Spiers is writing a column today about Torbett

Just read it, all fairly predictable. Has a tame go at Celtic, brings Rangers into it by saying some of our fans are taking pleasure in the whole episode (on Twitter) and then follows up with some pathetic piece on poppy wearing and the irony of the wearing/not wearing argument. He’s a pretty irrelevant man tbh.

Really he mentions the Poppy!
What the actual f***.

We are dealing with a Weasel in Spiers, he's clever enough to see a change in the way people are turning against celtic with this terrible and shocking scandal. If he does attack celtic then can we deduce he knows things are bad for them. If it's just a puff piece, basically him sitting on the fence and not really going for the Vhermin, some criticism of them and somehow shoehorning us into his column. Then he's playing Devil's Advocate and trying to avoid the real issues, of a major cover-up and celtic's culpability in allowing a Phaedophile Ring to go unchecked at their club for over thirty years.

He’s actually using the Celtic fc child sex abuse victims for his own gain ,he’s got a column out of it and a few digs at us ,grotesque

Queersie is morally corrupt and I genuinely believe he is on the mentally challenged payroll and therefore incapable of impartiality when St Pats FC need condemned and shamed for their over 30 year cover up.

Let’s monitor StinkyPinky after Cairney, McCafferty and King trials are completed and no doubt if justice is served all 3 will be jailed for their crimes against children.

StinkyPinky will struggle to maintain “point scoring” pish because it will be 5-0 then if he wants to go down that route!!

Wonder which proper journalist will have the balls to mention a Paedo ring at St Pats and why are the facilitators not being pursued by Police Scotland for their part in these crimes?

4 pages waiting on reading something we know will anger us written by a dickhead who hates us.

Exactly.

His only relevance is trolling us. Therefore, deny him attention and he cases to have any purpose

4 pages waiting on reading something we know will anger us written by a dickhead who hates us.
Waiting on it mate cause he replied to guys sister on twitter yesterday saying he was writing a piece today about this " tragic " event.
I've had things happen in my life in the past few years that were tragic this isn't tragic it's f#cking the worst of all henious crimes imaginable

Waiting on it mate cause he replied to guys sister on twitter yesterday saying he was writing a piece today about this " tragic " event.
I've had things happen in my life in the past few years that were tragic this isn't tragic it's f#cking the worst of all henious crimes imaginable

Exactly, "tragic" suggests some sort of unfortunate accident. The crimes of Torbett and Co hardly apply. For a supposed journalist to label it as such defies belief.

I’ve seen said page. Usual Spiers - he rebukes Celtic, need to do more etc, but it’s in a small sidebar across the bottom. His headline story is having a pop at poor old McLeish. The Nations Cup of course being more important that the biggest cover up British sport has ever seen.

Isnae too bothered about institutional paedophile rings (and the cover up) within Celtic FC - loathes those naughty songs we sing.

So basically Spiers business as usual tgen, ignores the relevant, deals in platitudes and soundbites and cant tell a rugby ball from a football. Same old pish

Sorry - didn't look so blurry when I took the photos in a well-lit room.

61lubue.jpg

zxB46I1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The sister of Andrew Gray tweeted Spiers asking him to re-tweet something regarding her brother and their cause, unbelievably he responded and is writing a column today about this, should make interesting reading, let’s see what his morale stance is on this
Celtic not guilty.

His refusal to deal with this issue properly is an insult to the victims and decency in general.

A warped piece of trash.

Morally bankrupt, liar, denier and scumbag

Clickbait mate.

I am only highlighting what he said, I still think he is a fud.

but I found this interesting reading that he had chosen to answer this question knowing the reply’s he would get from that lot.

hoVtx52_d.jpg

Last edited:
They're obsessed by the ones that worked for Rangers at some point. Everything I see posted on Twitter has replies from them about Neeley and Dunn.

Is that not what Torbett said to the Priest re the poor altar bhoy ... are you Neeley Dunn ? ....

I'll get my coat :)

I love the standard reply about “we keep being told rangers told the police but there is no proof of this”.

I could be wrong but was the original complanaint to rangers not a police officer whose son complained about neeley?

There was a banger in the pub last night shouting "whit aboot Neilly Dunn then"?
He took a couple a slaps before it was pointed out to him that they were two different people and that we phoned the police.

