"They will fold like a pack of cards"

On the topic of coefficent, don't let anyone tell you that supporting Celtic tonight would be good for Scottish football.

You get the same number of points for a win regardless if it's Europa league or champions league. Celtic would possibly pick up some points in a Europa group but would get destroy in the CL.

Therefore, not that we needed a reason to support Athens, if anyone tells you that you should be backing Scottish football...we are.

%^*& Scottish football. Let them suffer. Don’t have a great issue with Hibs, or others, but not that mob. And I will say that to anyone. They can think of me what they like.

They couldn't beat 10 men at home, so...Merry Christmas...
200.gif

This tie could be a catalyst..
If they win it I expect players brought in and crisp and dry lips to be on a pedestal again.
Lose it they will crumble and wither...
Mon the Greeks for Zeus sake get them pumped

Russian ref Valdislav Bezborodovor for their game, hasn’t done a game in a year and been appointed

Bung, celtic pen and aek red to go through

For what it's worth, I don't think they will go through.

AEK are a good side, and the atmosphere in Athens will be outstanding. They really are mad bastards out there, who get right behind their team, not unlike Turkish crowds.

In addition, it will be about 27 or 28 degrees between 9 p.m. and 10 p.m. local time, and probably hotter inside an enclosed space like a stadium full of tens of thousands of people crammed in. Could easily be 30 degrees or more. I am pishing myself laughing at the prospect of their ordinary midfielders hauling their fat asses around that pitch in 30 degrees of heat. :D

I honestly think this will end up 4-1 to AEK with an aggregate 5-2 for the Greeks.

I think it was 2 players mate, UR on the money they can't travel worth a Fuk, their pish away record is second to none.
No sleep last nite no doubt, Athens fans up all nite on the drums.
They are getting well fuked the nite.
Fire sale starts Wednesday morning!!
I'm holding you to this, its as good as a promise and you can't break a promise.

Succulent lamb and lashings of ice cream and jelly tonight when the mentally challengeds get knocked out.

They are woeful away from home in the CL ffs.
Athens is a kunt of a place to go try and get a result also be going on 100° at KO.
I'm going for 4-0 with them capitulating after a early goal.
Then we all become Malmo supporters!!

Everything crossed.
I would rather they were in the EC groups, with a lot less dosh and playing on Thursdays\Sundays whether we are or not. The added advantage of them in the EC is 6 hard games that they will be expected by their followers to compete in and to win as opposed to maybe 2 close-ish games in the CL with an acceptance of a horsing in the other 4 where they just try and keep the opposition in single figures.
Obviously presuming that things don't turn bad so quickly that they lose their EC qualifier too.:rolleyes:
like your thinking im also thinking if we also qualify for el group stages its an even better level playing scenario this season , IF lets hope so

I'd love a smashing from AEK but I just want AEK to have more goals than them at the end of the game on aggregate or to win on away goals if they have to

even a 95th minute shot off somebody's arse with all the Scottish media calling them "brave" would do

For what it's worth, I don't think they will go through.

AEK are a good side, and the atmosphere in Athens will be outstanding. They really are mad bastards out there, who get right behind their team, not unlike Turkish crowds.

In addition, it will be about 27 or 28 degrees between 9 p.m. and 10 p.m. local time, and probably hotter inside an enclosed space like a stadium full of tens of thousands of people crammed in. Could easily be 30 degrees or more. I am pishing myself laughing at the prospect of their ordinary midfielders hauling their fat asses around that pitch in 30 degrees of heat. :D

I honestly think this will end up 4-1 to AEK with an aggregate 5-2 for the Greeks.

Hope you’re right Ar. I think they will go out too, but not sure it’ll be a tanking.
If the AEK Captain is back ( another thing our mhedia tried to ignore, as well as it being their first competitive game this season ) then I’m saying 2.0 AEK.
I think Broonaldo May walk in this game too esp in these conditions & the tims having to chase the ball a lot.

I'd love a smashing from AEK but I just want AEK to have more goals than them at the end of the game on aggregate or to win on away goals if they have to

even a 95th minute shot off somebody's arse with all the Scottish media calling them "brave" would do

Agree. But if they are humiliated in the game it would be an extra wee bonus & will really get TGFITW even further passed off with Lawwell.

More than TTS I’d love if that prick was fired. He’s more a danger to us than Brenda.

