The fact not one player bar Cantwell commented on Beale leaving tells a story does it not.

I don't think so however preparation, failure to adapt on and off the field may have a lot to do with it?

Eh? What do you mean?
I’m struggling to see where “not bothered” means “not bothered whether they win, draw or lose”.
Okay, that doesn’t mean “wanting” but, to me, it’s a grasp at straws here as the implication is quite clear.
However, you’ve said different therefore, I accept it.

I think just about every member of the team posted about him.

Different circumstances, but I think it says something that only one person has commented on Beale's departure.
It really doesn't say anything. You said it yourself that it's "different circumstances". One left, one got sacked. Don't let that get in the way of a good conspiracy theory tho that they all disrespected him, downed tools and are glad he's gone.

Pre season,an interview with all the new guys,they were asked what was the main reason they signed for Ranger.Only Cantwell answered
“because of the manager.”
Do you think this means “the manager” or “ the manager’s pitch”.
I’d guess the latter.
I could be wrong.

I in actually think the OP poses a fair question.

How many times has a manager presided over a disaster, his successor then comes in and makes them look like footballers again? Plenty.

Bar Dessers and Lammers I think these guys are salvageable.

If we have a squad full of players willing to down tools whenever they have a manager they don't like then we are even more fucked than I thought.
To be fair I am split between they down tools if they don’t like a manager or a mate is dropped or they get a bad defeat and give up, rinse and repeat

As bad as Beale was in certain games/moments, it isnt his fault the likes of Lammers & Dessers couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo.

It also strikes me as players not wishing to put their heads above the parapet, hoping to side in with the new gaffer to keep their gravy train of wages going for turning in utterly shïte performances week after week.
It kind of is mate, he signed them at a serious cost!

Maybe some of them realise that going on social media and spouting birthday card pish isn’t helping and given the level of abuse that some are getting online for things non football related, they’ll quite happily keep their heads down.
Or they have sent a direct message and not wanted to show off/be public about it?

Players maybe felt confident to comment on Gerrard as they were perceived to be performing at that point. Cantwell and perhaps Butland could confidently post something in the knowledge that they are viewed as valuable players at present.

Could you imagine the backlash if Tav or Goldson posted something. I'm sure they have messaged Beale privately.

There's clearly people waiting for them to do something that they can criticise.

Strange. A bit like the Bears who couldn't accept the fact that the Old Firm goal should have stood

I in actually think the OP poses a fair question.

How many times has a manager presided over a disaster, his successor then comes in and makes them look like footballers again? Plenty.

Bar Dessers and Lammers I think these guys are salvageable.

I think its only Dessers that looks hopeless. I hope Im wrong and they all come good.

I actually think we'll beat Aris now but I didnt with Beale in charge.

Maybe they read the room. Best keep schtum because the supporters are less tha enamored with us. Pretty much anything they could say would be met with "maybe you should pack year bags too". Which is fair in most cases ATM.

We will soon see in the team that the coaching team chooses, I feel this will show quite a bit on what was happening wi Beale and what players downed tools under him,which none of them should be doing for our club

I would say the players must be feeling pretty low right now as their own personal performances got the manager the sack at the weekend.

Time to draw a line under Beale, he's gone. Yesterday's news .
We move on. Imo he came across as an arrogant person.
He alienated the support and evidently some players.
His treatment of moving players
on and replacing them with inferior ones was down to him,
also two players out on loan who I think should have been kept. Glad we've seen the back of him.

It really doesn't say anything. You said it yourself that it's "different circumstances". One left, one got sacked. Don't let that get in the way of a good conspiracy theory tho that they all disrespected him, downed tools and are glad he's gone.

I never suggested that, but I don't think it's a stretch to suggest they're glad he's off.

The knew the fans turned on Beale. Why would they risk upsetting the fans by saying they were sad to see Beale leave?

Also most players play for themselves these days. Couldn't care less about the manager in the grand scheme of things

In fairness Cantwell seems the type that would post his dinners and what time he went to bed on social media

No footballer, at any level, wants to lose.
Remember, they lose out financially as well.
Players that have been with us several years are now conditioned to losing. They don’t try to lose, but they don’t know how to win or create a mentality to do so. They do not “coach” each other on the pitch, they leave gaps, let players wander free, let McGregor have the freedom of Ibrox.

Then they lose. And it is on the manager. Too many losers for far too long. Tav, Goldson, Borna, Jack etc. Three or all four cannot be here next season.

Would like to
There was a time not long ago when things were said privately rather than on social media for the entire world to see. It’s still possible some people still prefer that.
My thoughts exactly. Maybe spoke to him or messaged him privately instead of plastering it all over social media like a little girl wanting people to like their post.

Back