Looking at long term solutions for Jacks injuries

Been my favourite player, but we shouldn’t be extending his deal - we’ve tried a long term solution before with surgery, it appeared to work when he returned in 2022 but sadly looks to have gone awry.

A good player when fit, was a great dovetail for Tav in bigger games but I’d rather a younger player took his place in the squad. Hopefully he’s fit for some minutes towards the end of the season and gets a send off with a treble.

Just send him off on his holidays early and thank him for his good times. Another clanger by our worst manager ever to give him another year.

I think the long term solution is simply letting him move on.

I respect Clements attitude towards injuries, but Jacks become exceptionally poor value for money and even considering offering him a new contract in the hope you can turn him around is a waste of resources.

I loved Ryan Jack as a player. I actually said before Sundays game to one of my mates - A fully fit and firing Ryan Jack would have been tailor made for that game, but that player doesnt exist anymore. Its unfortunate but its time to draw a line under his Rangers career and move on.

Setting us up for the contingency plans in case the CL monies drift east?

For his and the board's sake, I sincerely hope not.

I’m still not sure what Clemente is meaning . Not being funny but why are we concerned about anything long term with R Jack

What next?

Pre County match presser.

PC: We've managed to secure and instruct the finest hair transplant surgeon to finally address Kemar's continuing injured hairline issues. We anticipate he'll be fit for a full ninety minutes worth of action in time for the start of next season.

:rolleyes: :cool:

His career could be over by the summer.

How many times can one guy break down in the last 5 years. Or pick up a new injury.

Very good player when fit but I fear for his career now.

At 32, contract expiring and persistent injury problems I don't see how Ryan Jack has a long term future with us.

I know Clement is concerned about the number of players coming to the end of their contracts at the same time but the solution isn't to offer them new contracts

I’m still not sure what Clemente is meaning . Not being funny but why are we concerned about anything long term with R Jack
Because he was asked the question and he gave the update on what’s being worked on.

Whether Jack’s future lies with Rangers or not doesn’t mean they still aren’t looking for long term solutions.

Would have loved him available for the run-in, especially Parkhead.

Interesting situation for the Summer. A low cost 1-year deal if we think we’ve solved the issue…

100.webp

It’s fair to say without injuries it, Jack could’ve went on and done great things with us.

On his day he was a terrific player but it’s sadly not going to happen anymore.

His goal against the scum and 55 celebrations at Auchenhowie whilst absolutely blotto are stick out memories.

I wouldn’t be offering a new deal. A reasonable option would be let him continue his rehab with us so he can maybe find another club.

The way that’s quoted sounds like we’re thinking of persisting with Jack which is bonkers. Even if he played for nothing the bill for his injuries would make me say no. Thanks for everything and welcomed back with open arms as a fan at Ibrox.

Clement is a brilliant manager and as such knows the importance a fit Jack can bring to the team. If there is a long term solution then it’s win win for all but if not then his contract will be allowed to run down.

Would have loved him available for the run-in, especially Parkhead.

Interesting situation for the Summer. A low cost 1-year deal if we think we’ve solved the issue…
Can't see it mate. But I think it is safe to assume a conversation involving that scenario has taken place. Especially if we don't go on to win the title.

Does PC not mean a solution for Jack long term i.e to extend his career ?

Doesn't necessarily mean he'll be here but that the club might try rehab it so he can play elsewhere next season rather than we risk him now and toss him on the scrapheap in the summer.
You'd like to think that the hacks would push for clarification on his comments.

Seems no one followed up?

Can't see it mate. But I think it is safe to assume a conversation involving that scenario has taken place. Especially if we don't go on to win the title.

Ideally we would have someone coming through that takes Jack’s place in the squad - it appears we don’t, though.

I’d rather discuss a 1-year deal with Jack than end up signing another mediocre squad player on a long-term deal that subsequently proves difficult to shift (Wright, Davies etc).

Of course, that’s on the basis of his rehab going well over the next couple of months.

Don’t know why we’re even looking for solutions the only solution is he won’t be our problem come the summer and he can steal a wage from some other gullible club.

Shame for him. Just got too many niggling injuries one after the other.

Don't know what a long term solution is for him regarding a prolonged injury either.

Play the odd game perhaps. I think the guy is clinging on to a career which i think will not develop any further unfortunately.

Not with Rangers anyway.

Back