Match Thread St Mirren v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

3-0 looks like a routine win away to St Mirren but dear me some of our play was poor to watch.

You've got to ask yourself what's been coached into these players when we've had Lundstram, Cifuentes and Raskin camped out in the centre circle for most of the game even when they went down to 10 and had to change their shape from 3-4-3.

No one braking the lines or going beyond the strikers when they're dropping deep. The one time we do break the lines and go beyond with Raskin big Sima scores. Ludstram has the turning circle of an oil tanker has no pace and selects the wrong option consistently. Davis wants him to do what he did but he's nowhere near the player, or as mobile, as Davis was even at 37. New manager is gonna have his hands full with this as it doesn't seem to matter what's said to them they keep playing exactly the same way.

Lunny getting some amount of abuse on here

IMO he’s played well, Recycled the ball and passed it well

You’re right, he done ok, but that’s the best you can hope to get out of him, mediocre performances from a guy on big wages starting in arguably the most important position in the team.

Games pass him by without him really leaving his mark on them. We will continue to be second best with him operating from the centre of the park.

Some strike from Tav.

3-0 & good to see young McCausland on. Obviously didn't want to see young Lovelace injured. Hopefully not serious

Really wish Dessers scored his chance, it would have helped his confidence

Good win. 2nd goal well worked and a stunning 3rd goal.

Changes nothing in terms of what we should be getting or needed from this team. They deserve praise for a win but reading it puts credit in the bank, after that week? No.

Hopefully a manager for the next game and then we can move forward as a club, team & support.

Well done to Steven Davis today and his team.

Needed a win and got a win.

Result looks good but it was against 10 men and they tired which got us our 2 goals.

Nevertheless, Sima done well, Tavs second was good. The young lads were very good and showed what we’ve been missing. Effort.

He had nothing in front of him, no one in the final third made runs, came deep or got in behind

They did, Borna hugging line, Raskin making runs, both young guys were staying wide as well. Don't think him and Cifu are a good fit, Roofe was man marked out of game, but he did have options, just chose Goldson or Souttar most of the time, then watched them stride forward as he stayed back

Very pleased with the result though the performance left much to be desired. At least with the international break kicking in there will be an opportunity to reassess the players and team line-up.
Well done to the youngsters who appeared today.

Not convincing performance wise but on the other hand it could have been 5-0.

Break at the right time and hopefully we can sort the managerial situation in the meantime.

Tell you one thing.

I bet a few yahoos had Saint Murn 6/1 coupons just waiting on that last result.

Raskin my motm,Pity about Lovelace but mcausland did well when he came on for him.will have done his self confidence a world of good knowing someone like Steven Davis had no qualms about bringing him on for Lovelace.

That’s a massive result given where we are right now. A grind, a far from inspiring performance, but what we needed on the day and a chance for everyone at the club - including the fans - to go away and clear heads a bit over the international break.

Red card and pen huge there and glad we capitalised but still no denying the new manager has a gigantic task on his hands with this squad.

Couple of weeks to switch off and cool down now.

They did, Borna hugging line, Raskin making runs, both young guys were staying wide as well. Don't think him and Cifu are a good fit, Roofe was man marked out of game, but he did have options, just chose Goldson or Souttar most of the time, then watched them stride forward as he stayed back
Ill agree with you on that

I think calling him a terrible player is an insane statement. You have a different opinion clearly so we’ll agree to disagree. But I shudder to think where we’d b without him.
No doubt he has some record but that was long ago he has lost his pace and again but this season not just Tav but at least three more players have been a disgrace to our club at times,whether they have been to long with us or just can't cut it now I don't know,I'm as happy as any one winning today ,we really needed it not just for us but for moral in the dressing room,but I want to see if the new manager can get us back to playing attractive football.

Back