Croatia vs England

124th minute of the game and England have a free kick and Pickford stays in his goal? He should have been in the box and at the very least an extra body may have caused confusion.

England's bottle crashed in the second half and Croatia deserved to go through.

There wasn't enough intensity and aggression from England going forward.

Throughout this whole world cup I genuinely felt they had another gear to hit but it just never happened.

Closing down from the likes of Rashford and Ali in their areas of the pitch was just slow and lazy.

For the second half Croatia really stepped it up a gear, they wanted it more. Then they tired in ET, England should have really went for it there but they didn't.

Ultimately they tried to see out a 1-0 lead in a world cup semi final, and that's just madness.

Its funny, they seem to be a better team than the superstar laden England of the past, but they're missing something in the final third, a spark from an attacking midfielder that can pick the final ball and this team could be something.

England can be proud. What an effort they have made. It wasn't to be this time, it's painful to lose, but England's players represented brilliantly. Well done to them all. Commiserations to our English bears, and any England supporters using FF. Next time !
Croatia will test France. They are a very, very good side and deserve to be in the final. Beating Russia, and beating England is no small thing. Croatia v France will be a fantastic final.
France played 90 minutes and have an extra days rest, Croatia have gone in to extra time in their last 3 games, I can't see past a France win.

My heart bleeds for the plastic Nigel’s, still riding another countries coat tails to a semi final isn’t too bad either.

In all seriousness England did well, and Southgate deserves immense credit, but tonight was the first time England were really tested with any genuine quality.

First time England were tested tonight and failed.They are not as good as some make out.
Lacking in midfield but ok at front and back. Everyone suspected that and so it proved today. But they sneaked another in the first half hour and they’d probably be in the final. Small margins

England’s 1st half, could have had game out of sight - Made mistake of gradually sitting back and invited pressure - Croatia were relentless and deserved to win in end. Lots for England to be proud of, young team and with some of the talent coming through, they will be a better team.

England should have been better off at HT but Croatia were the best team thereafter.

I hope Croatia become the smallest (population) team to win the WC. Uruguay should not count IMO, the early WCs were a joke.

I’m sorry but that is absolutely complete and utter pish as you will see clearly from this clip.

Perisic clearly jumps in with his foot raised, the foot is undeniably in a high position (above waist height) and the goal should have been chopped off.
Away and dry your eyes.. If that was disallowed for us against the scum you would be rioting......

Let's Go..................... PAAAAAARRRTY !!!!!!

I’m sorry but that is absolutely complete and utter pish as you will see clearly from this clip.

Perisic clearly jumps in with his foot raised, the foot is undeniably in a high position (above waist height) and the goal should have been chopped off.

No it shouldnt. There’s no foul there, if there was it would have been picked up and you wouldn’t have the likes of Glenn Hoddle shouting it down.

Red and white specs for you whether it’s club or international football.

Let's be brutally honest.
The only reason these two teams are contesting a world semi final is due to the big nations being well below par...….Argentina,Brazil,Germany and Spain......this is also a world cup without strong Dutch and Italian sides.

England beat Tunisia and Panama in the group stages then Colombia and Sweden to reach the semis.....they will be lucky to get this chance again.
1-0 up inside 5 minutes...…...dress it up any way you want this was a massive failure.

Harry Kane & Dele Alli were non-existent.

I'm hoping the Croats beat the frogs in the final mind you.

England had no killer instinct.

Lacking in midfield but ok at front and back. Everyone suspected that and so it proved today. But they sneaked another in the first half hour and they’d probably be in the final. Small margins
To be fair they were pish up front too - Kane was terrible, Sterling's pace was a threat but did f-all with it. Rashford tried I guess.

Beat Tunisia
Beat Panama
Lost to a Belgium B side
Beat a shite Columbia on Penalties
Beat a poor Sweden team
Lost to Croatia ranked 20th

They failed badly, they are a young side, but to come back strong in 2 years for the Euro's, they need to toughen the f.uck up.

England’s World Cup:

Beat Tunisia 2-1
Pumped a pub team - still conceded
Lost a friendly to Belgium

Went through on penalties against a Columbia side missing their best player
Beat a poor Sweden side
Created very very little against Croatia

The commentator said he looks forward to seeing what England do going forward.

I’m sorry, all the “it’s coming home stuff” has been fun, but masks that the team are pretty poor overall.

• Harry kane was piss poor and wasnt involved in the game..If Southgate had any bottle he would have replaced him with Vardy in the second half

Vardy? He's looked every inch a mid-table EPL player. That's one of the issues with England - no one really top drawer.

Given their inexperience, they performed well.

Wanted England to win it all, but let's look at their tourney.
Group stage
Penalty and set piece against Tunisia. Beat a pub team, beaten by Belgium reserves.
Last 16, held on to win on pens.
Qtrs, played well, comfortable victory against what would be a mid table PL team.
Semi, first decent opposition. Should have won it in 1st half. Never played after half time.....oot

England’s World Cup:

Beat Tunisia 2-1

Beat a poor Sweden side

I’m sorry, all the “it’s coming home stuff” has been fun, but masks that the team are pretty poor overall.

A truth that will not rear its inconvenient head in the English media.

