Match Thread FC Ufa 1 (1) v Rangers 1 (2) - 15:00 Thursday - Rangers TV UK & Abroad

Stupid from Morelos but how often do you see the ref flashing 2 yellows then a red like that, give us a break a yellow for the whole scenario would have sufficed

I don’t rate the guy at all. Huff and puffs and thinks he is something special. Would be happy never to see him in a Rangers jersey again.

You don’t rate him ? Thank %^*& you’re no manager then.

He’s been a fanny but to say you don’t rate him I just don’t know what you watch.

If we fail to go through here, the blame will lie entirely at his door.

Granted, it wasn't a foul in the first place but you sure as hell don't boot the ball 100 yards away and then continue to protest for about a minute afterwards. You might get away with only a booking 9/10 but he's given the referee, who has been questionable, the chance to throw the book at him. Nativity in the extreme

I wonder if he will ever learn.

He’s getting booked for kicking the ball away then continues to moan away.
I don’t think I’ll be blaming the ref this time.

Seriously mate?

I understand it is dissent but it’s after a foul it happens in every top league over the world.

Never should be a second yellow.

Also look at the consistent fouling last week and no yellow cards at all really?

We are going out unless we somehow keep it at 1-1.

He never got sent off for the foul, he got sent off for being a dissent.

Tav played them both onside. face reality.
On my tv the lad looked about 2-3 yards offside. If tavs out of shot then fair enough but I’m not convinced.

I know what he got sent off for. It’s still never given as a red ever by any ref. I’ve seen Lennon and just about every other hot headed player get booked for dissent then unload both barrels and the ref lets them away with it. I’ve NEVER seen a red in those circumstances in 30 years watching football.

I would take Kent off and bring on big Kyle, we need an outlet up front. Daft from Alfredo but it’s done now, we can sort that our later, it’s going from easy street after our goal to a battle now. Need some massive performances now and hopefully they get frustrated and get a red as well

This mate, it's done. The criticisms can be done later. Hey the team on full cheat mode. Every wee touch, down holding the face, every fall on the turf, tumble rolls and cramp with physio needed. Kill this game and fight fire with fire with these cheating c*nt refs

Away goal will get us through. We're not conceding two.
You watching the same last few minutes as me ? They missed a sitter just at halftime whistle,we're defending far to deep now and inviting them on to us,the Russians are having pot shots at our goal and not being closed down and we look a shambles at the moment.

This will be a very hard 45 mins coming up and defending far to deep will mean our chances of going up the pitch will be few and far between,most of the chances are going to come from the Russians and if we just sit to deep and defend they will score again.

Second half is going to be a long slog now.

We need an out ball so Lafferty is a must.

Arfield left to protect Flanagan, take Kent off.

Pompous officiating. But petulant and selfish beyond belief by Morelos. Gerrard should kick his backside all the way back to Glasgow. You can now see us going out and coming back with our tongues hanging out ahead of the Old Firm game.

Think we can all agree Morelos is infuriating at times, does himself no favours with the refs, and needs to grow up. Whether or not the red today was harsh, it's hard to argue against that.

But some of the absolute pish being spouted here is genuinely embarrassing.

We definitely need laffert on but if we take kent off then the left is even more exposed then if we take candeias off then tav is not good enough defensively on his own

Alfie should get his arse booted for that. Tavernier IMO to blame for the goal by playing them onside. Does he not see or hear what's round about him ffs

if tav has indeed played him onside - then i'd blame that side of defence for letting him through
was just past the half way line and it wasn't like he was 10 yards offside
ball over the top and the three on that side were ball watching

At the very best the rest of the team are going to be fu.cked for sunday. The worst we get papped out and they're fu.cked for sunday.

That was one of the most bent decisions I've seen in all my life. Morelos needs to stop giving refs the option though. It's costing us

Going to be a very difficult last 45 due to Morelos petulance. On easy street and he then acts like a f()cking child. He needs to grow up. Down to 10 men just before we play the mentally challenged filth, great.

Im sorry thats not a red
Mate, I know it’s a boot in the baws but look back at it.
He kicked the ball away, dingied the ref, then doesn’t shut his hole about it and looks like the ref pumped his bird.
Doesn’t matter how you look at it he should just learn to shut his fucking hole.

He was booked for kicking the ball away and then for gobbing off at the ref. 100% self inflicted wound in a game we should have been cruising. An early goal and we are in real bother. 10 men forced to sit deep and we are in real bother. We are in the box seat but this tie could get away from us if we do not play smart. Morelos was not smart.
He wasn't booked though for kicking the ball away the ref hadn't issued it yet he had it in his hand ready to book him and when Morelos made that one gesture he got another yellow, you cannot say its not harsh to be booked for that one gesture it happens every game all the time.

Backs to the wall for the next 45 minutes now. Not what we wanted.
Yes a stupid red, but at least we've still got an advantage

2 points away from the red card.

Stream Isnt the best - did tav play them onside for the goal?

Is arfield ever going to do anything decent in a rangers Jersey? He's been absolutely awful today

I’d fine Morelos heavily for that. Petulant, childish and unnecessary.

And since 10 minutes before that we have looked exactly as we did in the second half at Motherwell.

Just giving the ball away too easily with long punts .

This will be a long 45 minutes and we have ourselves to blame

Alfie has a lot to answer for.
We are going to find out if Steven Gerrard has got the nous needed to sort this out.

2nd half we have to learn to play it out from the back. Ufa need to score 2 more goals or they are out. We can hold on.

I agree Morelos was stupid and I agree he needs a rocket.

But there is no way he deserved to be sent off for that incident.

He kicked the ball away, yellow card.
But the second yellow was for dissent that happens every 5 minutes every week.
The problem is nobody here knows what Morelos has said to the referee.

He's had ample opportunity to shut his mouth and get on with it.

I've absolutely no sympathy for him over this red card. For his sake we better see this out.

What a liability. How many times do we need to talk about it, how many times does he need told and how many times do posters try to sweep it under the carpet. It’s nothing to do with passion - he’s a petulant wee boy in a man’s body.

The manager backing him and being repaid with that shite is utterly depressing.

He’s replaced leaving games in the balance with his sitters to now his embarrassing levels of discipline.

Morelos gave the ref an excuse. If we end up not qualifying, then his new deal should be ripped up and fined 2 wks wages.
That attitude has no place at this level.

Just showed it again on RTV, blatant offside at their goal. Not in question.
Looks like cheating as the official was right there.

Back