Match Thread St Mirren v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

I’ll take that, for now. 3 points against the form team away from home, all be it against 10 men. Not that we have a full team out there either.
Great to see the youngsters getting on, Gutted for Lovelace.

The pedantic, snails’ pace passing across the back actually worked, where it hypnotised St Mirren players and allowed Raskin and Sima to race through and score.

Well done to Steven Davies, made the best of what he had.

Recently mentioned in many posts the crisis of confidence within that squad, and the crippling effect that it's had on just about everyone that's in it.

Without that 2-0 lead today Tavernier attempts neither of those shots that led to the third screamer of a strike.

That's how important basic confidence and belief is. Believe me.

Chris Sutton just sits there trolling and they all lap it up

He offers nothing, reviewing Tavs second goal he just said its similar to his goal in the petrol cap cupOffers absolutely nothing to the analysis of the game.

No analysis whatsoever. Sky set their panel up for controversy and sly digs.

Standard of football coverage in Scotland is abysmal.

A lot of people seem to forget we have a big injury list again. There really isn't much we can do when options are limited and the team is low on confidence, however, Davis has tried to shake it up with the introduction of youth, and it highlighted how much the older experienced players are stuck in habitual playing patterns.

Just take the f**ken win and stop going out the way to slate the team.

Is it perfect, certainly not but a 3-0 win away to st mirren is acceptable any time and yes, even against 10.

A couple of weeks ago I was looking at today's fixture as one of our toughest. After the week we've had I'd have taken any win. It was a far better result than I expected. Hopefully now we'll be able to get our better midfield players back fit after the international break.

No doubt he has some record but that was long ago he has lost his pace and again but this season not just Tav but at least three more players have been a disgrace to our club at times,whether they have been to long with us or just can't cut it now I don't know,I'm as happy as any one winning today ,we really needed it not just for us but for moral in the dressing room,but I want to see if the new manager can get us back to playing attractive football.
A disgrace to our club. Really . You are a joke.

Had a zoom thing and just back on.....at first saw the usual groaning about the drudgery but so relieved and happy to see the 2 x yaaaaaaaaaaas
Well done Gers. Just gutted for young Zac

0.07 XG for St Mirren yet around the hour mark we had about a score of posts from mentalists here convinced we were going to drop points.
One decent set piece and even XG would get a goal against us. Wasn’t a big threat from St Mirren but there doesn’t need to be.

A couple of weeks ago I was looking at today's fixture as one of our toughest. After the week we've had I'd have taken any win. It was a far better result than I expected. Hopefully now we'll be able to get our better midfield players back fit after the international break.
Me too...was feeling pessimistic....like to think young Zac set them an example and they tried harder ...fingers very crossed its not as bad as feared for him.

That team and performance would suck the life right out of you.
A score line that masks a lot of our problems.
Now, I've never bet against Rangers in my life.

Amount of bookies bets in my life isn't even in double-figures.

But I was thinking Home Win after Thursday, and I'll bet you, at 6/1, every tim and sheepshagger and the rest would've been on to that one.

Rangers deserved that win, so let us be grateful for once in our lives.

Recently mentioned in many posts the crisis of confidence within that squad, and the crippling effect that it's had on just about everyone that's in it.

Without that 2-0 lead today Tavernier attempts neither of those shots that led to the third screamer of a strike.

That's how important basic confidence and belief is. Believe me.
Move tav from right back. Give the captaincy to Raskin. Don’t play Davies unless really needed. Play Ridvan at LB. Pray Roofe stays fit.
Hard reset required.

He offers nothing, reviewing Tavs second goal he just said its similar to his goal in the petrol cap cup

Boyd should always bring up Dunfermline to Sutton's face, and watch him lose the plot. :))

Move tav from right back. Give the captaincy to Raskin. Don’t play Davies unless really needed. Play Ridvan at LB. Pray Roofe stays fit.
Hard reset required.
Ridvan may be better in a defensive sense. Wouldn't surprise me.

But when it's an attacking outlook and a must-win, with little defending required?

Barisic deliveries are a class above. That's why he's chosen.

He offers nothing, reviewing Tavs second goal he just said its similar to his goal in the petrol cap cup
Yup it’s about time this clown needs to feel uncomfortable in our surroundings and I’m not talking about violence he gets away with murder re anything to do with us and Boyd has plenty ammo he can use but sadly he says very little compared with that rhat.

Ridvan may be better in a defensive sense. Wouldn't surprise me.

But when it's an attacking outlook and a must-win, with little defending required?

Barisic deliveries are a class above. That's why he's chosen.
I’d just like to see Ridvan given more of a run in the team. I feel we are so weak at left and right back which invites more pressure on the central defenders.
I very much hope a fresh set of eyes and ideas may change the shape a little.

Now, I've never bet against Rangers in my life.

Amount of bookies bets in my life isn't even in double-figures.

But I was thinking Home Win after Thursday, and I'll bet you, at 6/1, every tim and sheepshagger and the rest would've been on to that one.

Rangers deserved that win, so let us be grateful for once in our lives.
I’m the same re gambling and betting against Rangers.

It was a tricky fixture and we deserved the points.

However, it was the same old same old.

Slow, no incisiveness and barely a player getting more than 6/10.

I’m the same re gambling and betting against Rangers.

It was a tricky fixture and we deserved the points.

However, it was the same old same old.

Slow, no incisiveness and barely a player getting more than 6/10.
Keeper made numerous clutches in difficult circumstances.

Souttar clearly better than Davies, and a far better get out of jail option for Goldson.

Lovelace got us that first goal.

Raskin barely put a foot wrong, and an exemplary performance from him.

Sima solid, dangerous, and deadly when presented with that chance.

And, finally, Tavernier deadly under immense pressure with that penalty, and willing to take a chance when a little confidence seeped in near the end, leading to an absolute screamer of a strike.

It wasn't pretty, but Butland, Raskin, Sima and Tavernier definitely in the 7+ category given the horrific set of circumstances they were dealing with, and ended up defeating.

Realise things are grim, but credit where it's due.

Back