Semi final tickets

So, our allocation now sold out?

Old ground I know, but I literally never missed a game at Hampden when I was in Bronze then since I've gone to silver, I've not made the cut for a couple of games now, Celtic SC semi last year and now Hearts this year.
There was still tickets available before they were taken off the website

RSC allocations have since been confirmed

It's not knowh if it'll drop further

Old ground I know, but I literally never missed a game at Hampden when I was in Bronze then since I've gone to silver, I've not made the cut for a couple of games now, Celtic SC semi last year and now Hearts this year.
Snap. I also got more away tickets last season in bronze than I've had so far in silver this season

Given the effort these clubs put in week in week out I think they deserve them to be honest

It's a lot of work organising buses to every match regardless of opposition

And helps a lot of supporters that otherwise wouldn't be able to make it
On our bus(cat A ) there’s going to be about 10 regulars who go to all or most of the games who either don’t have a season and relies on tickets from the bus or ones not enough points on mygers.

On our bus(cat A ) there’s going to be about 10 regulars who go to all or most of the games who either don’t have a season and relies on tickets from the bus or ones not enough points on mygers.

how in the world does someone without a season ticket deserve a ticket to a semi final at hampden?!

likewise, if they don’t have enough mygers points, what makes them more deserving over the person next down the points requirement list?

it’s honestly a scandal this still happens

how in the world does someone without a season ticket deserve a ticket to a semi final at hampden?!

likewise, if they don’t have enough mygers points, what makes them more deserving over the person next down the points requirement list?

Take it you didn't make the cutoff then

Think it’s more down to people now know they need mygers and cccs to qualify for a group 1

So because when you are unable to get a season ticket and only option is join a RSC and go to most of the games you don’t deserve a ticket?
Why don’t you say RSC shouldn’t get any.

i can only find 2022 data on rsc numbers, but that is around 2128 tickets that are not going to mygers

that same data had 16.5k season ticket holders registered in rsc’s

so, an allocation of 2128 for 16000 season ticket holders, with absolutely no qualifying criteria.

you can also dig deeper and there’s bigger benefits for the lower class of rsc in there. you could have a category e rsc, with 12 members, but only 1 season ticket holder getting 2 tickets

personally, i think it’s scandalous and no longer appropriate in a world with mygers
Every rsc thread

What is your biggest gripe with Rsc they probably take up 70% of the support going to Ibrox. Rsc are like a family mates meeting up every week that probably wouldn't if it wasn't for an rsc. I've made mates for life dealing with different Rsc all over.

per 2022 data, there was only 16k season ticket holders that were part of a RSC. that’s more like 25%

I'm a member of an RSC and I've been fine so far for points for Hampden.

I think based on the relatively high points cut off this year the RSC allocation was pretty generous.

The less said about the clubs offsite hospitality offerings the better.

if we truly must acknowledge this and reward it, then surely a single ticket to the convener would be sufficient?

That’s a crazy take mate on the RSC allocation. RSC’s up and down the country do a bucket load to promote Rangers and to show our fan base in a well deserved positive light. I was taking part at the Falkirk wheel abseil for Erskine charity recently and there was a bus load from the Bristol Bar also there. That’s just a small example of the positive work from RSC’s. We should always ring fence a certain number for RSC’s.

I did and still think it’s ludicrous that someone can get a ticket for Hampden that doesn’t have a season ticket tbh
Our members with the highest points from the RSC ( point for each game attended) don’t have a season. For various reasons (waiting list, financial and family commitments) but they make every game or miss one or two a season. Why should that commitment from a supporter be ignored or not rewarded?
Without these members for some buses they could be running half full at a huge financial loss per game.

per 2022 data, there was only 16k season ticket holders that were part of a RSC. that’s more like 25%

That is some crazy arithmetic right there mate.

