A way for the club to thank ST holders

Northampton_Loyalist

I know that beyond ST holders there are thousands who pay what they can afford, get to games they can make and who travel for thousands of miles every season. There are thousands who cannot make games for whatever reason and there are those that live on other continents. This is not an idea that plays down their commitment in any way.

We have record numbers of season ticket holders and they pay a fortune to attend with all of the added extras, buses and hotels. The atmosphere has been much better and we have fewer match tickets to sell weekly, meaning a full house every week without fail. On top of that, the support have been generally unreal since 2012, following in greater numbers than ever before all the way through the leagues.

I think the club should arrange a friendly after the SC final, against a good opponent and to have it free for all ST holders as a thank you. The remaining seats could be sold at a reasonable price to help cover costs.

I know at this time we are still trying to get ourselves up and running financially but the support have more than played their part in that, and continue to do so both at home and away and the financial cost to the club would be tiny compared to the money the fans pump in.

We spend a lot of time (rightly) thanking the board and I just think it would be a decent gesture for the board to thank the support. A wee festival game, for the support, against a decent opponent (Hamburg would be a shout) to let everyone have a right good day at the end of the season.

I think the club have done as much as the fans this season. we've backed the club by purchasing tickets and merchandise, they've put a good management team together and backed it. now it's about building on that.
Not downplaying it, because they have clearly done well, but should you not argue that that it is their actual job rather than them doing us a favour?

They really should do a lot more for the fans tbh. We are 100% taken for granted.

Even wee things like having an open training day in Ibrox, it goes a long way.

I think that the sheer number of fans makes it difficult to do enough to make it meaningful. A free friendly would cost little and thank at least the people who pay up front a large portion of our budget.

They really should do a lot more for the fans tbh. We are 100% taken for granted.

Even wee things like having an open training day in Ibrox, it goes a long way.
How do you make that one out?
I know they're not perfect but for me, our new Board really are getting things right in every area of the way the club is run and fan involvement is a huge part of that.

I’ve had a season ticket for 30 years but broken service due to boycotting the first year in Championship, would I be rewarded?

Yeah of course, I’ll rephrase it to having a season ticket for X amount of years. I know peoples financial circumstances can change aswell. For instance having a ST for 20 out of 25 years should still see you rewarded.

What fan involvement?
Working closely with Club1872 in all sorts of initiatives and trying to set up a fanzone to enhance the matchday experience for starters.
On a more personal level I was involved in a quite serious accident that's left me with severe mobility issues and was contacted by the club, invited in for a chat and they've gone way and above the call of duty to enable me to still attend our matches.
So being taken 100% for granted doesn't wash with me...sorry!

Your paying to go and watch Rangers, you leave after the games done. Your mood will depend on what you saw/result. Your reward is the outcome.
Your rewarded by the fact your part of the Rangers Family and not the other mob.
That’s should be more than enough for any fan.
Thats fine for you, and me to an extent, but its a old fashioned way of thinking whether you like it or not.

Fan engagement is a big part of the modern, progressive club. If you want us to grow and become even bigger, it needs to happen. The bigger clubs march on with innovative ideas to make their fans feel more involved not just treat them like daft customers.

The fan zone is a good start.

So by your thinking I’m a daft old fashioned customer.

You may be right, but I’m a happy, I have paid to watch my team home and away for over 50 years and been rewarded very well during those years, knowing that I have contributed to paying for some of the players who has entertained me and filled my club’s trophy cabinet with many trophies.
I don’t need a pat on the back, I’d rather contribute to more players and more trophies.

The players will be due a well earned rest at seasons end. No real reason to shorten their holidays for a meaningless friendly.

Not downplaying it, because they have clearly done well, but should you not argue that that it is their actual job rather than them doing us a favour?
It is not their actual job though, it is something that the directors have undertaken in their own time, without remuneration and taking up the biggest part of their lives. Not to mention fronting huge amounts of money to get us where we are. So never, ever their job.

But you are correct not to downplay it and they have done very well.

It is not their actual job though, it is something that the directors have undertaken in their own time, without remuneration and taking up the biggest part of their lives. Not to mention fronting huge amounts of money to get us where we are. So never, ever their job.

But you are correct not to downplay it and they have done very well.

People elected onto the board of the club are not there to work on behalf of the club? Interesting theory

Compared with most entertainment (if football is entertainment) then our game is cheap. The cost of three or four concerts and a theatre visit in a year will get you into Ibrox for a season..
What is to the clubs advantage is those that pay per game keep funds coming in during the season. Giving a club a load of cash at one go can lead to some poor signings (Pedro eg)
ST holders are of course essential but no more so than those who pay for a game when they can.

As for taking fans for granted that is just not true. King and Co put their cash in to save the club for the fans otherwise by now we may not have a club to support.

Could be playing 50 odd games this season,,a trophy or two at the end of it will do me.

