New Summer Transfer Thread (Keep On Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
200w.gif

Hawl, Butch get back here where ye gon, canny leave us hanging like that!

I'm not surprised by it, but I am disappointed at Morelos being written off as not good enough. The lad played 2 seasons without a break and looked fatigued during the second half of the season. Sure he missed some sitters, sure he looked a bit peed off at times and sure he didn't really build on early season promise, however he never hid, shirked a challenge or stopped trying.
It must have been frustrating for the boy having to drop back because the midfield were being over-run because of poor management decisions. It must have been soul destroying witnessing the cowardice of some of his team-mates when the going got tough. It must have been deflating holding up the ball only for the recipients then to play the lay off back to the centre backs.
I think Alfredo has the raw ingredients to become a very good striker. I'd love him to stay and be one of two or three different striker options. A good couple of seasons and he could certainly bring us a more than decent transfer fee.
Just my opinion of course, but I'm old enough to remember a certain Ally McCoist being close to being hounded out of Ibrox under very similar circumstances.

I don't think their is much difference between Morelos and McBurnie.

Both are quite similar, with positives and negatives.

However, this might be a bit harsh but Fredo's attitude and team concept worry me, yes he works his socks off but it seems if it's all about me with him, especially if he does not score.

If the reports from NARSA are true then he's off any way.

If we can get 5M plus for Morelos and loan / tap up McBurnie, 1M loan sign full contract in January or tap him up and try to sign in January, makes sense to me.

This would not stop me from looking at other Forwards, especially someone that can offer something different, someone that spin off the Centre halfs with accerlation / pace.

Bill......i know i know ! just said he expects us to only pay money for 2 players and the rest loans. We must be paying for more than 2 players so i dont believe that.

He said he can guarantee we will see more of Docherty and he could tell us why but he cant :p

He was held back and told he wouldn't be playing at the end of the season. Burns disagreed and was a little scathing of Docherty amd will donate £100 to charity if he is involved in more than 20 games.

The pressers will be related to signings before they leave for Spain and after.

Looking at 3 key positions a LCB a winger and Striker so exciting times coming.

Gerrard said he wanted 3 CBS did he not?

Are you confident Lindsay is a target? Can only assume the Goldson deal is dead in the water if so. They play on opposite sides but I can’t see us paying the premium for Lindsay AND Goldson.

Lindsay would be a great signing, wanted him last year.
However don’t remember Butcher getting any info on signings before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back