If 16k is 25% of our season ticket holders then you must think we have 64k season ticket holders? :oops:

Our members with the highest points from the RSC ( point for each game attended) don’t have a season. For various reasons (waiting list, financial and family commitments) but they make every game or miss one or two a season. Why should that commitment from a supporter be ignored or not rewarded?
Without these members for some buses they could be running half full at a huge financial loss per game.
If they make most games the reasons you give are moot surely - aside waiting list.
Family commitments are fine but if they make every game bar 1 or 2 a ST with seat sub for the 1 or 2 they don’t go to.
Financial (but they make every game bar a few) ST over 10 months and seat sub the ones they can’t make (or give to your bus)

I’ve no issue with RSC getting an allocation tbh. I do think though that if members get tickets for themselves that should be taken into consideration when allocating the tickets to the Rsc (although appreciate that’s unworkable)

But I stand by what I said, if someone doesn’t have a ST they shouldn’t be at Hampden ahead of someone who does IMO

the clubs own criteria for mygers distribution places STH with CCCS as priority for tickets, why shouldn’t that extend to the tickets given to rsc’s? remember, there will be close to 30k season ticket holders that don’t get a ticket to the semi

rsc’s can always run smaller buses

per a separate post above, if rsc’s are such a net positive to their social life or whatever, then they shouldn’t require an allocation to the most in demand games to justify their membership

the clubs own criteria for mygers distribution places STH with CCCS as priority for tickets, why shouldn’t that extend to the tickets given to rsc’s? remember, there will be close to 30k season ticket holders that don’t get a ticket to the semi

rsc’s can always run smaller buses

per a separate post above, if rsc’s are such a net positive to their social life or whatever, then they shouldn’t require an allocation to the most in demand games to justify their membership
Can always run smaller buses?

That comment alone shows you have absolutely no idea how running RSCs work.

See the 8,000 tickets that are not allocated to fans for the final (both us and hearts get 21,000 each). Do they go partly to clubs aswell for hospitality use etc. I get the SFA will dish out to sponsors but surely not 8.000?

See the 8,000 tickets that are not allocated to fans for the final (both us and hearts get 21,000 each). Do they go partly to clubs aswell for hospitality use etc. I get the SFA will dish out to sponsors but surely not 8.000?
No you’ve got debentures as well remember .And hampdens own hostpitality .

All clubs members of the sfa get tickets aswell .

If they make most games the reasons you give are moot surely - aside waiting list.
Family commitments are fine but if they make every game bar 1 or 2 a ST with seat sub for the 1 or 2 they don’t go to.
Financial (but they make every game bar a few) ST over 10 months and seat sub the ones they can’t make (or give to your bus)

I’ve no issue with RSC getting an allocation tbh. I do think though that if members get tickets for themselves that should be taken into consideration when allocating the tickets to the Rsc (although appreciate that’s unworkable)

But I stand by what I said, if someone doesn’t have a ST they shouldn’t be at Hampden ahead of someone who does IMO
Personally we wouldn’t ask a member their financial situation or family situation as to why they don’t have a season as that’s their business and feel it should remain so. There could be various reason for such.
Every RSC has different ways of allocating tickets ours runs on match attendance only. Rangers leave this up to each RSC to deal with.

There is over 5000 debentures seats plus their own hospitality areas before sponsors others clubs etc get a share

Can always run smaller buses?

That comment alone shows you have absolutely no idea how running RSCs work.

please do explain.

what are the intricacies of hiring a vehicle with the appropriate number of seats to meet demand that i'm missing?

please do explain.

what are the intricacies of hiring a vehicle with the appropriate number of seats to meet demand that i'm missing?
Bus sizes are 43, 49, 53 and 70 with very limited companies with mini buses. The very reason we had to stop running to away games as it was financially no feasible with ticket numbers and bus sizes. With prices of buses it’s no worth patting for a bus that your not going to fill

Bus sizes are 43, 49, 53 and 70 with very limited companies with mini buses. The very reason we had to stop running to away games as it was financially no feasible with ticket numbers and bus sizes. With prices of buses it’s no worth patting for a bus that your not going to fill

see plenty of minibuses around Ibrox on game days, but appreciate the response.

regardless though, if your rsc needs a hampden allocation to remain financially viable, whilst this is unfortunate, it shouldn't be anyone else's problem.

