Match Thread Aberdeen v Rangers - 16:30 Sunday - BT Sports

Good chance to lay a marker today and let the Sheep know their time is well and truely over.Play with the same energy we had Thursday and we’ll have no problems.

There seems to be a hint of caution amongst the brethren. Maybe I am missing something, 'cause I can't see anything but a win for us. My guess is that the team against Spartak had an eye on today as well, which is why they tended to play a little bit within themselves. They will be desperate to win this game. Mark my words.

Really looking forward to this one. Would be a massive boost for Gerrard and this group to get to a final so early in his tenure particularly when you consider the many positives so far.

Aberdeen are bang average but they'll run their guts out against us and have that extra motivation they usually save for the biggest team in the land.

Wider pitch and keeping 11 men on the park should suit us.

Morelos on his current form will be a huge miss but that leaves an opportunity for someone else.

'Mon the Rangers!

There seems to be a hint of caution amongst the brethren. Maybe I am missing something, 'cause I can't see anything but a win for us. My guess is that the team against Spartak had an eye on today as well, which is why they tended to play a little bit within themselves. They will be desperate to win this game. Mark my words.

Cheatin’ Beaton. You know he won’t send off a sheep player, so we can expect some crunching tackles, especially early in the game. It will affect our players knowing that they can expect no protection from the officials. Beaton knows he can do what he likes, as long as it’s to the disadvantage of Rangers. After the Hibs game, at Ibrox, last season, he should not be handling high profile games, but he’s still considered competent by the people controlling the game in Scotland.
I would love it if we weren’t talking about the officials post match, but I just can’t see it.

Lets get into these sheep shaggers Rangers.

Take it to them from the first whistle and they'll have no chance.

I'd like to see Middleton celebrating his new contract with a starting place. I'd love even more to see Hearts win their game before we ko

Gerrard said last week before Hamilton that we would hopefully see some of his plan for today in the coming two games.

Grezda is clearly going to start today with a rotating front three

Mon the Gers, just do it.

The big games just keep coming, this is one we just have to win, and I'm confident we will.

2-1 will do for me, anything better will be great.

I can't confirm the story that Aberdeen are bringing their sheep, to ensure the grass is the correct height.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Last edited:
Gerrard will know exactly his team selection and just how he'll play it with both Morelas and Lafferty out.

On the other hand, McInnes is left guessing

Feeling quietly confident about today.

I don't feel nervous at all.

We have a great record v them even with a pish team last season.

Aberdeen are tragic and we will win.

Sorry bud, but I’m one of those cautious types.
Even though I am fully confident that if we play to even eighty percent of our game, we’ll be good enough to win.

Predictions:
Hearts 1 Celtic 2
Aberdeen 1 Rangers 4

My lineup would change to a 4-4-2 diamond for this one:

Middleton Kent

Ejaria
Arfield Coulibaly
Jack

Flanagan Worrall Goldson Tavernier

McGregor

I think it'll be tighter than a lot of people are predicting.

I'd be a lot more confident if we had Morelos (or Lafferty) available.

I'm a big fan of Ryan Kent but I'm not convinced playing him through the middle will work.

I still fancy us but I don't think it will be easy. Wouldn't at all be surprised if it ended up going beyond 90 minutes tbh.

Whatever team is put out today, one thing is for sure.

We MUST win the midfield or we will not be able to supply the forward line

I'm buzzing and bricking it at the same time.
I want this win so bad.
We need to be on top top form right from the first whistle to the last.
We must do it in 90minutes after game on Thursday.
Bus leaves 2.30 can't wait

We will win the game 3-1. we will go behind early on and get a quick response before going on to hammer them. Thats what happened in my dream last night anyway

It’ll be tough without Alfredo but the slight positive about that is it removes the sheep tactic of targeting him to try and get him red carded.
Would still rather he was playing but it does remove a clear tactic they use. Having said that they’ll probably try it on with Jack & Candeias.
We need our captain and other players to get right in the ref’s face today whenever there’s a bad challenge or wee niggles after playing the ball. Pressure the ref into clamping down on it.
Like a few other posters it is the officials I fear the most at the moment. Their incompetence has cost us previously.
Conversely if the sheep try the rough house tactics but get a booking for it in the first few minutes (as per proper refereeing) then my worry will be reduced slightly.

Sadiq upfront wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to be honest, just get him to stay on a centre half to create space for the wingers.

It will probably be Kent or Grezda though

Don't shoot the messenger but heard from a decent source it's Sadiq up top. Will see how good a source it transpires to be!

Makes sense. Publicly question his performance and attitude, give him zero minutes in the games leading up to the semi-final and then throw him in from the start and expect a big performance. What could go wrong...

I would guess the sheep need to score first to have a chance so here's hoping we have a flying start and put them to the sword early. By HT they'll be on their way back up the motorway.

What about our very own utility man up top, Andy Halliday. Came through at Livingston as winger come striker. Always adapts well and gives his all. I really think he could do a job.

Back