Get Fabio Silva in the 11 every week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give Dessers the odd cup game against the diddy teams, but other than that Silva has to start games.

Silva has hardly played this season so he is fresh. No need for much "rotation". Get on and play.

I did say last week that I was stunned how much people were over exaggerating Dessers performances. He simply isn't the answer.

Silva gives us so much more. It's not even close.

Quality player. Needs to look up a bit more and not over think it. He could have fed in better positioned players last night but he has skills we haven’t had for a while. Needs a goal or two to keep his confidence levels up.

He seems to do his best work on the left flank or at least when he’s facing goal.

Last night he nearly scores from a run from the half way line. He did the same against Dumbarton. He turned his man inside out down at the corner flag.

We’ll probably be forced to play him as a number 9 but otherwise I’d have been giving him minutes wide left. Let him get on the ball and carry it more often.

Just what we needed for the second half to harass the Aberdeen defence.

Good management rotating team during the match as a long way to go in all competitions and we need everybody match fit and raring to go when called upon.

He is a cracking talent.

He is not going to knock in a dozen goals between now and the end of the season but he is a wonderful player.

Loving Fabio, but just a word of caution, he has made a silly challenge in most games so he needs reminded that the refs up here like sending Rangers players off any chance they get, also there are plenty thugs up here who won't hesitate to carry out retribution.

Last edited:
Quality player. Needs to look up a bit more and not over think it. He could have fed in better positioned players last night but he has skills we haven’t had for a while. Needs a goal or two to keep his confidence levels up.
I don't think he has any issues with confidence

Fans on here over doing the lack of goals bit - when he starts more games the goals will come. Previous game showed he has goalscorers instincts

It is disgraceful..

Apart from the crappy shot he had in the second half he had a good game, no doubt I’ll have the Desser hater’s giving me a hard time by saying that.

If it wasn’t Desser’s getting stick it would be someone else in the team.
McCausland
Goldson

Silva changes the shape of the team. He is so much more mobile, faster and ultimately more talented than Dessers. He looks a really sound technical player who will improve others around him.

He seems to do his best work on the left flank or at least when he’s facing goal.

Last night he nearly scores from a run from the half way line. He did the same against Dumbarton. He turned his man inside out down at the corner flag.

We’ll probably be forced to play him as a number 9 but otherwise I’d have been giving him minutes wide left. Let him get on the ball and carry it more often.
"We'll be forced to play him as a number 9" because that's his position. Eventually you'll catch up to what everyone else already knows.

He is a cracking talent.

He is not going to knock in a dozen goals between now and the end of the season but he is a wonderful player.
The crux of the matter being Dessers will probably score at a similar rate. That being the case Silva should be starting the majority given how much more he brings to the side.

14 league games left. The countdown has begun.

Generally I see no reason why Silva doesn't start them all.

He doesn't need "rested". He's hardly played this season.

Dessers as back up if/when games are out of sight.

Almost like Amato with more pace

Hard working
Skillful
Direct
Composed

Boys a player

Agreed.
He's the one new player that I've looked at and thought this guy can do us a turn. Skillful, covers a lot of ground in seeking out a pass, and only too willing to track back to win a lost ball, and seems to enjoy the reaction of the crowd.
For me, he has more guts and application that almost all the other newish signings combined.

"We'll be forced to play him as a number 9" because that's his position. Eventually you'll catch up to what everyone else already knows.
My post highlights the areas of the pitch he’s had the most influence since joining us.

Are you saying you disagree with that? If so, can you highlight instances where he has been more impactful centrally?

Guy is class, I think if he gets a run he will be banging them in consistently. You have one impression in your head when you think about his career trajectory, but he's a very hard worker, chases everything, gets stuck in, and has bags of skill and pace to boot.

One thing I noticed for the brief time that Silva, Cortes and Dio were on the pitch is that for each one their first touch and close control is top class, clearly something that Clement is looking for.

Over two-thirds of Silva’s minutes at PSV came at left wing.

Peter Bosz’ PSV side are the in form team in Europe. And yet, he decided he was more impactful off the left than centrally.

So your point that “everyone knows” he has to play CF doesn’t hold much credence when one of the in-form managers in Europe clearly disagrees.

Looks a great player and he’s clearly enjoying the move to our club

The manager will rotate as required as that’s how he tends to pick his starting 11

Silva is doing very well and I hope he can get a few more goals and keep up his performances

Peter Bosz’ PSV side are the in form team in Europe. And yet, he decided he was more impactful off the left than centrally.

