Rangers v FK Shkupi (QR1) / FC Petrocub Hîncești or NK Osijek v Rangers or FK Shkupi (QR2)

I am travelling on my own and I get in on that flight so I would be up for sharing transport to the centre.
PM me mate and I will contact you about taxi to Skopje city, when you flying back.
Have done a post to see if anyone else wants to share.

Just planning my trip at the moment. Wondering if anyone has found a place that you can buy the local currency at?

You can’t get it at all here. I’m just back from a few days in Skopje. There’s a money change in the arrivals hall after baggage claim and unlike most airport money exchanges the rates were ok and they didnt charge any commission.
If it happens that you’re staying in the Ibis, they have an ATM that you can put euros / pounds into and it’ll change them to denar - again commission free. The other option is just withdrawing cash from an ATM using your bank card, but remember you’ll probably get charged a foreign transaction fee on top of your exchange rate with this option.

Don’t change too much though - a decent dinner is about a tenner, and it’s about £1.20 for a pint. If you’ve got currency left over at the end, remember to change it before you leave the country!

I've had a look at getting to Osijek for a reasonable price...came up with the route below.

Wednesday 25th July:

Edinburgh 0700 - Luton 0825 (Easyjet)
Luton 10.40 - Basel 13.20 (Easyjet)
Basel 17.55 - Osijek 19.40 (Wizzair)

Friday 27th July:

Osijek 20.10 - Basel 22.05 (Wizzair)

Saturday 28th July:

Basel 12.20 - Gatwick 12.50 (Easyjet)
Gatwick 18.45 - Edinburgh 20.25 (Easyjet)

All for £358, if anyone has found cheaper then let me know.

I'm just not sure when to book it, if the price ramps up I'll need to book it and take the chance :eek::D Ideally want to wait until we get a comfortable win in the first round 1st leg before booking...

I've had a look at getting to Osijek for a reasonable price...came up with the route below.

Wednesday 25th July:

Friday 27th July:

Saturday 28th July:

I'm just not sure when to book it, if the price ramps up I'll need to book it and take the chance :eek::D Ideally want to wait until we get a comfortable win in the first round 1st leg before booking...

A lot easier and cheaper going glasgow - Stansted to Budapest then get on one of the supporters buses. The London flights are currently £120 return so it’s just cheap Ryanair down to London so around £200 all in

Wednesday 25th July:

Friday 27th July:

Saturday 28th July:

Direct flight from Edinburgh to Basel, around £200 and another £110 from Basel to Osijek. I posted a cheap option from Stansted (Ryanair) to Basel and on to Osijek (wizz) yesterday on here that was £170 return or thereabouts

Actually just looked and you can actually fly direct to Budapest from edinburgh 25-27th for £230 return. That will go up massively if we get through

Direct flight from Edinburgh to Basel, around £200 and another £110 from Basel to Osijek. I posted a cheap option from Stansted (Ryanair) to Basel and on to Osijek (wizz) yesterday on here that was £170 return or thereabouts
Booked these flights last week mate and got them for £275 .Then booked them again on Saturday for a mate and it was up to £410

Booked these flights last week mate and got them for £275 .Then booked them again on Saturday for a mate and it was up to £410

I've just went and booked the Basel to Osijek flights, £170 per person. Need to sort flights to / from Basel to UK which I'll do later this week before prices get out of hand.

I've just went and booked the Basel to Osijek flights, £170 per person. Need to sort flights to / from Basel to UK which I'll do later this week before prices get out of hand.
Current flight still showing as equivalent of £130 return, out Wednesday and back Friday.

Cheap flights from where?

Got London to Budapest for £80 return . If you don’t want the hassle of going via London there is direct for £230 from Edinburgh . I can’t afford to wait till the last min and pay £400 for flights. For me it’s worth the gamble but I understand why people are holding off

if you are rbs/nw/Ulster bank customers, phone number at back of your card and tell them your going abroad and.till end of August there is no charge for withdrawing cash though need to notify bank in advance.

Or if the dates change?

It’s a definate risk but like many I can’t wait till the week before to ask for time off work plus flights will go ridiculous and I wouldn’t be able to afford to go. Worst worst worst case is that I don’t bother with my flights and loose £80

It’s a definate risk but like many I can’t wait till the week before to ask for time off work plus flights will go ridiculous and I wouldn’t be able to afford to go. Worst worst worst case is that I don’t bother with my flights and loose £80
True mate

Heard only 500 have applied so far, how many do you reckon will be over around 1000?

Stadium will be empty!

For the potential Croatia game. Is there any reason that it may be switched or moved to a Wednesday? I know a lot can happen but it was likely last time as there were clubs in the same city playing. Anyone any idea of whether that is the case here?

If there’s no clashes with other teams will it be the Thursday?

I want to book up but don’t want to miss the game.

For the potential Croatia game. Is there any reason that it may be switched or moved to a Wednesday? I know a lot can happen but it was likely last time as there were clubs in the same city playing. Anyone any idea of whether that is the case here?

If there’s no clashes with other teams will it be the Thursday?
I want to book up but don’t want to miss the game.

There are no other senior football teams in or around Osijek that are in Europe. Croatian tv may ask for a day or kick off time change but unlikely. I think only Hajduk are in the 2nd round of Europa qualifying, although they are also at home on that date but that is around 700km away!

Last edited:
There are no other senior football teams in or around Osijek that are in Europe. Croatian tv may ask for a day or kick off change but unlikely. I think only Hajduk are in the 2nd round of Europa qualifying.

That’s great thanks.

So if you were a betting man (and both obviously get through) you’d make the usual Thursday slot the most likely?

I won’t hold you to your answer :p

That’s great thanks.

So if you were a betting man (and both obviously get through) you’d make the usual Thursday slot the most likely?

I won’t hold you to your answer :p
I am driving up from the Dalmatian coast for the game on the Wednesday, but mainly to have a night in Osijek day before the game. If HRT (Croat tv) are going to show both games, although they maybe on a sports cable channel, then Osijek could be a 6pm kick off and Hajduk around 8pm or so.

What are the chances of getting a ticket after the deadline?

Me and my dad are still considering going.

Why not just register your interest anyway?

Then when successful if you’ve decided not to go, you just don’t go on and buy the ticket.

Why not just register your interest anyway?

Then when successful if you’ve decided not to go, you just don’t go on and buy the ticket.

Didn't realise that was the process.

Will register my interest just now.

Had a dream last night that we left it late in the first game at Ibrox but got a late winner. So get your money on 1-0 Hately the goal scorer

There are no other senior football teams in or around Osijek that are in Europe. Croatian tv may ask for a day or kick off time change but unlikely. I think only Hajduk are in the 2nd round of Europa qualifying, although they are also at home on that date but that is around 700km away!
not sure you can move it for tv

Trip sorted for Macedonia...looking at flights for the following week (assuming Osijek) wouldn’t normally gamble but due to short time between games thinking al have to.

Was hoping to do it with just the 2 days off Thurs/Fri ..there is a flight gets into Budapest at 10.50 on the Thursday morning. Is it likely that any of the buses that would be running from Budapest to Osijek would be waiting on that flight coming in?

Probably go to the ground although we may be able to pick up tickets with travel club members has been done in the past if they have some left over.
That used to happen in the past but then they just let you join the travel club.

Hopefully there won't be a problem with the home end tickets given the size of the crowd but wasn't it Macedonia that Scotland fans were refused entry to the home end when they turned up in Scotland gear

Back