New Summer Transfer Thread (Keep On Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an ironic stupidity in saying Windass isn't a 10 and lived on assists while Morelos would do well with the correct support around him and being used correctly....

There's 60,000 reasons per week why we won't get Solanke on loan.

It's that and other things - his agent and likely Liverpool won't let him come to Scotland when EPL and Championship sides will want him.

The harsh reality is he gains nothing from coming here he is already past this league in his development arc

The wages do count - re above post, teams will want a % and a signing fee which could be in the millions for a player of Solankes ilk.

There's 60,000 reasons per week why we won't get Solanke on loan.
Loans to develop players tend to have the loaning club paying a percentage of the wage.

Can't see wages being the issue, it would be either he's still in contention for a first team place or they want him playing at a higher level.

It is normal I believe that the club owning the player pays the bulk of the wages.

If we get Solanke on loan we will only paying a part of his wages with certain understandings. Like he starts a certain number of games.

He turned down 50k a week at chelsea
Maybe he did but I'm sure he got other sweeteners for the deal. Reported here as under £20k:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/30/liverpool-to-sign-dominic-solanke-after-striker-turns-back-on-chelsea-England

The striker’s stand-off with Chelsea over a new contract had alerted an array of clubs to his availability and several Premier League teams competed with Liverpool for his signature. Solanke, who will earn less than £20,000 a week at Anfield, also had offers from RB Leipzig in Germany and Celtic, who saw him as a potential replacement for Moussa Dembele.

And here:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...verpool-sign-dominic-solanke-chelsea-13110595

Liverpool expect to pay around £3m for Solanke, with the fee to be determined by a Premier League tribunal as the player is under 24 years of age. He is expected to earn wages of less than £20,000 a week, in line with the club's policy on young players.

Agreed, have said it many times we'll regret it if we don't sign Jason Cummings.
I'd say we need as many forwards as we do defenders. All we have is Alfredo,who else after that,I think he'd be a squad player,but I think we need 3/4 forwards,if you look at the Timmy bench they had a very strong bench and my concern is we don't have enough strength in depth,we still need to get rid of the wave thieves and replace them with better options

It's that and other things - his agent and likely Liverpool won't let him come to Scotland when EPL and Championship sides will want him.

The harsh reality is he gains nothing from coming here he is already past this league in his development arc

The wages do count - re above post, teams will want a % and a signing fee which could be in the millions for a player of Solankes ilk.
It's people putting 2 & 2 together and coming up with 84.

The truth is he's been in and around a side that got to the Champions League final and started the Merseyside derby.

He'll likely stay and play for Liverpool and if he does go on loan it will be to a Newcastle or a Brighton.

Klopp isn't going to be telling Gerrard to take his pick, people are acting like it's a neighbour borrowing a pressure washer.

If we do get the opportunity to get Solanke on loan for a season it won't be until the tail end of the window.

Liverpool will need to sign at least another striker as well for him to fall down the pecking order.

Bit pie in the sky but its not exactly outwith the realms of possibility.

You wouldn't believe me if I told you but stand by for a flurry of Press conferences featuring SG.

Bill rocksport

I prefer to trust the man who had been to a few Champions League finals

Klopp Praises Liverpool’s “Brilliant” Nigerian Youngster Ejaria

Liverpool coach Jurgen Klopp has paid tribute to his young Nigerian star Ovie Ejaria who made his Anfield debut for Liverpool in Tuesday's EFL Cup win over Tottenham

Ejaria, a former Arsenal academy player, was handed his first start in a diamond midfield and the 18-year-old was impressive against Tottenham, playing all 90 minutes.

Though Ejaria suffered cramps after the game, Klopp was tremendously impressed with the performance of the Nigerian.

"U-18s, U-23s, even the U-15s have some really good boys. Good news for Liverpool," Klopp told the official Liverpool website.

"Ovie did a brilliant job and worked so hard. He had cramps too, like Trent.

"He was very important. I have said a few times, he's the best challenger in the squad.

"One-on-one he is really ugly to play against. He's a good footballer, good player and he had a good game. Very good."

or this https://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/09/ovie-ejaria-liverpool-debut/
The above and plus our manager has seen a lot of this lad in training etc so we have to trust the judgment of our new saviour

He’s not a celtic fan mate but i’d be very surprised if he doesn’t go down south this summer
I feel some may have the blinkers on concerning mckenna, he is a good young CH, good in the tackle and reads the game well and he was one of very few to get pass marks on that pointless trip to the americas.

I feel some may have the blinkers on concerning mckenna, he is a good young CH, good in the tackle and reads the game well and he was one of very few to get pass marks on that pointless trip to the americas.

Sorry Mate last season was one of the worst inconsistent Rangers Teams I have watched in my 38 years on this planet and Aberdeen couldn't beat us once. I therefore do not want any Aberdeen player.

Standby as in imminent? As in today?
Could do with a wee signing boost today.

Sorry Mate last season was one of the worst inconsistent Rangers Teams I have watched in my 38 years on this planet and Aberdeen couldn't beat us once. I therefore do not want any Aberdeen player.
I agree with you mate,
i should have been a bit clearer.

I dont want him either I just ment that I dont think hes total pish as some make out but it seems to be the norm on here concerning any player tbh.

Solanke...pish
Skrtel....pish (too old)
Lucas....pish (too old)
Mcburnie.....pish.

Etc... etc... etc...

Probably because he can't even like a post these days without folk trying to read something into it. :D

Hopefully you could sense my sarcasm. I don’t believe rumours until our players are paraded at a press conference 20 minutes late on a feed in which on our own YouTube channel inexplicably runs behind the sky sports feed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back