Match Thread FC Ufa 1 (1) v Rangers 1 (2) - 15:00 Thursday - Rangers TV UK & Abroad

We always seem to find a way to make things as difficult as possible.
Think we need to score again.
Even if they score another late on we will have some job holding on in a frantic finish.

Can people get a grasp of what happened with the Morelos incident please?

Morelos shows good strength and wins the ball fairly, however the referee and assistant disagree and give a foul.

Morelos on hearing the whistle for the foul then boots the ball away upfield, thats an instant yellow and everyone who plays or watches the game knows that. Its petulant and the rules are clear. YELLOW.

The ref goes over to the incident to book Morelos, Morelos walks away... the ref calls him over... Morelos ignores and continues to walk away... the ref keeps calling him over.. Morelos then points at the ground next to him as if "naw you come here and book me"... again stupid, petulant and disrespectful to the ref. Second yellow is harsh.. he could have booked him and warned him to calm the %^*& down..

but on the face of it.. this is ALL of Morelos' doing.

Yellow for kicking the ball away
Yellow for dissent.

Red.

If he costs us a European place we should be issuing a fine and warning him on his conduct when representing this club. Any backlash to that and he should be sold.

I have no time for this.

His manager and team mates will surely be the same. Win, lose or draw today the last thing we needed before Sunday was playing with 10 men for the best part of an hour.

I know mate, but there’s a time lapse between the first yellow card offence and then what does when he walks away.
The simple fact is he just shouldn’t fuckin do it.
There’s more at stake for the club today than him and he needs to learn it’s about the team not just him.
Youre spot on it was very stupid

Can people get a grasp of what happened with the Morelos incident please?

Morelos shows good strength and wins the ball fairly, however the referee and assistant disagree and give a foul.

Morelos on hearing the whistle for the foul then boots the ball away upfield, thats an instant yellow and everyone who plays or watches the game knows that. Its petulant and the rules are clear. YELLOW.

The ref goes over to the incident to book Morelos, Morelos walks away... the ref calls him over... Morelos ignores and continues to walk away... the ref keeps calling him over.. Morelos then points at the ground next to him as if "naw you come here and book me"... again stupid, petulant and disrespectful to the ref. Second yellow is harsh.. he could have booked him and warned him to calm the %^*& down..

but on the face of it.. this is ALL of Morelos' doing.

Yellow for kicking the ball away
Yellow for dissent.

Red.

If he costs us a European place we should be issuing a fine and warning him on his conduct when representing this club. Any backlash to that and he should be sold.

I have no time for this.

Agree harsh but well within the rules and he gave the ref an easy decision to make. He really needs to remove this petulant side from his game and grow up a bit.

Show aggression, show fight and passion but channel it correctly and not get silly sending offs.

I hope you are right.

It’s not often you see a ref flash two card shows at once but we don’t know what was said. He used willow to for kicking the ball away was a stick on and he disn’t exactly take his medicine. He deliberately ignored the ref and then has clearly said something.

Hope we see it out.

I've offered no excuses for Alfie mate.

I am concerned with the repugnant names levelled at him in this thread.

It's as disgraceful as it is embarrassing.

Is that right, aye?
So if I don't like a foul and punch the ground twice. I get two yellows.
I'm sure you'll show me 2 examples of this happening in say 50 years?
And we can move on?
I see a lot of mentally challengeds claiming that's a red.
That's enough for me.

It's two separate yellow card offences. It doesn't matter if it was right away or 30 mins apart. He refused the call of the referee to receive his first booking. It's clear dissent.

Let’s just not concede any more. That’s the minimum.

Obviously we’d all love another goal but let’s just focus on nullifying them.

He's let the team down.

It's utterly amazing that at a time when we are in the game, looking good to go through he acts that way.... In Europe.
You just cannot do that without punishment.

You don't give the ref the opportunity to get the card out.

You shut your mouth and get on with it.

But he couldn't do that... He didn't expect another card because he's got away with mouthing off for ages. But there you fecking go.

45mins still to go.... We can do this.

I won't be surprised to see either a goal from us incorrectly ruled off, a soft penalty given against us or another of ours sent off.

It's been written all over the last 135 mins of football.

Game is in the balance now due to that idiot. Why can’t he get it in his thick skull that referees and players mark him out for special attention as they know he is a liability.
Nobody done that this time.
It was hardly a foul.
Frustrated?
Yes.
Kick the ball away?
Forgivable.
Continuing with the dissent.
Madness.

Anyone want to show me a screenshot of Tav playing the two players onside, from what I've seen if anything hes further up than Flannagan and Katic.

I honestly think this thread is hoaching of mentally challengeds, absolutely desperate to put the boot into any of players despite absolute shocking decisions.

Morelos gave the ref an excuse. If we end up not qualifying, then his new deal should be ripped up and fined 2 wks wages.
That attitude has no place at this level.
tumblr_m3mk6maTHC1roaheko1_r2_500.gif

People can blame the ref all they want but Morelos continually gives the referees a decision to make. We’re away to Russia in one of our biggest games in recent history and he starts acting the c*nt yet again! Absolute needless behaviour

Some amount of utter pish being spouted about Morelos on here.

He doesn't need punted. He doesn't need droped for Sunday. We shouldn't sell him to the first bidder.

He needs a rocket up his arse for that today, and to have it explained to him in unambiguous terms that petulance will ruin his career, and he then needs helped to develop coping mechanisms to get that under control. Do that, and we have a brilliant and valuable player on our hands.

He's still a young hot headed lad. Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water

Where FFS did 2 minutes stoppage time come in that first half ? No injuries, no substitutions - only the sending off. Look out for 6 mins + in second half if UFA need it.

I think the ref is shite and I can forgive Morelos for missing chances but nobody can possibly defend his stupid carry on there that is what an amateur or an under 10 player would do

Just by something earlier in the thread.

Kicking the ball away is classed as dissent. And is a caution.

Dissent to a linesman is also a caution (or straight red depending on the severity).

How can you give someone a 2nd caution - when you haven't gave him the first one?

There are times when a red is given - then a player(or manager) reacts to it and receive's a 2nd red card. But never like Morelos was given 2 bookings.

If it was the other way about, I don't think any of us would be screaming for a red. Would have accepted a yellow - and moved on with a "He better watch what he's doing".

Why has it never happened before?
I mean as an open question, how could you ever be so sure?
That was a huge decision and is evidence of either petty officialdom, or else something more sinister.
But that is my opinion, and I am not in the lest bit embarrassed.
It wasn't a huge decision, it was a very easy decision.
Player kicks the ball away - yellow card
Player then screams at the ref having a hissy fit - 2nd yellow card

This is the time we could do with an extra centre back to bring on to stiffen up the defence, shame we don't have one!

Away you go. The referee gives the correct (and very obvious) decision and Morelos is still on the park.

You also never see referee’s do that. He’s a lady's front bottom and Morelos should still be on the park.
Sounds like your a lady's front bottom to :p

Absolutely no need for Morelos to act the way he did whether you think it was a sending off or not.
Need to keep hold of the ball better in the 2nd half & slow the game down. 2-3 players are sprinting to close 1-2 men down & they are picking out the spare man every time. If they were a better team then we'd already be heading out, but they are average & we can still knick a goal but it will be a long 2nd half. & based on the end of the 1st they will score again...

They still need 2 goals though so i'd rather be in our position.

Back