MOTM Poll Rangers v St Johnstone - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A slog with a team loaded with fringe players, up against a well drilled team.

Good result considering. Not fun to watch.

Hopefully Lundstram is just a precaution. Can't afford to lose him.

Great win and now only 2 behind with a game in hand.

The 3 points is all that mattered and it took them until 91 minutes or so to have a shot.

Wasnt pretty but it was effective.

qxFq6UF.png

3 point, gap cut again. Clean sheet.

Wasn't a great game but some decent performances in there. Dessers was good when he came on. Sterling was good when he came on. Thought Dowell had a thoroughly decent game - a clever player with a good range of passing and can spot a space to pass into.

Butland had nothing to do. Could have gone home at half time.

That'll do. Onto the next one, Motherwell in a couple of days. Although, sad it's another bunch of hammer throwers.

Quite a bland performance but it’s 3 points and I’m delighted.
5 changes to the starting 11 and an early substitution, so all round it’s a good night.
Just hope it’s not bad news on Kemar Roofe.

Job done and nice to see that points gap closing. BUT, 28 shots, only 8 on target and only 2 goals. Dessers looks like he's improving (a bit) but needs to sharpen up that touch. He could have had another two tonight if his first touch didn't let him down.

Those last two free kicks outside our box that St J were awarded -- the first was from Dessers, who was shoulder to shoulder with an opposition player as the ball was in the air, then the St J player collapsed on the ground.
The second was when Cantwell was caught on the wrong side of the attacking St J player and his opponent went down for no apparent reason.

Two quite dodgy decisions given in succession there.

Only thing that matters is 3 pts.
2 goals, clean sheet & Dessers continuing to be effective are all plus points.
Negatives are the injuries.
Hopefully Lundstram is ok.

People saying awful performance must have forgotten the many “chips and up the road” wins like this under Walter.

Some poor individual performances, but overall we have made chances and should have got the second sooner - I’ve seen plenty of games over the last 3 season where created little.
Agree with this. Given the last 2 games and a number of changes / injuries, all we really need is the 3 points and as many people as possible coming through unscathed.

Dessers had a good game which was pleasing. Some frustrating / disappointing performances in there too but a win is a win.

Thought we played well tonight considering only one team turned up wanting to play.

Plenty of positives. McCausland is the right winger we've been crying out for for years, Dowell was very good and could be useful for the remainder of the season, Tav, Lundstram, Dessers all solid performances. Ridvan gave the ball away quite a bit but he tries to make things happen when he's on the ball, don't mind that at all.

3 points and up the road.

Just hope Lundstram's injury isn't serious. Roofe, what can you say? Got to feel sorry for the guy but he ought to retire.

A slog with a team loaded with fringe players, up against a well drilled team.

Good result considering. Not fun to watch.

Hopefully Lundstram is just a precaution. Can't afford to lose him.
knowing our luck, out for about 7 days......

dont think any of the replacements did themselves any favours tonight. dowell is still playing his way back so semi pass for him, but not the rest.

The problem is he is not off form. That is as good as it gets.
PC put
I think considering the 5 changes it’s been a comfortable night with Dowell looking good on his comeback
I don't think the manager played the right team to be honest and maybe just me but Goldson is not looking strong enough for me now and some of his passing is woeful,I would be interesting if anybody agrees.

Very good win, difficult to keep momentum up after the kind of week just gone.

Brilliant job boys, total control, 3 points and a clean sheet.

Well done to Dessers tonight as well, decent no9 performance.

Back