Rangers v FK Shkupi (QR1) / FC Petrocub Hîncești or NK Osijek v Rangers or FK Shkupi (QR2)

2 nights in Marriott is around £310 booked direct (sleep minimum 2), so the flight is basically around £1250 pp to get on the plane. Could fly halfway round the world for that price, so no wonder TC could not arrange a plane!
we got the Marriott for £78 ,16 of us in there

It was hinted that the bus will leave after the 12:30 flight from somewhere lands due to a few lads being on it.
Glassy bus always looks after fellow Gers - that’s notwithstanding kick off times though. If the kick off time is such that it can’t accommodate that flight the bus wouldn’t be able to help the lads out. The same would apply for any bus.
More onus on Rangers to get this kick off time confirmed and remember what they actually stand for. Without the support football clubs are nothing.

Glassy bus always looks after fellow Gers - that’s notwithstanding kick off times though. If the kick off time is such that it can’t accommodate that flight the bus wouldn’t be able to help the lads out. The same would apply for any bus.
More onus on Rangers to get this kick off time confirmed and remember what they actually stand for. Without the support football clubs are nothing.
Absolutely spot on mate! I can’t book anything until I know if the bus can take us to Skopje

Done a similar trip on the way to Bucharest. Last flight Edin - Luton and stayed at Ibis. Early morning flight to Bucharest.

Luton is a decent airport for these type games trips with it being a hub for WizzAir.

We were on that early Luton flight to Bucharest - not the greatest of my many Bears Euro trips! Thought it was a bit of a shite hole tbh.

Managed to get booked up after 4.5 hours trying today.

Monday 16th July:
Edinburgh 8.05am to Munich 11.20am

Munich 16.40 to Thessaloniki 19.40

Night in 3 star hotel in Thessaloniki.

Tuesday 17th July:

Glaswegian bus 1pm to Thessaloniki for the game and straight back after it.

Night in digs

Wednesday 18th July:

Thessaloniki 11.50am to Gatwick 13.20pm

Gatwick 19.15pm to Edinburgh 20.45pm.

£450 Total.

Fantastic work sir.

Managed to get booked up after 4.5 hours trying today.

Monday 16th July:
Edinburgh 8.05am to Munich 11.20am

Munich 16.40 to Thessaloniki 19.40

Night in 3 star hotel in Thessaloniki.

Tuesday 17th July:

Glaswegian bus 1pm to Thessaloniki for the game and straight back after it.

Night in digs

Wednesday 18th July:

Thessaloniki 11.50am to Gatwick 13.20pm

Gatwick 19.15pm to Edinburgh 20.45pm.

£450 Total.

Me and my mate are on same flight back to Gatwick bud.

Well done to all the bears who have booked up independently on the back of the official travel being given the elbow.

Now to the important stuff, where we congregating for a sing song? :D

Finally got booked, won't make the mistake of waiting on TC again.

700 sheets for flights, we better pump this mob :D

Well done mate £700 is crazy money, i was in a fortunate position to book last week and we got our route for £300! That's why I always book independent and this weeks events will only make me continue to do it, would much rather be in control of what I am doing and where I am going.

Enjoy it though, following Rangers in Europe is as good as it gets :cool:

Well done to all the bears who have booked up independently on the back of the official travel being given the elbow.

Now to the important stuff, where we congregating for a sing song? :D
Think most folk I know have hotels next to Macedonia Square, probably doesn't look quite this good nick in person but it'll do the job. :cool:

macedonia-square-day.jpg

Due to arrive local time at 13.10 - taxi booked to take us straight to hotel for check in - 20 min journey). Should be ok for a few bevvies before the game ........if the flight's not delayed!
How much was the taxi mate, thinking of putting a post for all the Bears on our flight so we can arrange transport to the city, cut costs obviously.
Cheers

Finally got booked, won't make the mistake of waiting on TC again.

700 sheets for flights, we better pump this mob :D

You're lucky, I won't know if I can get the Monday off until Tuesday and by that time I'm in Croatia on holiday. I haven't given up yet but it's not easy. If I'd known earlier that there was no TC flight I would at least have been able to do something but Osijek will have to be TC and I will have to work the Friday.

Well done mate £700 is crazy money, i was in a fortunate position to book last week and we got our route for £300! That's why I always book independent and this weeks events will only make me continue to do it, would much rather be in control of what I am doing and where I am going.

Enjoy it though, following Rangers in Europe is as good as it gets :cool:

Fine if you have the holidays and can get them but not everybody can. I would always do indy if I could but work pays the bills and the trips.

Probably not the right thread but for us back here, what channel has the tv rights? Hope it’s not premier sports like last time!!

Be roasting at 6pm local time.

I hope we get a few goals lead at the home game.

We really need to put the tie to bed in the first leg. I came away from the Progres match at home last season thinking we would go over there and win comfortably, I wasn’t in the slightest bit worried we had only won 1-0, we all know how that turned out.
I think we will get a decent result to take over there this time, I don’t think Gerrard will allow a lackadaisical approach like last year.

