Match Thread St Mirren v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Next two games hibs and hearts at home, that lot hearts and hibs away, just dig in close the gap and unlikely as it seems we just never know.

Looking to select for a poll when we get one for me its Sima Rashin or Lovelace.
Those three gave us a performance while the rest were much as normal.
Tav when over the half way line is good but still hopeless as a defender with Goldson having to come out of position to defend at right back.
Good three points which I reckon helped with the penalty and red card but we will take all we can get and it was the correct decision by VAR.

He’s just sh1te when he’s defending or giving pressers after we loose an important game
Personally I couldn’t give 2 shits about press conferences. They’re the same old regurgitated comments no matter which player or manager across the world does them. As for defending, yeah he has his lapses, he has improved over the years but let’s face it, if he could defend he wouldn’t be in the Scottish leagues with Rangers would he?

A turgid 3-0 win but a win it is which was so important today.

Leaving aside Butland who we know is top drawer Sima has put in another decent performance and knows where to find the pokey (as SD has just said he is in a good place).

Lovelace showed up well until his injury (let's hope it is less serious than it looked) and McCausland was also a positive. Tav and Raskin both improved from their recent efforts.

Clean sheet welcome although a less difficult one of those to keep after the sending off.

It's a baby step (there were still too many negatives) but a necessary one.

I had thought finding a new manager can take its time but I don't think we can wait too long and would now prefer things done before Hibs on 21st.

A turgid 3-0 win but a win it is which was so important today.

Leaving aside Butland who we know is top drawer Sima has put in another decent performance and knows where to find the pokey (as SD has just said he is in a good place).

Lovelace showed up well until his injury (let's hope it is less serious than it looked) and McCausland was also a positive. Tav and Raskin both improved from their recent efforts.

Clean sheet welcome although a less difficult one of those to keep after the sending off.

It's a baby step (there were still too many negatives) but a necessary one.

I had thought finding a new manager can take its time but I don't think we can wait too long and would now prefer things done before Hibs on 21st.
I would play Sima as a striker

A 3-0 win for us in Paisley is a good result regardless of how we have been playing recently. We have a good record there but it’s rarely an easy win.

Wee bit of confidence for some players and something to build on for the new manager.

Happy with that. (Mostly)

Why do you think that. I don't see what it is that he improves. And I am not saying. Borna is great but the team gets more from him.
Ridvan isn't scared to try and carry the ball forward. Needs to work on his final ball and his injury record is brutal but I'd like him to get a run in the team.

Folk should take a day off moaning today,when you consider how bad its been today was ok,let's be honest it was a stroll in the park.Alot of our haters were sure we would drop points,so get it up them.
Was a thread on here the other day with folk betting St Mirren

Yup.

As I said an hour ago or so, be grateful for once.

I was expecting hell to be tripled today, so thank Christ it wasn't.
I think the majority thought we would drop points,but we took care of them without much trouble.Also handed st mirren there first defeat this season they have been playing well by there standards.

Another new member and another strange comment.
Not sure why it's strange to say it wasn't really the right goal to point to as an example of how to play free flowing attacking football when it's a ball over the top against a 10 man St Mirren defence who were posted missing. Thank you for your analysis of my post though, hope you feel better for it.

We were far from brilliant, however St Mirren created nothing, we were never in danger and three nothing was a fair result.

We just don’t make clear chances and very seldom score from half chances but scored a couple of nice ones today.

Keep in mind we had a Man advantage for most of the game and struggled to impose ourselves.

A damning indictment of the ponderous, cowardice that poisons our play due to a few frauds in the XI.
We were far from brilliant, however St Mirren created nothing, we were never in danger and three nothing was a fair result.

We just don’t make clear chances and very seldom score from half chances but scored a couple of nice ones today

I would play Sima as a striker
He's looks sharp, skillful and highly motivated. If the rest of them mustered a fraction of his contribution we'd be printing goals.

He needs better players around him, faster and willing runners.

Young RC is a good example of what we need to add to the wide areas around our CF, whoever he may be.

Dessers and Lammers look totally lost.

Roofe is unreliable.

Sima is the man.

Issued the game today, was driving back from a long weekend. Good to see Sima and Lovelace getting some good praise. I always thought him getting grouped with the poor summer signings was unfair. I always thought Lovelace would make the step up even though he was average with the B team. I think playing for the B team doesn’t work for everybody.

