Match Thread Aberdeen v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Yes and they are still top of the league with more points than us heading into double digits we are winning nothing and have become serial second placers.We are winning nothing with certain people as captain.He is a brilliant player but no captain.
I submit.
No chance of having a balanced discussion with someone as fixed in there option as you.
Enjoy your misery.

Wtf were we doing in that second half? Aberdeen sat in and for the most part we passed it about in front of them. Cantwell can't be played wide and Sima has really gone off the boil. Too many others not contributing.

Another opportunity gone. Starting to think this might be a pattern...
Sima has put credit in the bank so I'm not criticising him.
He can't argue with being subbed

Ffs, the significance of a victory makes absolutely no regard on the ability to execute it.
You are either good enough, or carry some luck . We weren’t today, end off.

What's this FFS?

My point was nothing to do with being good enough or lucky enough but not allowing yourself to be outfought.

Keep your FFS to yourself.

This has become a fallback phrase for every setback we have.
Its tripe.
I’d get it if we were outplayed and were lucky to get a draw but, today we kept going, created the chances, made their keeper a hero, and got something in the end.
Also, explain the lack of bottle by the penalty taker.
Abolsoute a customised loser mentality of a current rangers fan. Today's game was yet another statement game - yet another game were we should be applying pressure against a bang average celtic side a mob who have once again been rotten and yet cruising to another title due to our inability to win any sort of meaningful games with this current crop

Yes and they are still top of the league with more points than us heading into double digits we are winning nothing and have become serial second placers.We are winning nothing with certain people as captain.He is a brilliant player but no captain.
All Tavernier’s fault, again!

Today showed the new manager bounce came off the rails and some of the players reverted to type....There is little blame to be laid at the door of Clement but hopefully he realises that a lot of the senior players need moved on.

I still generally believe there is a unfortunate culture amongst some of the senior players that second best is acceptable and tally ho chaps there is always next week

Big job infront of Clement....needs at least 3 windows.....and hopefully the fans show patience.

Today showed the new manager bounce came off the rails and some of the players reverted to type....There is little blame to be laid at the door of Clement but hopefully he realises that a lot of the senior players need moved on.

I still generally believe there is a unfortunate culture amongst some of the senior players that second best is acceptable and tally ho chaps there is always next week

Big job infront of Clement....needs at least 3 windows.....and hopefully the fans show patience.
He'll get 3 windows if he is lucky, and we can see improvement. The first window he has to start making inroads into the "leadership group"

They don't deliberately not try against Celtic. Fed up hearing this rubbish. Anybody who thinks that's the case is mental.

They are more motivated against us, yes. One because they see us as a rival. 2 because they are more motivated against us and don't fear us as much as they do the other mob, which is massively our fault. Celtic are better at beating them than us.

There's no big meeting in aberdeens dressing room before the game where they all say let's lie down to Celtic.

They try harder against us I agree with that but it's a case that they're allot more fired up and allot more confident. Every team in the world has a fixture they try harder in. For the sheep we are their biggest games in the season, as close to how we feel about old firms games as the sheep get. They don't lie down to anybody.
I think you agreed and disagreed with yourself about 3 times in this post

Woke up on 80 minutes to see us one nil down.

Fired the dogs out. Had a piss. Put the TV on and it's 1 - 1 :) Thank fukk for a point.

Back on it.

Will catch the 'highlights' later on.

Mutton molesting bastards.
What's this gotta do with the price of cheese

The good.

Created enough chances to win 3 games.
Didn't lose. Clement unbeaten.
We'll win the League Cup in a canter.

The bad.

Poor chance conversion.
Sam Lammers.
Scottish officials.

All in all, 56 still on the way this year. Will take hundreds off anyone that says otherwise.
Big Marv's log in

Rolled in @0800 :rolleyes:

Woke up on 80 minutes to see us one nil down.

Fired the dogs out. Had a piss. Put the TV on and it's 1 - 1 :) Thank fukk for a point.

Back on it.

Will catch the 'highlights' later on.

Mutton molesting bastards.
If a draw against Aberdeen makes you this happy then I envy you, I really do.

The good.

Created enough chances to win 3 games.
Didn't lose. Clement unbeaten.
We'll win the League Cup in a canter.

The bad.

Poor chance conversion.
Sam Lammers.
Scottish officials.

All in all, 56 still on the way this year. Will take hundreds off anyone that says otherwise.
8 points behind Shame FC and you're still certain we'll win the title?

What are you basing that on?

They're shit, but right now we're shitter.

What really gets on my tits is Lundstram taking ball from Goldson or Balogun middle of half to then pass ball 20 yards forward. Why does he not get further up giving the central defenders another option.
He'd stopped that since Clement came in. I think today he was asked to be defensive midfielder so reverted to type. At times he was our furthest back outfield player. Does my nut in

No I didn't. I said they raise their game against us but we should still be beating them. People make out they go out and let Celtic beat them. That's not the case. You knew exactly what I meant.

Nothing positive to say about that performance today but under the circumstances of our display I suppose a point gained is a bonus.