It's Coming Home :D

He’s diving forward, I know you’re smarting from the result but let’s be honest it’s never a foul.
I’m disappointed in the result, yes.
And, yes, I agree it wasn’t a foul.
All I’m saying, as I’ve suggested to others on this thread, I’ve seen fouls given for such a challenge and there have been times when I would have wanted a foul given, and not.

Let's be brutally honest.
The only reason these two teams are contesting a world semi final is due to the big nations being well below par...….Argentina,Brazil,Germany and Spain......this is also a world cup without strong Dutch and Italian sides.

England beat Tunisia and Panama in the group stages then Colombia and Sweden to reach the semis.....they will be lucky to get this chance again.
1-0 u p inside 5 minutes...…...dress it up any way you want this was a massive failure.
A massive failure for England?
If so I don't agree, they got very lucky with the draw, did their best and lost when they came up against a good team. Where's the failure in that?

If they're going to play a back 3 then they need 2 proper wingbacks. They don't have that and probably only have 2 of a solid back 3.

The guys playing behind Kane need to do a power of work. Does Sterling fit the bill? Alli should but I'm not sure he has the game intelligence yet to really play that role properly. Midfield they have a guy who will sit and protect the back 3 or who will break up opposition attacks but one of the pundits I heard before the tournament started lamented their lack of a playmaker who can put his foot on the ball, look for a team mate and then find him with a pass that gets an attack going. It's telling that they were most dangerous from set pieces rather than from open play. Nobody was taking control of things in the middle of the park.

They're probably a centre half, 2 proper modern wingbacks, another attacking midfielder and a playmaker away from being the finished article. I'd have Dier in the middle of the park ahead of Henderson - he was hiding in the CL final and he hasn't had a particularly good world cup - and perhaps the likes of a Wilshire beside him is a better balance? Alli would be wasted playing deep but in that more advanced role he needs to be better at using the ball.

They'll be stronger in 4 years time. The Argentinians are facing a transition with the loss of Messi in the near future. Same for Portugal with Ronaldo. Germany probably need another overhaul as their lack of a plan B was badly exposed this tournament. Spain will also have to bring through some new players in key positions.

I think the big thing for England that would be a barrier to them going even further next time would be France and the emergence of Mbappe. France have a very good squad. Umtiti is still young. Kante will be 31 at the next world cup and still in his prime. They have Greizmann and Mbappe who will be world class for years t come.

Unless they can step up in 4 years time then I'd expect them to find at least France too good, even if some of the other big rivals will be looking to rebuild.

Players in brittiah football do not have the quality or mentality to be world or euro champions.
All English clubs rely on the foreign contingent of their team and believe they are better than what they are.
When left on their own without the better quality on their side the deficiency is clear to see in composure and passing and first touch.

England will never have a better chance to get to a world cup final.

Wanted England to go through but their style is poor to watch and set plays can only get you so far. Pace, passing, movement and skill.

France should win this.

England’s World Cup:

Beat Tunisia 2-1

Beat a poor Sweden side

I said as much just above you there mate. They were kidding themselves on.

I’m disappointed in the result, yes.
And, yes, I agree it wasn’t a foul.
All I’m saying, as I’ve suggested to others on this thread, I’ve seen fouls given for such a challenge and there have been times when I would have wanted a foul given, and not.

Fair enough. Maybe it would have been given on other occasions, but feck me it would have been unbelievably harsh. I thought it was a brilliant finish and Walker going down has given a few something to cling too.

No it shouldnt. There’s no foul there, if there was it would have been picked up and you wouldn’t have the likes of Glenn Hoddle shouting it down.

Red and white specs for you whether it’s club or international football.

Pundits are paid to talk about football and be controversial. You have no excuse. I have given you clear video footage that the foot was dangerously high and that that the goal should not have stood. When people ignore facts, arguments are merely a waste of time. I’m out. Enjoy obsessing about Liverpool, you clearly love to talk about them.

I only truly support Scotland at international level. I wanted my fellow Brits to do well, but wont lose any sleep over the fact that they are out.

Tomorrow night, however, that is different.

Come on Rangers. Let's Go !!!!!!!!

Really gagging to get into Ibrox tomorrow night. Can't wait

I don't give a hooha about either tbh.

Rangers first.

I couldn't wait for the Bury match, was chomping at the bit.

As for tomorrow, I'm buzzing.

I hope you have a superb evening.

If it emerges that Kane had been carrying an injury since the Colombia game then it was a mistake playing him

Done nothing in these last two games

England bottled it plain and simple.

Should have been out of sight in the first half if it wasn't for the wastefulness and selfishness of Kane.

2nd half they were so frantic and instead of the composed build up play from the back they had tried to play for most of the tournament they reverted to long hopeful balls up the park.

Commentators saying "England are contenders again". I disagree as i think they got lucky with the draw in getting to the semi's in the first place and may never have a better chance of getting to another World Cup Final.

Pundits are paid to talk about football and be controversial. You have no excuse. I have given you clear video footage that the foot was dangerously high and that that the goal should not have stood. When people ignore facts, arguments are merely a waste of time. I’m out. Enjoy obsessing about Liverpool, you clearly love to talk about them.

It’s not dangerously high when Walker is stooping forward and parallel to the turf. It’s utter nonsense and you’re letting your blinding bias embarrass you for the umpteenth time.

Back