Keeper made numerous clutches in difficult circumstances.

Souttar clearly better than Davies, and a far better get out of jail option for Goldson.

Lovelace got us that first goal.

Raskin barely put a foot wrong, and an exemplary performance from him.

Sima solid, dangerous, and deadly when presented with that chance.

And, finally, Tavernier deadly under immense pressure with that penalty, and willing to take a chance when a little confidence seeped in near the end, leading to an absolute screamer of a strike.

It wasn't pretty, but Butland, Raskin, Sima and Tavernier definitely in the 7+ category given the horrific set of circumstances they were dealing with, and ended up defeating.

Realise things are grim, but credit where it's due.
I agree with that part.

Raskin was bang avarage and although Sima keeps his numbers up he done little else. Tav took his penalty well and his second was a peach.

We were up against 10 men for over an hour , we toiled to break them down and could barely string half a dozen passes together unless it's sideways across the half way line. Our midfield, as usual , don't create and our frontline is awful.

I’m the same re gambling and betting against Rangers.

It was a tricky fixture and we deserved the points.

However, it was the same old same old.

Slow, no incisiveness and barely a player getting more than 6/10.
And playing against 10 men for a good chunk of the game , yes 3 points but wasn't a walk in the park.

Keeper made numerous clutches in difficult circumstances.

Souttar clearly better than Davies, and a far better get out of jail option for Goldson.

Lovelace got us that first goal.

Raskin barely put a foot wrong, and an exemplary performance from him.

Sima solid, dangerous, and deadly when presented with that chance.

And, finally, Tavernier deadly under immense pressure with that penalty, and willing to take a chance when a little confidence seeped in near the end, leading to an absolute screamer of a strike.

It wasn't pretty, but Butland, Raskin, Sima and Tavernier definitely in the 7+ category given the horrific set of circumstances they were dealing with, and ended up defeating.

Realise things are grim, but credit where it's due.
That's a fair assessment. Lovelace done well for the first goal as well, Roofe got some minutes in hopefully without injury. Butland nothing of note to deal with and Lundstram recycled the ball quite well I thought at times.

Barisic, Cifuentes and Dessers when he came on though - deary me.

Very few positives really, but it’s an improved performance.

Lovelace, Macuasland, Tav all played well. Sima worked tirelessly.

That’s about it, still very pedestrian. Too passive. We have a team of nice guys who don’t have an edge about them. I really wanted to see us go and push on but we didn’t.

Deffo needing 2 attacking mids in January first time of note this season we had a midfielder runner go beyond and we get the 2nd goal from it still need to up intensity a feel big souttar today wanted half a dozen touches before rolling a pass away far 2 slow

Ridvan would've had a lot of space to work with today. As would the likes of Cantwell or Matondo.

Players who are willing to run with the ball and at defenders like today will have joy.

The likes of BB, Cifu and JL are costing us so dearly.

We must be the slowest, most indirect movers of the ball in Scotland and that takes some doing.

Ridvan would've had a lot of space to work with today. As would the likes of Cantwell or Matondo.

Players who are willing to run with the ball and at defenders like today will have joy.

The likes of BB, Cifu and JL are costing us so dearly.

We must be the slowest, most indirect movers of the ball in Scotland and that takes some doing.
Lundstram is painful to watch.

Lundstram is painful to watch.
Physically and mentally.

I don’t want to knock the guy personally but he’s so wrong for Rangers it’s ridiculous and I cannot recall a player being so bad yet being held in such high regard by Manager/Coach.

It would not surprise me if he got a new contract.

It would sicken me but not surprise me.

Physically and mentally.

I don’t want to knock the guy personally but he’s so wrong for Rangers it’s ridiculous and I cannot recall a player being so bad yet being held in such high regard by Manager/Coach.

It would not surprise me if he got a new contract.

It would sicken me but not surprise me.
I think we're short on options, but with a full compliment of players when they've returned from injury, surely he slides down the pecking order?

I've nothing against him personally, but he's a complete shadow of the player of the one we seen help us to Seville.

A 3-0 win and FF is full of the usual suspects complaining about everything they can think of. We won assholes, we won. Stop your whining and get a life for Gods sake.

Back