The fact not one player bar Cantwell commented on Beale leaving tells a story does it not.

Maybe embarrassed because of their poor performances which imo played a part in his removal..? .MB failed and at the end he wasn't good enough, and let down massively by most of his signings which also played a part , he eventually proved he was out his depth with tactics and poor substitutions we all know the rest, but Dessers , Lammers and Cifuentes along with some of the established team members looked / look as if they've never kicked a ball before in their life , didn't help , along with a Captain hiding in the dressing room.

Last edited:
Wonder how much of an upturn in performance will we now see.Clearly many were happy to see him go.
What’s the story though.
He was the only one who respected the manager?
The only one that is sorry the manger is out?
Is grateful to the manager for giving him the opportunity to play for Rangers?
Is just a social media addict who likes “the sound of his own voice” ?

Depends on how charismatic the manager is for me.

Gio and Beale had none, but while I might be wrong as I can’t really remember, I feel there was much more coming from the players when Gerrard left.

As bad as Beale was in certain games/moments, it isnt his fault the likes of Lammers & Dessers couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo.

It also strikes me as players not wishing to put their heads above the parapet, hoping to side in with the new gaffer to keep their gravy train of wages going for turning in utterly shïte performances week after week.
As much as I agree with this, he signed them and, as such, stands or falls by them.
It’s unfortunate that he can’t take them with him.

Folk may laugh at the OP but a few of us have been saying since the PSV game and especially after the tim game Beales demeanor changed along with a few of the players. I dont think that its that far fetched to have more than a few players unhappy with his shite formations and playing players out of position. Players know when they are getting hung out to dry.

Didnt Ryan Jack say something that alluded to this in his last presser? As in "some" of the players were happy or something. I cant remember exactly now.
His demeanour changed as he was just waiting for the elbow. He knew it, we knew it and the directors knew it, it was coming.

His demeanour changed as he was just waiting for the elbow. He knew it, we knew it and the directors knew it, it was coming.
I spoke with a former director at the Livingston game who was less than impressed with Beale agreeing with me that every game is Beale’s last game.
Turns out that this was only one game away.

As bad as Beale was in certain games/moments, it isnt his fault the likes of Lammers & Dessers couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo.

It also strikes me as players not wishing to put their heads above the parapet, hoping to side in with the new gaffer to keep their gravy train of wages going for turning in utterly shïte performances week after week.
He picked them and played a part in signing them.

I spoke with a former director at the Livingston game who was less than impressed with Beale agreeing with me that every game is Beale’s last game.
Turns out that this was only one game away.

After the beggars game we all knew, my worry was it would be the cup game that would be the one.

They’re probably sitting in stunned silence that they’ve been around long enough to see off another manager whilst they get off Scot free.
Tav now going onto his 6th perm Rangers manager.
Jack in a close second on 5.
Goldson / Borna and probably a few others on 4.
If the cycle doesn’t break and a few lieutenants get the bullet for a change, we will be in exactly the same place next year - stick that on social media.

I think just about every member of the team posted about him.

Different circumstances, but I think it says something that only one person has commented on Beale's departure.
Players maybe felt confident to comment on Gerrard as they were perceived to be performing at that point. Cantwell and perhaps Butland could confidently post something in the knowledge that they are viewed as valuable players at present.

Could you imagine the backlash if Tav or Goldson posted something. I'm sure they have messaged Beale privately.

I would imagine posting on social media isn't worth it when you consider the flack they are taking at games just now. No good calm come of it. &, to be honest, it's "birthday caird pish" because if they genuinely wanted to say something to Michael Beale they could phone him or message him privately.

Pre season,an interview with all the new guys,they were asked what was the main reason they signed for Ranger.Only Cantwell answered
“because of the manager.”

Yeah, we got this when Gio left - "the players aren't commenting, maybe they'll stop being so pish now that he's gone."

I'm always reminded of Bob Paisley's comment when managing Liverpool that the club is in trouble the day it has a manager the players all like.
One thing is for sure. The days of the hard, regimental, Alex Ferguson type approach are over. People are products of their environment, and players aren't how they used to be, and now require more coddling. It's just the way the world has gone.

Sorry mate but he has to take responsibility for signing both Dessers and Lammers
I agree with that but they also have to take some personal responsibility for performances.

Dessers would struggle to get a game for my Sunday team tbh …

Wonder how much of an upturn in performance will we now see.Clearly many were happy to see him go.
How many were on SM recently?

If anyone of them are on SM and reading the vitriol they need their heads sorting.

Any upturn will come as the crowd will be sympathetic to Stevie D.

I just can't get it into my head that players would say to themselves I'm not giving 100% as I don't particularly like the manager or his tactics.
The players we have are clearly not good enough, they make the same mistakes regularly, it goes without saying we have been weakened with our new signings compared to what we had who also weren't good enough.
These players have been playing a slow, boring, possession type of system for quite a time now and I doubt if any of them could adapt to anything different.
The new manager whoever it maybe has an extremely difficult task ahead, unless even more money is provided to get new players and to change everything about us.
We are miles away from winning our league and will always be open to being skelped by a good/decent team in Europe.
If Raskin, Danilo, Cantwell and Lawrence started on Saturday there would have been a high chance of a different result.

If they comment the goon squad will tell them to get off social media and "do your talking on the pitch"

I don’t think we’ll see any upturn in performance. Most of our players are sh*te and not capable of any better.

We also don’t have any variation or balance to squad for a new/interim gaffer to make big chances to style of play.

As an old buffer who isn’t on twitter and the like
Is this true that not one player other than cantwell has posted anything about Michael Beale ?

If Raskin, Danilo, Cantwell and Lawrence started on Saturday there would have been a high chance of a different result.
Cantwell and a fully fit Lawrence, perhaps; Raskin and Danilo far less so.

It will be interesting to see if Davis is smart enough to return Cantwell to his best position just behind the strikers, as well as actually implementing a style of play the players can all understand.

Not everyone chooses to live their lives out on social media. I’m sure at least a few of the players said their goodbyes privately and that’s all that’s required.

Think it's ridiculous to say for definite either way, because truth be told nobody knows.

But it does seem a bit strange the lack of social media comments, especially in this day and age. I mean, I've seen someone take a picture of a sandwich they're currently eating and post it, your boss, leaving, that's something different entirely. Especially when the players and manager are so much in the public eye.

Don't know, but it's certainly a bit strange.

I’ll try again

As someone not on twitter and the like
Has not one other player said anything on social media?

What I thought spoke volumes was all the time Beale was here I don't think we heard once ftom Gerrard or Gary Mac wishing him well, or offering encouragement.

Heaven forbid if any player does comment about anything, they get pelters, and if they don’t… or if they breathe.

Think it's ridiculous to say for definite either way, because truth be told nobody knows.

But it does seem a bit strange the lack of social media comments, especially in this day and age. I mean, I've seen someone take a picture of a sandwich they're currently eating and post it, your boss, leaving, that's something different entirely. Especially when the players and manager are so much in the public eye.

Don't know, but it's certainly a bit strange.
Or maybe people doing it in private. Not everyone is a social media junkies

Back