Croatia vs England

Well lets be honest only the snp will want full independence and if your saying you want Scotland to run itself that's the only party you could go to. As I said b4 m8 hijacked by scum wanting a separate Scotland but a united Ireland that's your snp for you

Yes i want an independent Scotland as all countries in Britain. Let the Irish decide what they want has nothing to do with anyone else. Why do people believe political parties are the only way to govern? There are many different ways to govern a country all of them are better for said countries than national political parties have ever been. The most successful country in the world Switzerland is a prime example. Christ we are world famous for one, Clans. I absolutely despise the SNP and i.m.o are the worst thing about Scotland. In the not so distant future things are going to be much different than now not just in the U.K.

Last edited:
We had a vote on that quite recently.

Agreed , the one where they counted the overseas postal vote and announced the results a week before the vote. My step father who is English was almost beside himself that they did that. Do you know what the total of cast overseas votes was and what the Yes vote lost by?

All joking aside, we are all experts on spelling and grammar in the lounge. We can sniff out a wrong’un very easily.

Is there certain phrases and words and grammar that expose that you are a wrong'un? What is the definition of a wrong'un by the way?

Agreed , the one where they counted the overseas postal vote and announced the results a week before the vote. My step father who is English was almost beside himself that they did that. Do you know what the total of cast overseas votes was and what the Yes vote lost by?

Does this wave after wave of wibble defeat the 2 million Scots who voted no?

I’m afraid not my friend. You lost and Scotland is forever British.

Like political parties i don't do secret societies and the like. To many opportunities for conspiracies. I would decline if you invited me to join. ;)

Ah, that’s a shame.

Well good luck pursuing your dead in the water cause of Scottish independence.

I take great pleasure in everything I did to resist that when it actually mattered.

God bless.

Does this wave after wave of wibble defeat the 2 million Scots who voted no?

I’m afraid not my friend. You lost and Scotland is forever British.

I am quite happy to accept any vote as long as it is fair. But i will disagree with you that Scotland will be part of the U.K for as long as you think . My life long friend T.S was the leader of the the Scottish Lib Dems and was a No vote supporter, we have had many a discussion on the issue. He was in a minority within our circle. Peace.

I am quite happy to accept any vote as long as it is fair. But i will disagree with you that Scotland will be part of the U.K for as long as you think . My life long friend S.T was the leader of the the Scottish Lib Dems and he was a No vote supporter and we have had many a discussion on the issue. He was in a minority within our circle. Peace.

But there won’t be another vote.

Once in a generation was what your lot said.

We will stick to that I’m afraid.

That lot is not my lot. :eek: When we the people speak as they say.

Just saying, for such a vote to mean anything it needs legal grounding and significant turnout.

None of us 2 million no votes are going to participate in your sour grapes illegitimate rerun.

You had one chance, it’s gone.

The people have spoken.

Anyway now they reckon they are now major contender for future Euros and WCs, they choked tonight lets be honest.

France would have hammered then anyway.

as a scot living overseas i was not allowed a vote. 16yo high schooler in scotland - yes, me - no.

Have to also add that a country of four million people (fewer than Scotland and not much more than Wales) making a World Cup final is a superb feat. Surely Croatia is the smallest ever nation to make the final??
Err... Uruguay......?

You are talking crap mate,you had to live in Scotland to get a vote! Christ if you were a Scot living in England you couldn’t vote! You are either fishing or someone’s telling you porkies?

Anyway now they reckon they are now major contender for future Euros and WCs, they choked tonight lets be honest.

France would have hammered then anyway.

I don’t think they choked, I just think the extent of their abilities had been reached.

They’ve flattered to deceive in many respects while the luck of the draw has been undeniably kind to them.

They were business like against Colombia and Sweden, but Croatia were a level above that and England just didn’t have enough about them to rise to it.

They’ve over achieved, but they can be proud.

Which overseas postal vote was that?

