Up to 18 players out, how many will we bring in?

It's always u after q ( just something that's always bothered me on here :D )

Anyway, due to the demand in fixtures the squad was never overloaded,we need at the very least a squad of 22 ( two in each position ) for the season demands that face us.

It's great to see Rangers working their way through the dross of last season and bringing in a better caliber of player.
Lol pulling someone up for a typo An yet you spelled calibre wrongly tut tut. (Unless you're a bona fide Yank) ;)

Was comparing both our side with Celtic's there, I can safely say we now have a better Goalkeeper and better Defence than them, but they still have far greater quality in Midfield and Attack if I'm not being biased.

Was comparing both our side with Celtic's there, I can safely say we now have a better Goalkeeper and better Defence than them, but they still have far greater quality in Midfield and Attack if I'm not being biased.

What are you basing us having a better defence on?

Just curious.

What are you basing us having a better defence on?

Just curious.

Connor Goldson and James Tavernier are both lower end EPL quality defenders, Nikola Katić is breaking into the Croatia squad and Declan John is now a regular in the Wales squad not to mention Jon Flanagan is a good signing as well.

They have Tierney and Ajer (who are decent), Lustig is dire, as are Simunovic, Hendry, Boyata and Compper.

McGregor is also better than Gordon.

Connor Goldson and James Tavernier are both lower end EPL quality defenders, Nikola Katić is breaking into the Croatia squad and Declan John is now a regular in the Wales squad not to mention Jon Flanagan is a good signing as well.

They have Tierney and Ajer (who are decent), Lustig is dire, as are Simunovic, Hendry, Boyata and Compper.

Tierney, Ntcham and Rogic are better than anyone we've got, as our squad stands just now.

They're the only ones imo.

Tierney, Ntcham and Rogic are better than anyone we've got, as our squad stands just now.

They're the only ones imo.

Already named their goalie and defence so for midfield, Brown, Ntcham; Forrest, Rogic, Sinclair; either of Griffiths, Dembele or Edouard upfront. Thats lethal mate, we were getting 5 goals put past us regularly against that.

We've got Candeias, Rossiter, McCrorie/Docherty, Arfield; Windass/Murphy, Morelos

Comparing the two sets of players Celtic still are way out in front.

We still need to sign a top centre mid and top striker, still not good enough yet.

Already named their goalie and defence so for midfield, Brown, Ntcham; Forrest, Rogic, Sinclair; either of Griffiths, Dembele or Edouard upfront. Thats lethal mate, we were getting 5 goals put past us regularly against that.

We've got Candeias, Rossiter, McCrorie/Docherty, Arfield; Windass/Murphy, Morelos

We still need to sign a top centre mid and top striker, still not good enough yet.

I actually think that Rodgers has found a system that gets the best out of them.

Apart from the frogs, they all played against us in the Scottish Cup Semi when we beat them and they looked shambolic in that game.

In fact they were poor that whole season.

I'm hoping Gerrard can get similar improvement out of a lot of our players.

I actually think that Rodgers has found a system that gets the best out of them.

Apart from the frogs, they all played against us in the Scottish Cup Semi when we beat them and they looked shambolic in that game.

In fact they were poor that whole season.

I'm hoping Gerrard can get similar improvement out of a lot of our players.

We're two top quality players away from challenging Celtic for the league, sign the right players like a Pedro Mendes or a Nikiča Jelavič and the league is ours. Need to offload around 8 players as they have under performed so plenty of money coming back into the club from wages and hopefully transfer fees.

We're two top quality players away from challenging Celtic for the league, sign the right players like a Pedro Mendes or a Nikiča Jelavič and the league is ours. Need to offload around 8 players as they have under performed so plenty of money coming back into the club from wages and hopefully transfer fees.

That's the 2 positions we need to strengthen, agreed.

We will.

That's the 2 positions we need to strengthen, agreed.

We will.

Its crucial because we can't sign the wrong type of player, we have too many centre mids who have the same quality, its that next step up to a Europa League standard of player that we're missing. The leagues around Europe need scouted like how we got Katić as there will be a few gems around. Someone to partner Rossiter at CM and someone to partner Morelos upfront is so important because it make or breaks us progressing in Europe, challenging Celtic for the league and winning the two domestic cups.

I can't see us winning the league if those two positions don't get filled, thats how strongly I feel about it.

Its crucial because we can't sign the wrong type of player, we have too many centre mids who have the same quality, its that next step up to a Europa League standard of player that we're missing. The leagues around Europe need scouted like how we got Katić as there will be a few gems around. Someone to partner Rossiter at CM and someone to partner Morelos upfront is so important because it make or breaks us progressing in Europe, challenging Celtic for the league and winning the two domestic cups.

I can't see us winning the league if those two positions don't get filled, thats how strongly I feel about it.

Being top midfielders themselves, Gerrard and McAllister will know exactly what we require in the middle of the park mate.

I still think that if Morelos stays, and it's still a big if at the moment, it'll be Morelos, Windass and one other, in a fast, mobile front 3.

They have so much more cash than us so have the depth that we don’t. As soon as we were a few players down, as we were in those last two matches, we struggled. But we have already closed the gap.
To me, a quality CDM and a goalscorer on top of Sadiq getting tied down, as well as another player for defensive cover, and we will be close.
The player I disagree with you on is Forrest, as I thought DJ had him well shackled in the last two matches he played against him.

Being top midfielders themselves, Gerrard and McAllister will know exactly what we require in the middle of the park mate.

I still think that if Morelos stays, and it's still a big if at the moment, it'll be Morelos, Windass and one other, in a fast, mobile front 3.

If the front 3 are as you say MU then for away matches this would really hurt the opposition.
My concern would be at home where the opposition will sit deeper. Then we will need to have players who can beat a man. So getting depth in the squad to cover different circumstances will be important. Matches such as Hamilton, Killie & St Johnstone at home illustrate that need imo

If the front 3 are as you say MU then for away matches this would really hurt the opposition.
My concern would be at home where the opposition will sit deeper. Then we will need to have players who can beat a man. So getting depth in the squad to cover different circumstances will be important. Matches such as Hamilton, Killie & St Johnstone at home illustrate that need imo

No argument from me mate.

Totally agree NN. We need a dynamic creative midfielder and a quality goalscorer. If that means going outside of the UK to get it, all well and good. This constant signing players from England is too narrow a viewpoint and too expensive.

You could argue that their back 5 comprises:-

The scotland no.1
4 regular internationalists from norway, belgium, scotland and sweden whereas we have.

The scotland no.2
Young welsh full back with good potential
Great attacking fullback but maybe not so strong defensively
Young unknown croat centre back who got half an hour in a friendly in south america when none of the regular top croat players were taken over
Young english defender who couldnt dislodge the first choice Brighton centrebacks and hasnt played much football over past couple of years

Now im confident our defense should be stonger than it was last season(not saying much i know) but after us all thinking the alves/cardoso partnership last year would be the strongest in the league maybe we should just wait and see?

Back