It's not confidence. It's that nagging thought that we are dealing with the dirtiest, jammiest bastards ever to kick a ball. It's difficult to shake.

I get that, but AEK do not lose many games at home, their defence is absolute dogshit the carthorse from Dundee is brutal, his partner is a red card waiting to happen, I hope the atmosphere is as volatile as possible.

Rodgers has faced mainly dross in these ties since he came in.

AEK will dump them.

It’s poor for posters above to suggest folk on here want them to go through so they can say i told you so? Absolute nonsense! Every last member of this forum wants they horrible bastards out tonight and to get as much shite their way as possible but we also know how lucky they are and how things seem to go their way more often than not so it’s an expectation that they will squeeze through. But by f**k we hope they don’t and it’s the start of a meltdown
sensible quote mate exactly what most of us are thinking and hoping for but im keeping a low expectation !

Hope you’re right Ar. I think they will go out too, but not sure it’ll be a tanking.
If the AEK Captain is back ( another thing our mhedia tried to ignore, as well as it being their first competitive game this season ) then I’m saying 2.0 AEK.
I think Broonaldo May walk in this game too esp in these conditions & the tims having to chase the ball a lot.

I agree. He's slow at the best of times. Regularly mistimes tackles and goes in late.

This sauna will be tailor made for him to wilt like cheap Aldi flowers in the heat.

They are the luckiest c*nts going. Might actually bet on them getting a penalty and an AEK player sent off. Wouldn't surprise me one bit!

Last edited:
%^*& Scottish football. Let them suffer. Don’t have a great issue with Hibs, or others, but not that mob. And I will say that to anyone. They can think of me what they like.
Oh don't get ne wrong. I'd love nothing more than to see them drop out both competitions.

I just have had so many people tell me it's "good for the Scottish game" and I felt it was worth correcting in a way they can't argue with.

Oh don't get ne wrong. I'd love nothing more than to see them drop out both competitions.

I just have had so many people tell me it's "good for the Scottish game" and I felt it was worth correcting in a way they can't argue with.

I think dropping out of the EL might be too much of an ask as they play either Latvians or Lithuanians I think I read. But that’s over 20m of a difference from the CL so I’ll happily take that.

They are the luckiest c*nts going. Might actually bet on them getting a penalty and an AEK player sent off. Wouldn't surprise me one bit!

It’s a brave ref that would do AEK in front of their own fans, just can’t see it. Bare facts - they will need to score at least 2 to have a chance as they ain’t keeping a clean sheet. They couldn’t score 1 against 10 Greeks in the second half at the piggery. I just can’t see a scenario where they go through and I am touching wood as we speak.

It’s a brave ref that would do AEK in front of their own fans, just can’t see it. Bare facts - they will need to score at least 2 to have a chance as they ain’t keeping a clean sheet. They couldn’t score 1 against 10 Greeks in the second half at the piggery. I just can’t see a scenario where they go through and I am touching wood as we speak.

AEK never lost a goal in two matches with AC Milan last season. Can’t see how that mhob will get 2 tonight.
Maybe as a wee bonus Dumbhele might come on & do his hamstring right in ? :D

I don’t understand people’s assertions that the atmosphere will be hostile.

Surely AEK will reciprocate the mentally challenged’s friendly welcome and applaud them into the stadium?

Just looked at their EL scores last year -

Brugge - 3.0 & 0.0

Milan 0.0 & 0.0
Austria Vienna 2.2 & 0.0
Rijeka 2.1 & 2.2

Dynamo Kiev 1.1 & 0.0

So they went out on away goals at Round of 32, but never lost a match out of 10 against good teams. Rijeka were 2nd in Croatia as a comparison to Osijek.

Why start a thread to gloat about something that hasn't happened yet?

We are getting too ahead of ourselves here. AEK Athens at home are strong but anything can happen in a game, a pen, sending off's etc that might work in Celtics favor. Lets gloat when they are out and selling their better players for less money to teams outwith the EPL.

Just looked at their EL scores last year -

Brugge - 3.0 & 0.0

Milan 0.0 & 0.0
Austria Vienna 2.2 & 0.0
Rijeka 2.1 & 2.2

Dynamo Kiev 1.1 & 0.0

So they went out on away goals at Round of 32, but never lost a match out of 10 against good teams. Rijeka were 2nd in Croatia as a comparison to Osijek.
Equally important to note they kept 6 clean sheets in those 10 games. And unbeaten at home.

