Lewis Macleod

Not for me. The boy looked good at at scottish league 1 and championship level. Has basically sat injured for 3 years (through no fault of his own clearly) and managed a couple of dozen games for Brentford. I'd have two main concerns; a) Will he break down again, we've been burnt by too many injury prone players I the recent past.
b) Who would he displace from our team to get a game?

Thanks for the 800k Lewis, hope he manages to have a successful career, just don't think it will be with us.

On a freebie he would be well worth bringing back.

TBH I still feel we lost out on Barrie McKay - I wonder how he would have fared under Gerrard's leadership.

Not for me. The boy looked good at at scottish league 1 and championship level. Has basically sat injured for 3 years (through no fault of his own clearly) and managed a couple of dozen games for Brentford. I'd have two main concerns; a) Will he break down again, we've been burnt by too many injury prone players I the recent past.
b) Who would he displace from our team to get a game?

Thanks for the 800k Lewis, hope he manages to have a successful career, just don't think it will be with us.

You haven’t seen him play lately then mate , he is a player at equal or higher level than we play just now .

Difficult to say how good he is given he was up against part time players in his brief period with us and all the injuries he's had in the meantime. Would prefer to push the boat out for John Fleck.

Last edited:
You haven’t seen him play lately then mate , he is a player at equal or higher level than we play just now .

True, I haven't. As I said in my last post, I think my two main concerns are valid but if he's available at the right price salary wise then he'd be a good quality squad player at the least.

He's playing, and playing fairly well from the bits i've seen and has captained the side a few weekends ago. Now that he seems to be staying fit would be a good addition and be that creative player we've missed. However I see him staying down South there will be a couple of clubs sniffing around him now his contract is ending.

He looked good in the 3rd and possibly the 2nd division. For example, Nicky Clarke looked like the new Ally McCoist before we signed him look how that worked out. On top of that he was injured by a twig at Brentford so it's a big no from me.

On a free definitely. He's a cracking player who has been hampered with injuries - providing he keeps playing as he has been this season it's a no brainer for me.

How you know he is a cracking player, you been watching him since he left us?

I take it this is a wind up?

Have you even seen him play? He has been very very good.
Nope not a wind up. There’s a difference from playing well for a club like Brentford and a club the size of ours. This been proven in the past with signings from the championship.

Can’t jusge the boy really when he was with us as he was playing against part time clubs.

Too injury prone aswell so another reason I’d avoid him

1000000% should be signed on a free and loaned out forna season and if he gets through it unscathed, we've got our boy back.

Serious potential this lad.

At least we would have one player that can cope with the Livingston pitch

Then there is this one

Give him an extensive medical then get him signed :)

Was just looking at a few clips of him there. He looks massive now! I don’t ever remember him being that tall.

I’ve honestly seen nothing of him since he left, so couldn’t offer a yay or nay on taking him back.

Far too many injuries for my liking. If his last manager rates him I’d expect a pre contract with Villa.

Only if he brings his wee sister with him.

(21 now, 17 in this picture) :oops:

JS50419648.jpg

On a freebie he would be well worth bringing back.

TBH I still feel we lost out on Barrie McKay - I wonder how he would have fared under Gerrard's leadership.

I suspect Gerrard would have been embarrassed by his attitude and desire.

The boy was a mouse.

No, his history with injuries would see it as way too big a risk for me.
Tbh the lad has a bit of a cheek not accepting at least a years extension on something similar to what he's probs earning atm considering he's been constantly injured up until this season for them.
He's only played about 30 odd games in almost 4 years!!

Nope not a wind up. There’s a difference from playing well for a club like Brentford and a club the size of ours. This been proven in the past with signings from the championship.

Can’t jusge the boy really when he was with us as he was playing against part time clubs.

Too injury prone aswell so another reason I’d avoid him

Can't judge the boy, but you have,
Thank f*** you are not in charge of our scouting if you cannot see the quality Lewis McLeod possesses.

6 months left on his contract at Brentford and hes refusing to sign a new deal. Would you take him back?

Don’t know enough about his current situation to have a solid opinion on him. Hopefully Brentford want him to re up because they see him in their future and not just as a sellable asset.
Feel a bit sorry for him as he was our best player for a while and we punted him for next to nowt. Good kid I think

Who was the young winger we had that was starting to show a bit of promise back then and what happened to him ? Totally forgot his name !

On a free? Probably. He looked a great prospect when here - someone who would get goals from midfield, two footed, good touch, good in the air. Scored some cracking goals for us £ Scotland U-21’s.

Fitness is clearly an issue but if he can satisfy the club on that I would take a chance on him, bearing in mind Ajaria will probably leave and.. we still need to balance the books.

No, his history with injuries would see it as way too big a risk for me.
Tbh the lad has a bit of a cheek not accepting at least a years extension on something similar to what he's probs earning atm considering he's been constantly injured up until this season for them.
He's only played about 30 odd games in almost 4 years!!

He did sign an extension

I was gutted when he left or was sold by the spivs great prospect and the one chink of light coming through at the time oh those dark days ! I would love to see him pull on the jersey again cracking player playing in a really good Brentford side

Fair enough Mosschops, I was speaking to a few Brentford season ticket holders who said that Macleod and Judge were probably leaving in January. They tell me Moses Odubajo and Josh Da Silva are returning to the team in midfield and that they are looking to bring in a forward

I was gutted when he left but we have too many central midfielders on the books at the moment, hence two have left on loan. Add to this the Davis links.

I agree with your point BB. But I think we need to be really tough on ourselves this Summer & ask who of our midfielders are capable of beating that gang in the east end ?
The last match we fell short in midfield & I think we need to strengthen, and release our weakest players.
Like you I loved Lewis first time round & if he is genuinely fit then I think he could be a really athletic & energetic addition.

He’d be a very good signing and would offer us a bit of creativity in the midfield. Also chips in with goals which is something we’re lacking from the midfield at the moment.

He is a gem of a player... Definitely not denying that.
So is wee Jord Rossiter. See when we go looking for a solid CM on a cold Wedensday night in December, away to livi, on THAT pitch, but they're all injured.....
The boy has had one bad injury spell, but he played a lot of games for us in worse conditions than that. proper hammer throwers on really poor pitches

Is the above in a "he never was" good enough way or have you seen a bit of him recently?
Not saying he can’t pkay but the level we require now I don’t think he’s good enough,

And I’m going to call out guys who say they watch him regular as bull sh^t as Brentford are never on tele

Back