Croatia vs England

200.gif

As much as I wanted England to score that was never a hand ball.
Game over anyway. Think England will be a force in the euros though.

England were just lacklustre from the second half onwards. Done well but probably as well as they could.

I am mightily f.ucking relieved but England can be very proud of that tournament. Finally for the first time in years they have something to build on. Southgate doesn't seem to me to be the type to want to leave any time soon but I think he'll get offers.

1 shot on target in 120+ minutes of football.

Anyway you slice it that isn’t likely to be enough at the very top level.

Usual shit for England. First decent side they meet knocks then outs.

Easy to act all billy big bawd after beating dross.

Well played to them though. A likeable bunch who surely made their fans happy.

Also Clive Tyldesley is a cûnt.
I don’t know how a Sweden side who got as far as they did can be considered “dross”.

Instead of going for glory all kane had to do was square it to sterling and it was game over, instead he fucked it up and then strolled about the pitch not a care in the world!

Came up against only two teams of any quality, got beat twice. But fair play to them, Euros should be interesting.

Midfield nowhere near good enuff,no one to put foot on ball &dictate play,back to front & Kane never touched the ball.
WATP

Very disappointing :(

England must be sick, the perfect start, they had the game well under control, but when Croatia equalized it all fell apart. They have a young side and can look forward to the EUROS but the way the draw opened up for them in this tournament they really should be playing France on Sunday.

Incredible a country smaller than Scotland can make the WCF when we cant even qualify

Teams that draw with Scotland should be nowhere near the latter stages of the World Cup, they only got there with the most fortunate draw ever.

Croatia deserved it, England gassed themselves in the first half. The winner was playing for the right to get humped by France in the final anyway.

Can't agree with that. It could be equally argued that the defenders head was low. Very similar to the chance Kane went for with a diving header and which Lovren cleared. Was Lovren's boot high?
Walker didn’t go for a diving header. He merely put his head down. Perisic’s foot was clearly dangerously high and the goal should not have stood in a million years. It was a clear foul.

Thoroughly enjoyed that.

How long until they get a bit of realism and admit that they got beat off the only two good teams they played and only got as far as they did due to good fortune in the draws. Fucking Scotland could have an outside chance of getting as far as they did against the teams they played.

Bottled it by failing to take chances in 1st half.

Well done though, bearen by the team who performed better after riding their first half luck. Hope croatia take it so there is a new winner.

Back