They are woeful away from home in the CL ffs.
Athens is a kunt of a place to go try and get a result also be going on 100° at KO.
I'm going for 4-0 with them capitulating after a early goal.
Then we all become Malmo supporters!!

If they lose they don’t play Malmo. It would be an EL qualifying round Robbie.

Rangers chairman Dave King has warned Celtic that one title win under Steven Gerrard's management will make their domination of Scottish football collapse like "a pack of cards".

The South Africa-based businessman appointed Gerrard as Rangers new boss on a four-year contract, and believes the former Liverpool captain can close the gap on champions Celtic, who have won seven Scottish Premiership titles in a row.

On Monday King announced plans to launch a new share issue"immediately" with a target of raising funds to help Gerrard put together a squad to challenge Brendan Rodgers' side.

When asked how Rangers might close the gap, King told reporters: "We appoint a manager who can win games, with more resources, and we take one league away from Celtic.

"We only need one league. We don't need two or three. We need one. Once we take one away, it's a pack of cards.

"Celtic's costs structure is more like we were 10 years ago. We needed Champions League football and if we went into the Europa League we were in trouble because the cost structure was so high.

skysports-gerrard-steven-gerrard_4300737.jpg

Steven Gerrard was unveiled as new Rangers manager at Ibrox
"Take that away for one season and it will change the numbers in the Celtic side very, very quickly.

"They have the comfort levels we once had of knowing we were going to get Champions League money. We have to take that away from them and hopefully we have started that process on Friday.

"The question is, that with Celtic's resources, does it put you beyond them forever? The answer is clearly no.

"We have seen the cycle. I was with Rangers when we thought Celtic would never catch up - never in a hundred years. Dick Advocaat said they would never, ever catch up. I think it lasted 17 minutes of the next game we played against them (Celtic's 6-2 win in August 2000.)

"They caught up with us 17 minutes into the next game and then went past us because Martin O'Neill came in and figured out a different way to do it.

"You need the right management structure to do it. We have now gone very, very strong in the management squad."

King believes the arrival of Gerrard could force Celtic to respond by spending during the summer transfer window.

He said: "It depends if they decide to invest or how well they invest.

"One would expect a reaction from Celtic to the appointment of Steven - we will have to wait and see what it is.

"With all Celtic's resources they are not a million points away from Aberdeen or Hibs. They have resources that are far less than what we have at the moment.

"We are bringing in a manager we think can tip the balance in our favour. Celtic might be over-resourced but you can still only play 11 players. They have a big squad earning a lot of wages but these wages are not all getting on the pitch. There are opportunities there."

Agree. But if they are humiliated in the game it would be an extra wee bonus & will really get TGFITW even further passed off with Lawwell.

More than TTS I’d love if that prick was fired. He’s more a danger to us than Brenda.
Another funny thing is that if they get papped out, they can't fire TTS. He has 3 years of £2.5 million a year due to him, so losing the CL money makes his sacking un-affordable :D

Some amount of wimps on here projecting their insecurity on everyone else.

There's no reason why they will go through. Yes, they can literally do it, but the other team have all the advantages. Finding different ways to say "I can see them going through" is meaningless.

If they go through, fair enough - but don't cower over the disadvantaged team before a ball is even kicked.

Another funny thing is that if they get papped out, they can't fire TTS. He has 3 years of £2.5 million a year due to him, so losing the CL money makes his sacking un-affordable :D

Brilliant NL. Didn’t know that. I want that arrogant twat here when we get 55.
He’s earned it. He deserves it. :D

But Lawwell going would be much better for us & the 19th Century Terrorist hordes will want him out because of his tightness with the purse strings.

Yes, this is a potentially massive night either way.

LETS GO AEK :D

Indeed, I’d have been far more relaxed if Athens had a lead going into tonight that way the tims would have to come out and end up getting picked off on the counter.
They need to score to go through, 0-0 is no good to them.

They need to score to go through, 0-0 is no good to them.
I know that, I’ve probably worded it wrong. I’d rather AEK had a lead with the tims having to score twice, they are the spawniest cunts I’ve ever seen when it comes to these games that you wouldn’t put it past them fluking a 1-0.

I know that Athens should have far too much for them and hopefully at half 9 tonight major timplosion is under way.

Back