Good stuff we should be in dubrovnik in about 10 hours unless the froggy ATC strike affects us

Good stuff we should be in dubrovnik in about 10 hours unless the froggy ATC strike affects us
Shame you are going to have to wait that long for your Karlovacko. On my 2nd pint for the day here as it is a tad warm ;)

How is the ticket side working? Just the same as last year, that we pick them up over there?

I hope they are a bit quicker than Luxembourg especially for those arriving later in the day
Eh, if I recall we camped out at the bar in the hotel until the queues went down and then we got asked to leave as the hotel didnt want supporters hanging around annoying the paying guests;)

Eh, if I recall we camped out at the bar in the hotel until the queues went down and then we got asked to leave as the hotel didnt want supporters hanging around annoying the paying guests;)
And it was sweltering hot and you made me get the bevvy :p

How much was the taxi mate, thinking of putting a post for all the Bears on our flight so we can arrange transport to the city, cut costs obviously.
Cheers
I am travelling on my own and I get in on that flight so I would be up for sharing transport to the centre.

Cheers

£46 return. Tuesday Picking 4 of us from the Airport straight to our hotel Astera - due to arrive at Skopje 13.10. and then taxi booked to pick us up from hotel Thursday back to the airport for 6.05 am flight back to Luton.

Booked it up with booking.com site - try e mailing the company direct at ..........support@rideways.com

£46 return. Tuesday Picking 4 of us from the Airport straight to our hotel Astera - due to arrive at Skopje 13.10. and then taxi booked to pick us up from hotel Thursday back to the airport for 6.05 am flight back to Luton.

Booked it up with booking.com site - try e mailing the company direct at ..........support@rideways.com
Cheers will look into that and do a post for our flight, we are on the same flight on Thursday,
WATP and always will be

Has anyone found any cheap ways to fly into Osijek?

I have booked a hotel in Osijek from the Wednesday to Friday with free cancellation, I just need to find a route to get us there.

I will book flights after we comfortably win the 1st round first leg at home against FC Shkupi....

I have booked a hotel in Osijek from the Wednesday to Friday with free cancellation, I just need to find a route to get us there.

I will book flights after we comfortably win the 1st round first leg at home against FC Shkupi....

I’ve booked flights to Budapest . Only 2.5 hours drive to Osijek and plenty of flights from uk . The added bonus that it’s a great city

Budapest, Belgrade, Zagreb are 3 nearest airports from UK airports. The latter is not cheap at this time of year. Other option if you can get to Basel in Switzerland then Wizz Air do a flight direct into Osijek for around €120 return.

Budapest, Belgrade, Zagreb are 3 nearest airports from UK airports. The latter is not cheap at this time of year. Other option if you can get to Basel in Switzerland then Wizz Air do a flight direct into Osijek for around €120 return.
EasyJet do Edinburgh to Basel.

Sorted our flights etc on Friday.

Sunday July 15
Glasgow 14.15 - Berlin 17.25
Day/night out in Berlin (Roman Flugal Live @ Robert Johnson Open Air for any tech heads also going this route :p)

Monday July 16
Berlin 15.45 - Skopje 18.00
2 nights at Hotel De Koka which appears to be right in the heart of the city at the old bazaar. 5 mins from main square pictured above.

Wednesday July 18
Skopje 12.50 - Berlin 15.10
Another night out in Berlin if still alive.

Thursday July 19
Berlin 11.00 - Glasgow 12.20

Was about £450 on flights and £40 for digs in Skopje. Need digs in Berlin but will probably just get a cheap hostel when over there.

Sorted our flights etc on Friday.

Sunday July 15
Glasgow 14.15 - Berlin 17.25
Day/night out in Berlin (Roman Flugal Live @ Robert Johnson Open Air for any tech heads also going this route :p)

Monday July 16
2 nights at Hotel De Koka which appears to be right in the heart of the city at the old bazaar. 5 mins from main square pictured above.

Wednesday July 18
Another night out in Berlin if still alive.

Thursday July 19
Berlin 11.00 - Glasgow 12.20

Was about £450 on flights and £40 for digs in Skopje. Need digs in Berlin but will probably just get a cheap hostel when over there.

Didn't know you were going :cool:

We appear to have a similar itinerary mate, but don't arrive in Berlin until 23.30 so just got digs out at the airport.

Just checked and your digs in Skopje is right round the corner from ours.

Sunday
Drive to Manchester Airport
Manchester 20.25 - Berlin 23.25

Monday

Wednesday
Berlin 18.40 - Manchester 19.45
Drive back up the road

Last edited:
Didn't know you were going :cool:

We appear to have a similar itinerary mate, but don't arrive in Berlin until 23.30 so just got digs out at the airport.

Just checked and your digs in Skopje is right round the corner from ours.

Sunday
Drive to Manchester Airport
Manchester 20.25 - Berlin 23.25

Monday

Wednesday
Berlin 18.40 - Manchester 19.45
Drive back up the road

RH

Nice one mate, catch you at Schonefeld.

Last edited: