"They will fold like a pack of cards"

When they go out tonight it will be sell sell sell.
Boyata may go to England on loan until January when the deal will be confirmed would be my guess and that will just be the start..............

It’s poor for posters above to suggest folk on here want them to go through so they can say i told you so? Absolute nonsense! Every last member of this forum wants they horrible bastards out tonight and to get as much shite their way as possible but we also know how lucky they are and how things seem to go their way more often than not so it’s an expectation that they will squeeze through. But by f**k we hope they don’t and it’s the start of a meltdown

I'm a half glass empty kind of guy so by my nature I expect them to go through tonight. Hope I'm wrong though a defeat tonight us to qualify on Thursday would defo be a Carlsberg week

Essential they are denied the huge cash windfall from group stages.they can join Europa league with us and Hibs, what a boost to the coefficient that woul be.

It would be just like them to somehow pull it out the bag, though if they do miss out on the CL I honestly think that will affect them for the whole season.

Please. Please! PLEASE! Do it AEK, we all want to witness a Greek tragedy :)

Really, probably the worst away record in CL history. Coming off a defeat and failing to beat AEK minus a player at the piggery .
I know that mate but,they have a tendency to get lucky in these qualifiers ,I hope your right my friend oh how I hope your right!☺

I shall only pop in at the end to check the result but this is massive for us tonight. Them being starved of CL riches while they're stabbing each other in the back could be massive, alternatively they have a very reasonable final qualifying round draw if they get through.

The Seville calculator will be binned tonight for the Seville thermometer, it was far to hot at 200 degrees, complaint to Uefa nothing surer.

If they go out it is a huge blow to them financially.

Their wage bill is astronomical. Only Red Bull Salzburg has a higher one in these qualifiers.

Simply refuse to get my hopes up.

The Tim’s are capable of scoring one and that’s all they need.

Said Mr Dave King a few months ago, oh how they laughed the media up here. He did say one title from Rangers would do it I think and no offence Mr King that tonight could be the start. If anybody could post that article I think it was from the Herald it is a great read.
#cmon AEK
#letsgo

I thought he meant the problem with the stand being ready to collapse.

What does wait and see mean. Hoping to come back on with I told you. Based on their away record and Beaton not in charge, how can you not fancy AEK ?
I fancy AEK and desperate for AEK but they beat Andelecht and Rosenburg in vital European games last year so they cant be written off totalky. But come on the R21

Because of time difference I will be at a training class in work while this match is played. Forced to attend Implicit Bias In The Workplace. Two hours of guff, with role playing, ffs. Mon AEK.
Christ that sounds brutal, two hours of mandatory brow beating and propaganda. I have sat through a few of them, arms folded and poker face, refusing to confront my prejudices head on;)

Simply refuse to get my hopes up.

The Tim’s are capable of scoring one and that’s all they need.

And AEK ain't gonnae score in their ain ground naw ?.

Also AEK should make sure they have 11 on the park and finish the tie.

Everything crossed.
I would rather they were in the EC groups, with a lot less dosh and playing on Thursdays\Sundays whether we are or not. The added advantage of them in the EC is 6 hard games that they will be expected by their followers to compete in and to win as opposed to maybe 2 close-ish games in the CL with an acceptance of a horsing in the other 4 where they just try and keep the opposition in single figures.
Obviously presuming that things don't turn bad so quickly that they lose their EC qualifier too.:rolleyes:

Indeed, I’d have been far more relaxed if Athens had a lead going into tonight that way the tims would have to come out and end up getting picked off on the counter.

The tims are out at 0.0 tonight mate so they must come out at AEK. And expose that defence of theirs :D

Make no mistake about this. Them going out of the Champions League and into the Europa League is a good thing for us, for reasons of revenue and morale. Come on the Greeks.

100%. About 20-24m loss in cash and potentially player sales to recover that. This would be a massive benefit.
Then, as you say, morale impact could be huge too if all of these infighting rumours are true.

It’s a game of football. O.Gs, penalties, red cards, injuries, a deflected early goal against the run of play etc. Anything could send the tie one way or another.

It will be better for us if they go out tonight & I’ll be happy but let’s not get too down if they don’t.

We have the makings of something special at Ibrox with Gerrard, regardless of what that mob do.

Essential they are denied the huge cash windfall from group stages.they can join Europa league with us and Hibs, what a boost to the coefficient that woul be.

On the topic of coefficent, don't let anyone tell you that supporting Celtic tonight would be good for Scottish football.

You get the same number of points for a win regardless if it's Europa league or champions league. Celtic would possibly pick up some points in a Europa group but would get destroy in the CL.

Therefore, not that we needed a reason to support Athens, if anyone tells you that you should be backing Scottish football...we are.

I never understood this "we will never catch Celtic" rubbish that was been painted in the media. Gerrard is a very smart man and he could see what our team needed.
People forget they gave us lots off opportunitys last season with our worst ever Rangers team unable to take advantage of any slip ups. They have got weeker also.
It will be a super tough match tonight for both teams but i hope Athens can smash them.
We need to go to the dump still two points or maybe even more points ahead of them. They will not like our style of play and lets hope we have a full strength team for this match.

I’d take a 0-0 right now.

If they go out the escalation of the dispute with Lieswell and TTS will only get bigger and nastier

They lose out on the CL money as I just can’t see Malmo or Videoton putting them out

AEK fans to make it a hostile environment and unsettle the c.unts.

Seeing TTS getting uncomfortable questions from Lieswells mhedia lapdogs and in danger of dropping the smarmy false smile and retaliating back sounds magic

My only concern is they are jammy bastards and quite capable of going through so not getting hopes up

I know that mate but,they have a tendency to get lucky in these qualifiers ,I hope your right my friend oh how I hope your right!☺

They have already been lucky with the draw. They even had AEK in their FIRST competitive game of the season, AEK went down to 10 men and they still couldn’t beat them. Surely their luck runs out tonight :cool:

Not really, its looking like we could be in the league stages and as a result I would prefer they had thursday night games as well

They would only get 6.5m plus EL group points if they qualify so still more than 20m deterioration from last year. This should mean, if they make the EL, a cash outflow without net selling of players.

Still not convinced by AEK.
Only if they go 2-0 in front will I start to feel a bit comfortable.

NC that was AEK’s first competitive match this season.
Also, their captain was injured. He’s seemingly their midfield influence.
If he’s back I think the scum are out.

Back