Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

20rnqs8.jpg

Coopers 3rd.......
t7j0d1.jpg

........and 4th goals in a 6-1 thrashing of Kilmarnock at Rugby park in September 1982.......

Cooper was unplayable that night, utterly brilliant. Don't think it was a televised game, sadly.

2mhy441.jpg

Wee Bud celebrates a goal after his Ibrox return...............
Other players are (L-R) Ally Dawson, Jim Bett and John MacDonald. This would have been the match v Kilmarnock on Nov. 15th 1980. Johnston scored after 16 mins and Sandy Jardine (56) sealed a 2-0 win to remain undefeated for the opening 14 league games of the season (P14 W8 D6 L0) including away and home wins (1-2,3-0) over Celtic.

qs18jd.jpg

DJ runs off to celebrate after scoring against Thistle at Firhill on Jan 2nd 1978 in a 2-1 win which leapfrogged Rangers above Thistle for top spot in the SPL. The bears in the old Firhill shed (including me) are going berserk. There was a crowd of 30,000 at Firhill that day which was the largest for many a year.

I'm sure I have a match programme up in the loft that has this picture on the front.
I took this from the programme for the following Ibrox league match against dolly......that game was on March 4th 1978, my 20th birthday, we got humped 3-0, so me & my mate went to the Bier Keller on Union street & got blootered.

Other players are (L-R) Ally Dawson, Jim Bett and John MacDonald. This would have been the match v Kilmarnock on Nov. 15th 1980. Johnston scored after 16 mins and Sandy Jardine (56) sealed a 2-0 win to remain undefeated for the opening 14 league games of the season (P14 W8 D6 L0) including away and home wins (1-2,3-0) over Celtic.

The first game I remember seeing Bud after he came back was against Thistle at Ibrox, think we won 4-0?

I took this from the programme for the following Ibrox league match against dolly......that game was on March 4th 1978, my 20th birthday, we got humped 3-0, so me & my mate went to the Bier Keller on Union street & got blootered.

Jeez, I remember that 3-0 game.

Aberdeen had signed Stevie Archibald and he ran riot.

Made the run in far more nervy than I expected it to be.

2wogb5f.jpg

Unsung hero Stuart Munro in action in the 1987 League Cup Final, a magnificent servant who cost the Club a paltry 15 thousand pounds in 1984. He went on to play almost 200 games over 7 years before going to Blackburn for 350 thousand. Mark Walters, spoke highly of him in a recent interview and said that playing in front of Munro contributed greatly to his success at Rangers.

Back