I agree there are different levels of motivation. 6-0 less levels of motivation which is pathetic.
If anyone is in any doubt about effort levels then look at the multiple fist pumps for tackles. You see much of that in dollies other games.
however, no excuse for our performance. Back to giving away silly poor goals and enticing the backs against the wall defensive display When chasing the game.

Given Tav's performances during some of the most difficult years in our history, his consistency of performance and incredible fitness levels, his sublime first touch, his world-class free-kicks, his steeliness on pressure penalties, his exemplary conduct on and off the pitch...I'd say he is the very definition of a captain.

Going forward I think PC will have had his eyes opened by this performance today. It seems to be a common denominator under the last 3 managers that we should start so slowly and give the opposition a way into the game.

This is on the players 100% and is a flaw the manager must address. The summer window will be crucial as this squad needs gutted.

Iim saying Aberdeen don't let Celtic win. Are you saying they do? If that's not your argument I don't know why you've replied to me as I'm talking specifically about that.
Don't see their defenders punching the air for a block or a big tackle against the Paedos. Do y

A draw and one point when we're one nil down on 90 minutes does.

Would you have preferred Aberdeen to have all three?

Strange post from you in all honesty.
Today was about getting three points.

A draw or a defeat was a disaster.

The manner of the draw is irrelevant. If we had gone 1-0 up and then conceded an equaliser it would be no different to the actual outcome we saw today.

We end the weekend no closer to Celtic than when we started it, and that’s even with Celtic dropping points - something they seldom do.

We are bottlers and there is no chance in hell of us winning the title this season.

You need to be relentless and ruthless, and we aren't.

Fed up with hard luck stories.
This, you want to win leagues you need to tick games like today of on a regular basis.
We have a run of probably the hardest away games coming up, after today I don't see how we get results in them all to keep the pressure on.

What were we doing at the back today, the number of times Miovski got through on Butland was unbelievable. But not learning from the first one is the most unacceptable part. But we've conceded goals like that on the break for years so why should I be surprised.

That Aberdeen goal and the sitter miss before it are unforgivable. Time to stop gambling on catching strikers off-side and make sure we defend BEHIND them.

Best team by far today put themselves up against it due to that pathetic goal - and nearly another!

Quite annoyed with Clements taking Lawrence and Cantwell off DURING a period of serious pressure.

Strange to see Aberdeen moving their arses and getting stuck in - must be the Blue that winds them up and gives them energy. Green seems to have a calming, paralysing effect on them!

The sheep were not ninth in the table for no reason when this game kicked off.
However, the way they play against us, we make them look like like a top of the table team.

Both teams need to take a long hard look at themselves.
Aberdeen, why do they only seem to actually try against us? They're conning their fans with this shit,although, they are a vile bunch so %^*&'em

As for us, how many times are we not going to realise that Aberdeen are going to come out and have a go at us? We never ever seem to match their intensity.

Trying to stay on the positive, Clement remains unbeaten, and that point could be the one that wins us the league.

That will shift another few thousand cup final tickets for them now, even their more cautious fans will think they have a genuine chance now.

Poor performance Goldson’s worse performance for us he was shockingly bad. We are not good enough a team to miss the chances we did today and expect to win, Balagon 2 headers must go no excuses as for lammers not really sure what better service he can expect has to score.

Unfortunately I tend to agree that we have 2 many serial losers in the team that don’t have the mentality needed to play for a team that demands you win every week.

The manager will have learned a lot from that game

To put it into perspective, we played averagely v Hearts and scored 2 in the dying minutes to win. I thought we played slightly better today but could only get 1 in the dying minutes. If Lammers scores we would have been reasonably content. Too many good chances missed was what bothered me today rather than the overall performance. I also think that Cantwell should be central as that is where he is most influential.

This lot blow every opportunity they are given always have and always will regardless who's in charge .
We were given a warning early on when Butland baled us out with a great save ,we didn't heed that warning and paid the price , Goldson is way overated.

Thank god we have an excellent keeper because the four in front of him or others filling in, leave plenty to be desired. Caught out again with a through ball, just like the Celtic game, bang down the middle, wide open and the keeper left hopeless. . Fortunately it wasn’t done twice to us today with a combination of less than clinical finishing and a top notch save. But it’s a weakness for us.

I’ve seen this movie a hundred times now

aberdeen come out the traps at home to us at 100 mph throwing themselves into every tackle like there lives depend on it

we look shocked at this this and allow them to bully us for most of the game

we then eventually come into the game as they tire

pathetic

Today they started with 2 strikers up front so as defenders all it takes is a little chat
2 out of 4 defenders mark man to man and one of the free defenders sweeps round
easy

no not our defenders we act like school kids no communication and allow their strikers 2 free run ins on goal
butland makes a good save on the first
second is a good finish

pathetic
absolutely pathetic

If you think Rangers fans will willingly write off this season (league) and next you are on cloud cuckoo land

His last 20 minutes or so have been ridiculously bad. Almost laughably bad, if it didn’t make me want to greet.

And why can we never just put teams under constant pressure at the end of games when we need goals?!
We don't have a big muscular centre forward. Been missing this for years

Back