The RSC’s deserve a reasonable allocation, however a significant number of tickets have gone on public sale ( I.e no mygers/ supporters club membership required) to those willing to spend a couple of hundred quid
That's where my anger is directed. I'm group 1 but missed out due to the high points required, no problem with RSC allocations but tickets going to hospitality is all wrong.

see plenty of minibuses around Ibrox on game days, but appreciate the response.

regardless though, if your rsc needs a hampden allocation to remain financially viable, whilst this is unfortunate, it shouldn't be anyone else's problem.
we don’t need the allocation to be financially viable we need them to help support get to games.

are you saying that without the bus running, some STH on the bus wouldn't be able to find an alternative means of making it to hampden?
That’s definitely the case for us, 7 hour round trip to Ibrox and we have pensioners that are no longer able to drive.
Ticket allocations help us get more passengers which mean we can get subsidise travel for kids and OAPs.
Circa 380 mile round trip and we get out older fans there and back for £15
I’d imagine most RSCs do similar

That’s definitely the case for us, 7 hour round trip to Ibrox and we have pensioners that are no longer able to drive.
Ticket allocations help us get more passengers which mean we can get subsidise travel for kids and OAPs.

appreciate it might be the most convenient and cost effective means for them, but if a supporter is seriously not willing to make their own way to hampden for a semi final, then i'm not quite sure they're deserving of the ticket.

appreciate it might be the most convenient and cost effective means for them, but if a supporter is seriously not willing to make their own way to hampden for a semi final, then i'm not quite sure they're deserving of the ticket.
I’m sure our oldest member who is 70 if he had to would get a service bus and three trains to get to Mount Florida, would he deserve his ticket then?

I’m sure our oldest member who is 70 if he had to would get a service bus and three trains to get to Mount Florida, would he deserve his ticket then?

absolutely

edit: assuming his ticket came from being a STH, on CCCS, with the right mygers points total

Last edited:
mate some of these rsc have been running for 50 years
The fans who didn’t make the cut obviously haven’t been to enough games or haven’t had a ST and mygers for that long anyone who had a ST when mygers started should all of made the cut
Aye it’s gawny come to the stage everyone will be close on mygers points and more will miss out but that’s wit happens when ye support a massive club
Rsc’s have been taken tickets for decades
For all games it’s only right they get an allocation

mate some of these rsc have been running for 50 years
The fans who didn’t make the cut obviously haven’t been to enough games or haven’t had a ST and mygers for that long anyone who had a ST when mygers started should all of made the cut
Aye it’s gawny come to the stage everyone will be close on mygers points and more will miss out but that’s wit happens when ye support a massive club
Rsc’s have been taken tickets for decades
For all games it’s only right they get an allocation

agreed, more will miss out, but that's why i'm arguing now that it should be the rsc's that miss out.

this will ensure that all the supporters with the most mygers points get the tickets instead of those who "obviously haven’t been to enough games or haven’t had a ST and mygers for that long".

if you fall in that category, then it shouldn't bother you

Absolutely correct

There was 8 buses on the stena line on Saturday from Northern Ireland. That’s the guts of 400 people alone who wouldn’t get to games without buses running and the same when it comes to hampden games.

so, there's enough demand there to support at least some buses without receiving extra tickets?

Personally we wouldn’t ask a member their financial situation or family situation as to why they don’t have a season as that’s their business and feel it should remain so. There could be various reason for such.
Every RSC has different ways of allocating tickets ours runs on match attendance only. Rangers leave this up to each RSC to deal with.
It was yourself that brought up those things as reasons some of your members don’t have season tickets not me. Again just personal opinion that someone who doesn’t have a ST shouldn’t be attending games like semis and finals over someone who does.

please do explain.

Phone up any bus company and you will struggle to get a bus with under 30 seats.

Also the cost between a 49/51 seater and a 33 seater is minimal

Back