Get Fabio Silva in the 11 every week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely class when he came on. Unbelievable feet and close control. He should start on Saturday in the Cup, hopefully get a goal or two.

Silva, Cortes, Sima and Cantwell could be a really impressive front 4 - and actually has half a chance of being possible next season too.
Except we can’t afford Silva and probably not Sima either. So you’re right in a way. We have a chance of having half of them.

Dessers never looked like scoring tonight.

Silva had everything in his locker: link up play pressing, movement. So unlucky not to score with the chance he created on the break away.

Except we can’t afford Silva and probably not Sima either. So you’re right in a way. We have a chance of having half of them.
Mentioned it further up. There’s a lot of talk about Silva extending for another season. Obviously can’t afford him, goes without saying.

Would love to sign him on a permanent deal.

I knew Wolves paid a motza for him (£35m), but had to confirm his contract situation, and it seems it was a 5-year deal in 2020 running out end of next season.

Wonder what sort of fee Wolves would command.

I dunno.

I thought Dessers played well and I think it's more refreshing in a game like this taking on Silva than Dessers.

One can't start every game and it will be interesting to see how Clement manages this. I'd say so far he's got it spot on
Absolute nonsense.
Never, never have Dessers in the team before Silva.

Far different to what I was expecting having seen him for wolves a fair bit when they signed him.
I like him a lot, fearless no matter how many players are around about him

I agree the boys a player. But the manager needs to be careful with strikers we only have 2 fit at the moment. I think he’s right to limit their playing time.

Clearly top, top class.

Should start every game he is fit.

Much more mobile, skillful and talented as a number 9 than our other options right now
Absolutely, just need a goal or 2 from him to round of performances like tonight.
Very clever and intelligent in his game management.

Would love him on a longer loan but even someone in a similar vein would be terrific. Dessers did fine but maybe not the style Clement is looking for.

He’s years into his contract and has been farmed out in loan three times. They’re not getting their money back imo.
All English teams buy cheap players and immediately send them out on loan. They 90% of the time get at least their money back. He has been excellent for us so his price won't be dropping.

His level of effort for a loanee shows that he's looking for a new permanent move, be it here or somewhere else. Happy to take advantage of that right now.

He played very well when he came on but he also benefitted from the game opening up in the second half. Dessers was also getting more involved and better service in the second half.

It isn't either/ or. We'll need both of them most games until the end of the season.
Came to say this, Silva playing well shouldn’t mean Dessers bashing. Thought Dessers had a decent game without much service and looked to get involved. Silva undoubtedly has a much higher ceiling though.

It’s almost like we should be giving new signings a chance? Lost count of how many people said he is “Not what we need”.

His best game for us since arriving.

Looks to be very skilful but it's the lack of goals for me that will stop him being a top player currently. I like him though, it's early days and hope he fulfils his potential.

Seems to be settling well too and pals with Cantwell and Ridvan.

Silva's workrate seems off the charts, and he's building rapport with his team mates. No doubt the goals will start to come regularly with more games under his belt.

Dessers still has an important place in the team and we are going to need him if we want to win the league.

All English teams buy cheap players and immediately send them out on loan. They 90% of the time get at least their money back. He has been excellent for us so his price won't be dropping.

We’ll see. Previous loans he didn’t do much and we’ll not see much more of him this season. Really don’t see them getting a big fee in the summer from anyone.

He’ll likely want back here after the summer so they either loan him out again or sell for a reduced fee.

We’ll see. Not see much more of him this season so don’t see them getting a big fee in the summer from anyone.

He’ll likely want back here after the summer so they either loan him out again or sell for a reduced fee.
Or offer him an extension to his contract.

Tonight laid bare how much we miss a goalscorer we can rely on. I'm hopefully we still have enough in the squad to win this title, but neither Silva nor Dessers seem to be that player. Silva has shown some beautiful touches but doesnt really carry a goal threat

I would agree with starting Silva though as I think he brings more with his all round play, but wouldnt be scared to bring on Dessers if we are still chasing a goal after an hour.

Might even be worth trying them together as a front two

People are going on like Dessers was poor today, he wasn’t. His link up and hold up play were good.
Silva is a different type of player and over 5 yards is so quick that when he turns a defender he’s gone. Should’ve squared it to cortes late on for a third as well btw. But I think rotating the strikers is a smart idea

His movement, work rate and technique made a real difference tonight when he came on. Dessers is an honest hard worker but just doesn’t have same level as Silva. No surprise really. What does surprise me is Silva’s work rate, energy and ability to win and keep possession. He was impressive tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back