So your point that “everyone knows” he has to play CF doesn’t hold much credence when one of the in-form managers in Europe clearly disagrees.

Is it not so he could select Luke De Jong as striker and got Silva to play from LW to get him into the team ?

De Jong was their top scorer I think

To think we've been forced to play Butland as a number 1 as well, shocking.

My post highlights the areas of the pitch he’s had the most influence since joining us.

Are you saying you disagree with that? If so, can you highlight instances where he has been more impactful centrally?
Yeh, when he scored the poachers style finish from the middle of the box

He's the number 9

A few still struggling to admit their mistake

He's played every minute for Rangers as the #9.

How's that for credence.

Almost like Amato with more pace

Hard working
Skillful
Direct
Composed

Boys a player
He can be a little clumsy and overrun the ball some times but that's exactly why I thought of Amato after the weekend.

Bags of work rate, passion, skill and makes things happen. Could be a shrewd pickup for the run-in.

There's a reason the manager specifically mentioned Dessers in his post match press conference. If it wasn't for the hard work he put in for the first hour then Silva wouldn't have been able to have the game he had.

You're probably best not sharing your really terrible opinions on football.
He also mentioned Lammers in a couple of post match pressers before sending him back to Holland. I think Clement just wants to make sure there’s a positive feel good atmosphere around the club and everyone feels valued and included.

Some of the comments in this thread deserve to be laughed at. If you ever want a perfect example of how posters on FF can be reactive to one performance then here it is in the majority of this thread.

An absolutely pathetic football player I cannot wait to see the back of. He’s had one semi ok game away to Benfica but he’s been a disaster of a signing and I cannot believe in January our recruitment team went with the limited funds we had on paying a OTT loan fee for this guy.

Starter again last night, looked like he was coming in more centrally 1st half, but overall really poor and created and offered very little.

Whilst you could apportion poor performances to pretty much the whole team, why is he starting every game? shunting Sima out to the right where he is less effective and impacting on Tavs ability to get forward, balance looks wrong.

Can we please on Sunday have Sima on left and preferably McCausland start on right.

Silva somehow is being shoehorned into the Team, for whatever reasons us fans are unable to see.

Some of the comments in this thread deserve to be laughed at.

An absolutely pathetic football player I cannot wait to see the back of. He’s had one semi ok game away to Benfica but he’s been a disaster of a signing and I cannot believe in January our recruitment team went with the limited funds we had on paying a OTT loan fee for this guy.

He's been absolutely rotten and contributed basically nothing but I can't help feeling if he'd signed for the mob across the city that he'd probably be carving it up.
We are a club where talent and attacking flair go to die it seems.

He’s nothing close to EPL level.

Can’t bully or skin SPL players.

I’ve no idea what type of player he actually is.

Some of the comments in this thread deserve to be laughed at. If you ever want a perfect example of how posters on FF can be reactive to one performance then here it is in the majority of this thread.

Guarantee you wherever he plays the rest of his career it won’t be wide left.

You and many others on here have never liked him from the start because you wanted Shankland.

You and many others on here have never liked him from the start because you wanted Shankland.

From the second I seen what he was offering away to Dumbarton in the cup you just knew he was never going to be the player people were hoping he was. Excuses kept getting made for him that he was a striker, then he wasn’t a striker but regardless of where he played, he’s been atrocious.

If our recruitment team and manager are looking at what we needed in January and couldn’t see that striker who can score goals would likely get us the goals needed then that’s a worry for me. It was all about winning the league once we got into the position we did. I cannot believe they thought we’d have enough with Dessers snd Silva and here we are.

It's the one reason I tend to bypass commenting on threads discussing the relative merits of players.

Unfortunately we have a squad blessed with a certain amount of talent, but very few who can actually dig us out of a hole when we need a bit of quality and fight. In that regard, Silva is no different to most.

Last edited:

I didn't want Shankland. Fabio Silva is never a left sided attacker, he's certainly not a 9 either.

Yet again we've gone down the route on an expensive EPL player and it's flopped - I'll add Ramsay to that and I know he came from Juventus.

Our recruitment is appalling.

Absolutely bang on. A fraud of a player, its amazing how we as a fanbase fall into the trap every time a new player has a decent game. This threads been an eye opener

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back