There was no overseas vote, there was a postal vote within Scotland for those who would not be able to make it to voting centres.
The Nats also changed the rules so that gullible 16 year olds could vote Yes and they still lost.

Southgate should be brought to task for the capitulation. They were well on top at half time and then for some reason known to himself, he decided his team should hold on, sit back for the entire 2nd half and allow the Croatian midfield to dictate the rest of the match. Kamikaze stuff.

Here’s a very telling picture that shows precisely that Croatia’s equaliser should not have stood.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....me-as-referee-allows-croatia-equaliser-189288

Perisic himself is clearly off the floor, his ‘standing’ leg is straight and the offending leg is at least 12-18 inches above his own waist height whilst jumping. England were robbed.

If that isn’t dangerous play, nothing is.

Or he was shooting and a desperate lunge by walker to defend? Ie walkers late attempt made it seem dangerous

I’d be disappointed if we had a goal like that ruled out

Southgate should be brought to task for the capitulation. They were well on top at half time and then for some reason known to himself, he decided his team should hold on, sit back for the entire 2nd half and allow the Croatian midfield to dictate the rest of the match. Kamikaze stuff.

It happened in the Colombia game as well. As soon as his team are under the cosh he has no idea how to change it. He wears a waistcoat well, though

6 games, 2 wins against nobodies, 1 win against a run of the mill team. 1 game lost that can be put down to a tactical loss, 2 draws 1 against another shit team and 1 were they bottled it and should have put the game to bed in the first half.

The did well to make the semi final when you look at it on paper but when you analyse it they really should have done so much better.
The only way they could've done any better was to beat Croatia.

England were disappointing, but to be expected. The team lacked technical ability and did not have a controlling midfielder to stabilise the team. Hence, the end result was a long ball game. As per usual, the press made England to be better than they were in reality. Walker was the weak link in defence. Ashley Young it seemed age had caught up with him last night. Kane went missing. The team started well and should have been two up, but Linguard missed a great chance. Second half, it all began to unravel and Henderson's lack of true class showed through more and more. Ironically, Sterling was better than usual yet was substituted early. The real difference was Modric. A ghost of himself in the first half, he started to motor after they equalised. England had no one to counter his influence. It was a decent and open game for a World Cup semi. I expect France to demolish them.

Working in England and I’m struggling to control my joy at all the miserable c*nts who wouldn’t stop talking about it coming home 20 times a day. Just deserts for the OTT boasts big and English press making out they are anything other than lucky with their draw and circumstances. Heading into work early though as I left my PC with a Croatia wallpaper on it as a pre match windup. It’ll tip someone over the edge today and I’m holding back on the gloating although inside I’m fecking delighted.

I see this thread has brought out a few lying NATzis out with the genuine Scots who just wanted England pumped which is natural.

I wish all the NATzis would phuck off out of Ibrox and join your average NATzi nowadays who are Rangers hating, English hating, Union Flag hating, lovers of extreme Irish Republicanism, like Dornan, O'Hara, Dalton, Yousaf, Ferrier, Black, McAleney, Grant, and all the rest.

But hey ho, you've made your bed, you can lie on it with all your Rangers hating mates.

NS.

I see this thread has brought out a few lying NATzis out with the genuine Scots who just wanted England pumped which is natural.

I wish all the NATzis would phuck off out of Ibrox and join your average NATzi nowadays who are Rangers hating, English hating, Union Flag hating, lovers of extreme Irish Republicanism, like Dornan, O'Hara, Dalton, Yousaf, Ferrier, Black, McAleney, Grant, and all the rest.

But hey ho, you've made your bed, you can lie on it with all your Rangers hating mates.

NS.

Spot on bud.

%^*& the English national team and %^*& the SNP.

I don’t think they choked, I just think the extent of their abilities had been reached.

They’ve flattered to deceive in many respects while the luck of the draw has been undeniably kind to them.

