who are not as fussed about it, so if the they dont engage on it theres all sorts of theories that spring up. But I don't know, it seems to me like it is all smoke and mirrors at times.

As long as players have respect for the manager, whether they like him or not is irrelevant. So I suppose the question is, how respected was Beale as a manager in the dressing room.

If we have a squad full of players willing to down tools whenever they have a manager they don't like then we are even more fucked than I thought.

Maybe some of them realise that going on social media and spouting birthday card pish isn’t helping and given the level of abuse that some are getting online for things non football related, they’ll quite happily keep their heads down.

Yeah this doubt the players can be bothered reading the abuse they will take. Saw Beale's last few posts on Instagram as well as on his story had went private so clearly been getting abuse. It doesn't make a difference anyway if they post on social media or not but they will have likely messaged him to wish him well.

Yeah this doubt the players can be bothered reading the abuse they will take. Saw Beale's last few posts on Instagram as well as on his story had went private so clearly been getting abuse. It doesn't make a difference anyway if they post on social media or not but they will have likely messaged him to wish him well.

I know that Tav was received racist abuse recently and don’t blame him being silent.

Like you said they’ll have his number and will probably send him a text.

Think the bigger thing you have to worry about is a downturn from Cantwell. He is a confidence player and playing with a shit team and a new manager might not turn out well. Most of the others it wont make a difference.

As bad as Beale was in certain games/moments, it isnt his fault the likes of Lammers & Dessers couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo.

It also strikes me as players not wishing to put their heads above the parapet, hoping to side in with the new gaffer to keep their gravy train of wages going for turning in utterly shïte performances week after week.

Wonder how much of an upturn in performance will we now see.Clearly many were happy to see him go.
Probably a lot would be fearful of the inevitable response if they did - “if you played / scored / ran a bit more maybe he wouldn’t have got sacked” type stuff.

I’m not sure why people would compare it to Gerrard.

Gerrard wasn’t sacked by their employer and they probably had free reign to say what they pleased

I just can't get it into my head that players would say to themselves I'm not giving 100% as I don't particularly like the manager or his tactics.
The players we have are clearly not good enough, they make the same mistakes regularly, it goes without saying we have been weakened with our new signings compared to what we had who also weren't good enough.
These players have been playing a slow, boring, possession type of system for quite a time now and I doubt if any of them could adapt to anything different.
The new manager whoever it maybe has an extremely difficult task ahead, unless even more money is provided to get new players and to change everything about us.
We are miles away from winning our league and will always be open to being skelped by a good/decent team in Europe.

If Beale was as sleekit as some of us believe then I can imagine that a few of them didn’t take to his manner. Hardly surprising so very few seem to be shedding any tears under those circumstances.

Phone Box on PRW for his leaving do?

Or maybe players messaged Beale privately than plastering it all over social media. I’d like to think many of our players want to keep the head down given the booing they are facing in games currently.

Folk may laugh at the OP but a few of us have been saying since the PSV game and especially after the tim game Beales demeanor changed along with a few of the players. I dont think that its that far fetched to have more than a few players unhappy with his shite formations and playing players out of position. Players know when they are getting hung out to dry.

Didnt Ryan Jack say something that alluded to this in his last presser? As in "some" of the players were happy or something. I cant remember exactly now.

I’m sure he said when he joined he said he wasn’t friends with any of the players already at the club
Maybe he was too aloof with the players , not that it matters now thankfully

As bad as Beale was in certain games/moments, it isnt his fault the likes of Lammers & Dessers couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo.

It also strikes me as players not wishing to put their heads above the parapet, hoping to side in with the new gaffer to keep their gravy train of wages going for turning in utterly shïte performances week after week.
Sorry mate but he has to take responsibility for signing both Dessers and Lammers

Back