Dundee Farce Continues – Postponed Again

There’s valid arguments for both this midweek and next. Hopefully the decision to play it next week is in line with what our Manager wanted. My personal preference was this midweek, with Sima and others getting another runout, but I can see the counter-arguments re injury etc.

Why not this week? Completely free week. Surely should've been played wed night? This just to allow the beggers to stay top before old firm? Seems very strange to me.
so you'd rather we played on a ploughed field in Dundee midweek a few days before an Old Firm game? A chance for players to get injured/Dundee shotputters to break legs?

Jeezo I've heard it all now

Why not this week? Completely free week. Surely should've been played wed night? This just to allow the beggers to stay top before old firm? Seems very strange to me.
you would just moan they had the week off and we didn't.
Probably on the recommendations of the police in all honesty. Or Sky not wanting the games to go against EPL this week.

Id rather the players kept the wheels turning, just had 2 weeks off, think we'd benefit from a game before the old firm. Yes a risk of injuries but guys like sima, matondo etc need minutes.

I would normally always want the points in the bag over games in hand, but this time round, I think the extra week to get folks fit is preferable

Id rather the players kept the wheels turning, just had 2 weeks off, think we'd benefit from a game before the old firm. Yes a risk of injuries but guys like sima, matondo etc need minutes.
If they need minutes arrange a closed doors game where they wouldn't be at risk from Sellick's best mates' more robust members

If they need minutes arrange a closed doors game where they wouldn't be at risk from Sellick's best mates' more robust members

Exactly, any problems we have can somewhat be resolved without having to play on a tattie field the wekk before an important game.

It all adds to the conspiracy against them, us having the same preparation time for Sunday, thought everyone knew that.

I know players can get injured in training /bounce games but they don’t pick up red cards that cause them to miss the game.

Next week was the right decision for me.

I've heard Humza Yousaf and the IRA were heavily involved in the decision OP. Take from that what you will.

Whilst there is a small argument for the other way round

Surely this is by far the best option for us

Why on earth would you want us to play a game 3 days before them, while they gave their feet up and a full week to be prepared solely for us and we get only 3 days to recover and do the same

Thats before you factor in a further opportunity for players to be injured in or suspended from that game.

You just know the officials would have loved a chance to take one of our star men out the game. Wouldn't be the first time

I can quite readily see the merits of having a full week (like our opponents) to prepare for what is one of our most important games in years.

Also we reduce the chance of injuries and avoid suspensions altogether.

It seems strange that you think it’s very strange.

There’s valid arguments for both this midweek and next. Hopefully the decision to play it next week is in line with what our Manager wanted. My personal preference was this midweek, with Sima and others getting another runout, but I can see the counter-arguments re injury etc.
There are obvious benefits to either weekend as you say.

There are also less obvious conspiracy theories why it was delayed as well.

I think we could have survived playing it this midweek - it wouldn’t have been a huge deal.

That said, having a week to prepare for the old firm is better than having 3 days to prepare.

What surprised me was the importance many placed on being top before the old firm game.

There are two of those in the last 8 games - they’ll determine the title and being top before either of them doesn’t matter a jot

Think he means they wouldn’t want the game going against epl games regardless of who’s showing them, the following wed doesn’t have any.
It's all moot now, but you'd have thought Sky would have loved the chance to show something in opposition to TNT.

image.png

I'm sure Dundee will be doing all the can to make sure their pitch is playable.

We need to lose this paranoia, it was always something associated with them and now we are worse.

They make these wee rules up and pull them out to “prove” there’s a conspiracy.

Cup games have set times to play if cancelled, but that’s because it impacts on the rest of the competition.
Didnt display properly first time. Was wondering if the OP was the twitter person.

Appreciate everyone is thinking about this Sunday’s game but the Dundee pitch situation could be back causing havoc.

They play Motherwell at home at the weekend and then of course the resechulded game against us next Wednesday.

The forecast for Dundee is rain every single day between now and next Wednesday. Game on Saturday v Motherwell could make the pitch worse, if it’s even on at all.

Appreciate everyone is thinking about this Sunday’s game but the Dundee pitch situation could be back causing havoc.

They play Motherwell at home at the weekend and then of course the resechulded game against us next Wednesday.

The forecast for Dundee is rain every single day between now and next Wednesday. Game on Saturday v Motherwell could make the pitch worse, if it’s even on at all.
This was one of my worries. Oh well, as I've said earlier, there are plusses and minuses for either week. Just have to keep our fingers crossed that it goes ahead. Primary focus now is on beating the Dhims.

SPFL will be in a very tricky situation if they have any more postponements on that pitch with Dundee's results being critical for deciding the top 6.

SPFL will be in a very tricky situation if they have any more postponements on that pitch with Dundee's results being critical for deciding the top 6.
Agreed, which was why, whilst pleased we've the week off before Sunday, I was surprised we weren't made to play tonight, leaving next midweek free for any re arranged game before the split if the weather up there caused more pitch problems this week.

Rumour mill up in Dundee is that Dens Park is in a worse condition than what it was before the international break due to the constant rain. They have made very little effort to cover the pitch and there’s question marks over their final 2 home games before the split.

Given one of their last fixtures is already a rearrangement, surely under the SPFL rules they would need to forfeit?

Interesting week in dundee with the weather forecast being rain

I’ve always wondered about this pitch covering thing, does it ever happen? Must need some size of cover!

Back