They were business like against Colombia and Sweden, but Croatia were a level above that and England just didn’t have enough about them to rise to it.

They’ve over achieved, but they can be proud.
As a tournament they got further than they could ever have expected but the Colombia and Croatia games probably showed up Southgates inefficiencies. Strange subs and a complete inability to stop a game getting away from them.

They lacked cutting edge for most of the games despite having 4 or 5 attackers on the pitch at any point and when needing a goal their tactics boiled down to punting the ball and hoping someone got a head on it.

Here’s a very telling picture that shows precisely that Croatia’s equaliser should not have stood.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....me-as-referee-allows-croatia-equaliser-189288

Perisic himself is clearly off the floor, his ‘standing’ leg is straight and the offending leg is at least 12-18 inches above his own waist height whilst jumping. England were robbed.

WiltedWeeBettong-max-1mb.gif

That really was a game of two halves. At half time looked like England were coasting, after they actually looked like the team who'd laboured to two penalty shootout wins against average opposition in the second half. Big chance wasted, France will easily beat Croatia.

You're clutching at straws mate, not a chance that goal should be ruled out & I was born in England and obviously wanted them to win.

They only have themselves to blame, they had a couple of good chances to put the game to bed at 1-0, didn't take them & paid the price.

That said they've had a good run & exceeded expectations.

As a tournament they got further than they could ever have expected but the Colombia and Croatia games probably showed up Southgates inefficiencies. Strange subs and a complete inability to stop a game getting away from them.

They lacked cutting edge for most of the games despite having 4 or 5 attackers on the pitch at any point and when needing a goal their tactics boiled down to punting the ball and hoping someone got a head on it.

From Colombia onwards the number of times you heard the commentators trying to convince themselves that glory lay in England’s aerial threat from set pieces was really beginning to wear thin last night.

At the business end of the World Cup, hoping to win via Maguire or Stones getting on the end of a corner or free kick was hopeful in the extreme.

Kane, their captain and talisman, was piss-poor last night. In the main Croatia had the edge but if Kane and Lingard (how many chances in the tournament did this boy fail to even get on target?) score their gilt edged chances the games a bogey before half time. Only themselves to blame!

Kane will be lauded if, as seems likely, he wins the golden boot but 3 against possibly the worst side there and 2 penalties!

This is where England have a problem. They should be like Germany, Brazil, Argentina, Italy, France & Spain....enter every major finals intending to win it. They don't, so they fail.

You'll never find any of those countries giving beaten semi-finalists a heroes welcome home!

England needed a midfielder who can hold the ball and create. Modric was excellent in the second half.

A few observations from the game.

- England should have been out of sight in the first half. They were actually streets ahead of Croatia. Kane was absolutely woeful, he's got to square that chance to Sterling for a tap in. 2-0 and it's game over. He then proceeds to not pass the ball to Sterling, and miss TWO sitters within seconds of each other.

- The Croatia manager done Southgate tactically after the break and Southgate didn't know how to react. Croatia would have been over the moon they were still in the game at half time, the manager has regrouped them, tweaked it tactically and they've came out and played much, much better.

- Taking Sterling off? The Croatia defence would have been happy with that.

- The Perisic goal, there's absolutely an argument for it being a foul.

All in all, they'll be gutted today as they lost to a side that they are better than overall imo.

Southgate gets away with a lot as he’s got the media onside and is a good guy. I don’t understand why he took sterling off and why Kane stayed on when he did the nothing the whole game. Rashford comes on and does nothing yet again while Vardy gets a token 10 mins. The big concern for Southgate is in the middle of the park. They really need a world class creative midfielder who can run the show. Henderson is woeful IMO, Lindgard flatters to deceive and Alli disappears too often in games for my liking. France would have destroyed them in the final!

Seeing footage of them trying to take a quick centre while Croatia were still celebrating their goal. Quite embarassing to try and pull a snidely move like that in a World Cup Semi.

Back