Our odds for Thursday

How are the opponents doing?

Guessing they won't have the same quality as when we last played them thankfully.

I will be going for a 1-0 win on Thursday a great backs to the wall defensive performance and nick a goal on the counter attack

This will be the best opposition we have played since about 2011, I think we will lose this one due to their quality.

How are the opponents doing?

Guessing they won't have the same quality as when we last played them thankfully.

They have 1 point from 3 games and sitting second bottom in the league. I think they have a couple of midfielders out injured as well so now is probably the best time to play them.

At 11/1 it must be worth a couple of quid.

This will be the best opposition we have played since about 2011, I think we will lose this one due to their quality.
Probably will. But we will be 100% committed and will give a good account of ourselves.

As delighted as I am at the progress we have made , it amazes me how overboard some seem to go and how expectations go through the roof for some fans .

So far we have drawn games with - Schupi F.C. , Motherwell, Osijek , Aberdeen , Maribor , FC Ufa and lost to the yahoo .

But we will just roll up in Spain against a good la liga outfit and win ??

There’s a reason why we are 11/1.

Another draw would be a magnificent result . Let’s not get stupid .

Any points for us will be a real bonus. I’m just delighted we are in the competition. Savour it bears, this is a fantastic milestone in our journey to full recovery. It’s been a horrible 6 years.

As delighted as I am at the progress we have made , it amazes me how overboard some seem to go and how expectations go through the roof for some fans .

So far we have drawn games with - Schupi F.C. , Motherwell, Osijek , Aberdeen , Maribor , FC Ufa and lost to the yahoo .

Settle down. I don't see anyone saying they expect us to win.

Providing people don’t act silly should we lose then no harm getting a wee bit excited though no?

Unbelievable we’re discussing the chances of winning a group game in Villarreal after Progres last year :)

Is that your pre-match motivational talk?

Ooft ffs we will right up against it then

Who are there best players mate?

They've got Carlos Bacca upfront (ex Sevilla/Ac Milan striiker).
Santi Cazorla.
They've got a Mexican left winger Miguel Layun who's a good player.

They're big money signings in their summer were an African striker they signed from Angers for 18mil. A striker they signed from Espanyol for 20mil and a centre half they signed from Everton for 20mil.

Their squad is a mixture of Spanish and Latin American's.

Providing people don’t act silly should we lose

That's the problem right there.

I remember people losing their shit when we lost a friendly to RB Leipzig a couple of January's ago. This is when we still had guys like Danny Wilson and Jason Holt getting a game everyweek and we were playing the team that was 2nd in the Bundesliga.

This is a very tough game for us.

A point would be great result but just can’t see us winning. Hope I’m wrong and we do win but being realistic.

For what its worth I dont EXPECT us to win.

However, didnt think our odds would be that big though, yeah they’re a good team but not exactly on barca or madrids level, they have an off night and we have a bit of luck, we are more than capable of pulling off a result.

Stranger things have happened

Yea someone else pointed that out pal. Good news for us..

A draw would be a miracle . Without Jack I’m a bit concerned for this one . It’s a step too far but we will learn from it . Main thing was getting there .

Nutshell mate.

They have a hell of a lot of injuries in midfield I remember reading, so we couldn’t have a better time to play them. If we take what little chances we have, who knows? Still a big ask and I’ll not be touching it!

Thats outrageous i was thinking 5s, 11/2 maybe, i suppose Rangers and the draw may be a better option.

Probably cos we aint been playing in europe for a while but i think you can ignore that with SG as boss.

Lets just enjoy it!!

After last season and indeed the last 5 years we probably thought this week wouldn’t come around again!

We are back mixing it in Europe!!

Lets go!!

Lets just enjoy it!!

After last season and indeed the last 5 years we probably thought this week wouldn’t come around again!

We are back mixing it in Europe!!

Lets go!!

Yip, every game is a free hit so hopefully we give the bookies a few sore yins!

Hopefully their focus will be on the league following their poor start as that might give us an outside chance.

Hadn’t Valencia had a bad start when we played them and they are one of the best sides we’ve ever played!

If they lose today they will be bottom of league going into our game, valencia their next game on sunday afternoon

Not sure how serious the EL is to a team like villarreal, i’d suspect their attention will be on league

Back