Warm up for champions league with Pre season tournament with any of the following ,,Linfield,Chelsea,Liverpool/Hamburg, AC Milan.
Full houses garaunteed I'd say

I know that beyond ST holders there are thousands who pay what they can afford, get to games they can make and who travel for thousands of miles every season. There are thousands who cannot make games for whatever reason and there are those that live on other continents. This is not an idea that plays down their commitment in any way.

We have record numbers of season ticket holders and they pay a fortune to attend with all of the added extras, buses and hotels. The atmosphere has been much better and we have fewer match tickets to sell weekly, meaning a full house every week without fail. On top of that, the support have been generally unreal since 2012, following in greater numbers than ever before all the way through the leagues.

I think the club should arrange a friendly after the SC final, against a good opponent and to have it free for all ST holders as a thank you. The remaining seats could be sold at a reasonable price to help cover costs.

I know at this time we are still trying to get ourselves up and running financially but the support have more than played their part in that, and continue to do so both at home and away and the financial cost to the club would be tiny compared to the money the fans pump in.

We spend a lot of time (rightly) thanking the board and I just think it would be a decent gesture for the board to thank the support. A wee festival game, for the support, against a decent opponent (Hamburg would be a shout) to let everyone have a right good day at the end of the season.

Whilst it sounds a good idea a decent team for a friendly would cost big bucks to bring up, combine this with the costs of staffing and stewarding would lead to a very considerable financial outlay for the club. At this moment in time I’m pretty sure most would agree that it would be better to spend the money on the team.

Just to be clear, I am not an ST holder....
Sorry but no to your idea. I'm a season ticket holder who gives his ticket to a relative for most games as i can only get home 7/8 times a season.

However there are many fans who pay out a lot of money to travel to games, mainly home games but some away, i'm speaking about fans from Northern Ireland, England and the northern reaches of Scotland, many of who are not ST holders but their commitment is every bit as great as any ST holder so therefore why should a non- ST holder miss out on such an event.
A Rangers supporter is a Rangers supporter, ST holder or not.

I've mentioned this in a few different threads of late. Biggest thing that they could do off the pitch that would please me as a ST holder is announce concrete plans for the museum the club deserves. It would be something for all of us, not just ST holders. We are unbelievably remiss on this particular issue. I don't expect them to say - we're building this over the next year and spunking £5M on it. But giving us a solid plan for one over the next say 5 years would be a major step forward.

Would it only be for those who ticked the box for all home games inc friendlies or wil, it include the part time ST holders ;)

I've mentioned this in a few different threads of late. Biggest thing that they could do off the pitch that would please me as a ST holder is announce concrete plans for the museum the club deserves. It would be something for all of us, not just ST holders. We are unbelievably remiss on this particular issue. I don't expect them to say - we're building this over the next year and spunking £5M on it. But giving us a solid plan for one over the next say 5 years would be a major step forward.
I agree 100% on this. A museum is a must for every fan to learn about club history, no question on that.

Sorry but no to your idea. I'm a season ticket holder who gives his ticket to a relative for most games as i can only get home 7/8 times a season.

However there are many fans who pay out a lot of money to travel to games, mainly home games but some away, i'm speaking about fans from Northern Ireland, England and the northern reaches of Scotland, many of who are not ST holders but their commitment is every bit as great as any ST holder so therefore why should a non- ST holder miss out on such an event.
A Rangers supporter is a Rangers supporter, ST holder or not.

Because we cannot do something along these lines that everyone can benefit from and the alternative, nobody benefiting, is not a 'better' option.

We absolutely do have a large number of supporters who travel game by game, scrap for tickets and generally have as much or more commitment. However, the people who fork out their season ticket cash before a ball is kicked outnumber them every week by 80% or so.

As said, it is not an idea to do down what other supporters do, at all, merely show gratitude to those that pay up front.

Whilst it sounds a good idea a decent team for a friendly would cost big bucks to bring up, combine this with the costs of staffing and stewarding would lead to a very considerable financial outlay for the club. At this moment in time I’m pretty sure most would agree that it would be better to spend the money on the team.

I do not think Hamburg would cost a fortune at all, particularly if we tied it in with a reverse fixture after the summer. Tickets sold at a tenner to the 4000 other folk would go a good way to paying staff etc and policing would be minimal.

I like your idea.

There is enough games in a season with pre-qualifiers for Europa League , cup games and League matches . History tells us that players run on empty at the end of a long campaign and we have lost out in the past.
Sorry OP its a big no from me.

I think the club have done as much as the fans this season. we've backed the club by purchasing tickets and merchandise, they've put a good management team together and backed it. now it's about building on that.

I agree.

The board and Mark Allen have played a blinder this year, as well, getting Stevie G and the rest of the management team in, plus the players they've brought in, and moved out.

It's been a true collective effort. And I don't think you can forget all those who have bought shares, and the fantastic supporters clubs who follow follow absolutely everywhere home and abroad. And what about Club1872. We're all pulling together in one direction at last. So, I don't think any one group should singled out for special praise.

As another already said, win 55. That'll be thanks enough for everybody. Every single one of us.

Back