Lewis Macleod

I must admit VB, I read 4m euro on here, so that’s consistent with Commentator. It did seem a bit pricey, but at the moment I’d still consider it if we could afford it. 2m would be a no brainer for me.

I think the issues are separate anyway as I think Lewis is more box to box on the left than deep lying or right central.

We need to improve midfield & im happy looking at a 24yo Lewis for free or a Ivanusec for 2m.

A couple of our group could be released as we need to set our benchmark as beating the tims & midfield needs progress on this basis imo.

You and @Commentator are both correct that someone posted 4m Euros was the fee we'd need to pay for Coulibaly. Can't remember who posted it but on the back of a 2m Euro transfer to Angers that 'failed' it is a wholly unrealistic figure in my eyes. He's started well but been hampered by injury. Right now he has a way to go before I think he'd be worth the lower figure, never mind 4m Euros.:eek:

In terms of Lewis MacLeod I'm not really going to get into a debate on it. We are awful fond on here of remembering how players 'used to be' - the list is endless - very few come back and rekindle those memories. His injury record alone puts me off. If he plays virtually every game this season - and plays well - I could easily be swayed. January seems a reasonable time to review - if the Management team are at all interested.

You and @Commentator are both correct that someone posted 4m Euros was the fee we'd need to pay for Coulibaly. Can't remember who posted it but on the back of a 2m Euro transfer to Angers that 'failed' it is a wholly unrealistic figure in my eyes. He's started well but been hampered by injury. Right now he has a way to go before I think he'd be worth the lower figure, never mind 4m Euros.:eek:

In terms of Lewis MacLeod I'm not really going to get into a debate on it. We are awful fond on here of remembering how players 'used to be' - the list is endless - very few come back and rekindle those memories. His injury record alone puts me off. If he plays virtually every game this season - and plays well - I could easily be swayed. January seems a reasonable time to review - if the Management team are at all interested.

Fair comment mate.

We really need a Coulibaly type if not Coulibaly himself. I really like the player, and think he’s been fit all the time apart from the injury from the ‘tackle’ by McGinn ? So I think you may be a bit harsh, or maybe I’m forgetting something.

I’d go further. I think we need further athleticism across midfield. Thinking about Livi & Motherwell 2H ? If Coulibaly ( or replacement ) isn’t there are we physically armed ? I personally don’t think so.

Fair comment mate.

We really need a Coulibaly type if not Coulibaly himself. I really like the player, and think he’s been fit all the time apart from the injury from the ‘tackle’ by McGinn ? So I think you may be a bit harsh, or maybe I’m forgetting something.

I’d go further. I think we need further athleticism across midfield. Thinking about Livi & Motherwell 2H ? If Coulibaly ( or replacement ) isn’t there are we physically armed ? I personally don’t think so.

We need the Coulibaly from the games against Osijek, Maribor, Aberdeen and St Mirren. He's been far less effective, understandably perhaps, since his injury. Gets back to that early form and he's formidable.

We need the Coulibaly from the games against Osijek, Maribor, Aberdeen and St Mirren. He's been far less effective, understandably perhaps, since his injury. Gets back to that early form and he's formidable.

I thought he started to improve again after a disappointing few weeks in the Rapid match mate, I must say. No question he had 3 or 4 disappointing games prior to that.

He would start for us week in week out .

The lad is a player . Hes matured and been playing in a decent league .

Both him and Davis ( if rumours are to be listened to) would dramatically improve our midfield .

The poor lad had a career at Ibrox, beckoning just around the corner and was sold, so the greedy bastards could pocket the money.

No other reason...

Would I have him back, personally speaking, no.

Seen him a couple of times playing for Brentford & he looked the part.

Better than what we have so I'd take him.

I would've thought he's on decent money though.

Ejario? Is that you Ally?

I could see a scenario where we get Steven Davis on loan in January until the end of the season, and also signing Lewis on a pre-contract in Jan and he joins us for next season replacing Davis.

Some points to consider:
* Lewis has played in the majority of matches for Brentford this season, so hopefully is over his injury problems.
* The Brentford fans rate him, so he must have been playing reasonably well.
* The English Championship is at a similar or higher level of football when compared to the Scottish premier.
* He has thrived as a young man playing in front of 50 000 supporters, so would have no difficulty in pulling on the blue jersey.
* We lose Ejario at the end of the season.
* There is no transfer fee.

Absolute no brainer for me. Mon home son.

Can't believe there are people saying they don't want him and questioning his talent, ffs we seen the talent he had with our own eyes a few years ago, sure we were in the lower leagues but none of that was his doing and he was only 18 years old, he's since had bad luck with injuries but now doesn't look out of place in a very decent Brentford side who'll be in the mix for a playoff spot in the English Championship. If there's even the slightest chance we can pick him up for nothing in the summer or a small fee in January we should be all over it, let's right one of the numerous wrongs that horrible, cretinous previous board done when the bastards sold one of our only shining lights in what was a dire time for the club.

Word on the street is he'd like to come back. Its down to whether Gerrard/Allen fancy him.

I honestly haven't seen enough of him recently to know whether he'd improve us or not.

I have not seen him kick a ball since he left so no idea how he is playing nowadays.

If the injury hasn't affected him too much then i would take him back in a minute.

Really talented player.

Our midfield will be super stacked if Macleod and Davis were to return but no doubt would still be looking at moving on Halliday, Holt & possibly Docherty as well as losing Ejaria & Coulibaly.

Could be a good bit of foresight from Allen & Gerrard.

Ejaria (loan)
Jack
Coulibaly (loan)
Arfield
Halliday
McCrorie
Dorrans
Rossiter

Holt (out on loan)
Docherty (out on loan)

Our midfield will be super stacked if Macleod and Davis were to return but no doubt would still be looking at moving on Halliday, Holt & possibly Docherty as well as losing Ejaria & Coulibaly.

Could be a good bit of foresight from Allen & Gerrard.

Ejaria (loan)
Jack
Coulibaly (loan)
Arfield
Halliday
McCrorie
Dorrans
Rossiter

Holt (out on loan)
Docherty (out on loan)

I’m also concerned about whether Graham Dorrans has the legs any more. Don’t like saying it but it does concern me.

If we can sign him on a free then it should be done.
I know he is a bit injury prone, but he was a cracking player with us, must have developed since and got better, can learn from Arfield and naturally take over his reigns in the coming years??
Low risk deal so should go for it I think.

Simple solution tell him to wait it out till the summer and take him on trial for pre season see if hes good enough and fit enough

Quite surprised how many on here don't watch Championship football, tend to watch it more than I do the EPL
Simple solution tell him to wait it out till the summer and take him on trial for pre season see if hes good enough and fit enough
haha wit. You think if he continues to play at high level in the Championship he won't have a whole host of lucrative offers on the table? Only chance we have is if he wants to return to Rangers as he still had an emotional attachment to the club

Quite surprised how many on here don't watch Championship football, tend to watch it more than I do the EPL

haha wit. You think if he continues to play at high level in the Championship he won't have a whole host of lucrative offers on the table? Only chance we have is if he wants to return to Rangers as he still had an emotional attachment to the club
If he wants to come he would agree to it if he doesnt then let him go and get lucrative deals and going by reports he wants a return thats where all the speculation has come from

The figure I quoted was from here, VB. I don't have any other sources as I don't buy or read the comics. Less than two would be terrific, though. However, irrespective of Coulibaly's future I'd still like to see us taking a good look at bringing MacLeod back, as I said, I see similarities to Davis.

I think the £3 to £4million was originally suggested by fellow poster who was quoting Heart and Hand podcast.

Back