Rangers clinch loan deal for Liverpool midfielder Ovie Ejaria

sandy2478

Christopher Jack @Chris_Jack89Group Senior Sports Writer
7850422.jpg

0 comments
RANGERS have completed a loan deal for Liverpool midfielder Ovie Ejaria.

SportTimes can reveal the 20-year-old has agreed a season-long switch to Ibrox to be reunited with former Reds coach Steven Gerrard.

Ejaria spent the second half of last term on loan at Sunderland and has now made the switch to Glasgow to gain more first team experience.

The Englishman is Gerrard's fourth signing of the summer so far and is set to be followed into Ibrox by defender Connor Goldson after Rangers agreed a £3million fee with Brighton on Wednesday.

Very disappointed it’s a loan , but I refuse to let it ruin my enjoyment of our club just now.

I’ll say it now and mark me , it won’t work out, unless it’s with a view to a permanent deal , like all loan players .

However we back him and hope the next signing is real and permanent .

I'll wait to see him play before forming an opinion, but I'd guess that - if he has any ambition at all to make it at Liverpool - the kid will be absolutely desperate to impress SG. Which can only work to our advantage.

Very disappointed it’s a loan , but I refuse to let it ruin my enjoyment of our club just now.

I’ll say it now and mark me , it won’t work out, unless it’s with a view to a permanent deal , like all loan players .

Better a loan than nothing at all.Who knows what might happen in the future

So if Leo Messi was available for a 6 month loan you wouldn’t be interested?

Welcome to Rangers to the young man. He is about to find out what the expectations are at the most successful club in the world but also the adulation if he gets it right.

As a daft aside, only 3 consonants in his first name and surname combined. Must be as low a number as any player in our history!

Your stance on loans is hilarious.

"real"... Beware fake ass transfers!

I think it’s fair to say that the majority of loans to Rangers haven’t worked out. Davis probably the stand-out. However, just because there’s no option to buy doesn’t mean a loan is doomed to failure. Take two players linked with us, Ejaria’s time at Sunderland is generally seen as having been ‘poor’, Wilson’s loan at Hull is seen as a ‘roaring success’. There’s so many factors that come into play.

So if Leo Messi was available for a 6 month loan you wouldn’t be interested?

I wondered how long this would come up :rolleyes:

Listen I’ve always held my view about loans. Nobody needs to take it personally .

For me, and I’m old school, they were used as emergency signings if someone got injured for any length of time .

Now we’ve seen oduwa, zelalem , goss , hyndman , to name a few , come onto the scene look promising then Peter out into nothingness .

An example of a good loan - Steven Davis because it was with a view to becoming permanent .

If this is a Davis type deal then let’s go .

If not , I’m saying I don’t like it . And nobody will change my mind on loans of this nature . They fail .

Think it’s important that he was with Sunderland 2nd half of last season and got some first team games under his belt. Personally don’t think you can go straight from under 20s into our first team.

Here’s hoping it’s successful.

Listen I’ve always held my view about loans. Nobody needs to take it personally .

For me, and I’m old school, they were used as emergency signings if someone got injured for any length of time .

Now we’ve seen oduwa, zelalem , goss , hyndman , to name a few , come onto the scene look promising then Peter out into nothingness .

An example of a good loan - Steven Davis because it was with a view to becoming permanent .

If not , I’m saying I don’t like it . And nobody will change my mind on loans of this nature . They fail .

I find myself agreeing with you to an extent.

Perhaps the difference with this kid is that he has been signed up early and will have the benefit of a full pre-season with the club and his new team mates.

:( bit disappointed in all honesty. I hope the standard of signings dramatically improve from here or Gerrard is getting hung out to dry.

Good luck Ovie.

The transfer window has barely opened and we have brought in Arfield, McGregor with Goldson on his way and you are disappointed because we are bringing in a loan player who by all accounts if very highly rated and has played for Liverpool’s first team.

Not sure how Gerrard is being hung out to dry when he has clearly requested we sign him

I find myself agreeing with you to an extent.

Perhaps the difference with this kid is that he has been signed up early and will have the benefit of a full pre-season with the club and his new team mates.

I’m behind the kid and hope he proves me wrong . I just don’t see how we win by taking him for one season , nurturing him and paying some of his wage .

Say he does well - great , Liverpool are delighted as they welcome back an improved player . We get nothing and need to replace him .

He does poorly ? That speaks for itself .

The only way these type of deals to work for both player and clubs are that it is with a view to a permanent deal both clubs and player are happy with . Then You get maximum effort from the player . You sign him up knowing what he can give and he’s a settled starter in the team and happy and settled off the park .

The transfer window has barely opened and we have brought in Arfield, McGregor with Goldson on his way and you are disappointed because we are bringing in a loan player who by all accounts if very highly rated and has played for Liverpool’s first team.

Not sure how Gerrard is being hung out to dry when he has clearly requested we sign him

well Mr Gerrard clearly didn't see him at Sunderland last season.

Time for bed mate, hopefully you climb out the correct side in the morning!

maybe I'm disappointed because we've went from Skrtel to a kid who looked lost at Sunderland. If you can't hack it at Sunderland (and Ejaria couldn't) then you're going to struggle at Rangers.

The lad looks good. But let’s wait until he’s had his nose broke and been booted up and down the park by the hammer throwers (without any referee protection) to see what he’s made of.

I get where you are coming from and sure, it would absolutely be great to nurture our own players and be able to profit financially from their development, however I have always been fine with loans as a mechanism for us to get our hands on players we wouldn’t otherwise be able to attract for financial or other reasons.

Not saying this lad is comparable, but guys like Patrick Roberts across the city would never have played in this league but for the loan system and if we can use it to get good players in the door to do a job even in the short term I’m happy enough with that, but I understand the reservations.

Think of it as a trial.
I get the feeling if this lad does well, we’ll have a good chance of a permanent deal.

Back