There was a banger in the pub last night shouting "whit aboot Neilly Dunn then"?
He took a couple a slaps before it was pointed out to him that they were two different people and that we phoned the police.
That can’t Dunne abused the young kid taking him to Liverpool, the kid signed for us later on if my memory is working. He abused a mate of mine but he was at Hearts at the time and was drafted into a Rangers squad that went to Sweden along with three other Hearts players to make up numbers .Dunne was at Hearts for many years and was a big fat creepie man who the older boys would always warn the young ones to stay well clear off.

Funny that their argument is based on “we urny the same club as cbc” and then “ranjurs done it look at Neely”...
When they’re the first to say “yooz urny the same club” and “yooz are jist point scoring” - exactly what the paedo kunts defence is based on.
Fuckin less time on their knees praying at school and more time in the classroom, it might give the stupid bastards a brain.

Been following this thread and would be interested to see the smelly ones 'news'paper column.

Any chance of a C&P folks?? Or even a (reluctant) link to the article??

An expected and strong dig at us from the smelly bastard. Makes it look like we have jumped all over this when the court case finished. We have highlighted it for years and this prick along with the rest buried their heads up Liewells arse.

Too much to expect Spiers to address this head on without fear or favour.

Tell you what though, I read Steven McGowan's piece today in my auld neighbour's Daily Mail and it doesn't miss.

"Genie out of the bottle and it isn't going back in this time". Essentially implores Celtic to ditch this 'separate entity' nonsense, meet victims face-to-face with proper apologies as if they really mean it this time and discuss meaningful compensation with them. States one very last chance to do the right thing otherwise the stain on Celtic will be indelible saying Celtic need to decide if they are going to put their community ahead of corporate considerations.

I love the standard reply about “we keep being told rangers told the police but there is no proof of this”.

I could be wrong but was the original complanaint to rangers not a police officer whose son complained about neeley?

As far as I remember the boy was the son of a police officer, and the complaint was about an inappropriate comment. The police could not confirm or deny that Rangers had informed them because the police records don't go back that far. Of course I could be wrong.

Too much to expect Spiers to address this head on without fear or favour.

Tell you what though, I read Steven McGowan's piece today in my auld neighbour's Daily Mail and it doesn't miss.

"Genie out of the bottle and it isn't going back in this time". Essentially implores Celtic to ditch this 'separate entity' nonsense, meet victims face-to-face with proper apologies as if they really mean it this time and discuss meaningful compensation with them. States one very last chance to do the right thing otherwise the stain on Celtic will be indelible saying Celtic need to decide if they are going to put their community ahead of corporate considerations.

His article is mostly about McLeish/Scotland, but there are sections about Collum and Torbett:

SECTION ON COLLUM:
Collum too keen to flash yellow and red cards

ike a lot of Scottish football fans, I do wonder about the referee Willie Collum. What exactly is his modus operandi on the pitch? Does he go by hard evidence? Does he blow his whistle sometimes on a whim?

I was at St Mirren v Rangers last weekend and remain mystified by the red card shown by Collum to Daniel Candeias. If anything, St Mirren’s Anton Ferdinand was the aggressor, not Candeias. At that final whistle, when Ferdinand appeared to have Candeias trapped in an arm-lock, it seemed to me Collum ambled up, wasn’t too sure what he had seen and showed a yellow card to both players to play safe. Already on a yellow, it meant that Candeias was sent off.

Thursday’s botched hearing with the SFA was neither here nor there. The case had nothing to do with “mistaken identity” and so the Candeias ban stands.

There is a recurring theme here with Collum, which is the awarding of dubious yellow and red cards. Have to say, I am not impressed.

SECTION ON TORBETT
Celtic need to reach out and offer help to victims of Torbett

It has been an atrocious and embarrassing week for Celtic FC. The horrors of the Jim Torbett case, and the cruelties he inflicted on young footballers at the Celtic Boys Club three decades ago, are scarcely worth repeating here. Suffice to say, with Torbett sent down for a second time, may further justice be delivered.

Celtic, I believe, need to show more compassion for the victims. It doesn’t seem appropriate to argue, as the club repeatedly has, that the boys club was a separate legal entity to Celtic FC. Clearly, in so many other ways — cultural, social, financial and more — there was an association between the two. Celtic, at the very least, should be reaching out to the victims and offering as much assistance as possible, including financial compensation.

Quite apart from the cruelty inflicted by Torbett on these boys — and they now number at least five, with the likelihood being far more — there remains this harrowing question: how was it that the Celtic board of the 1980s allowed this man back inside Celtic Park to work again, when many were aware of his previous crimes against youngsters in the period between 1966 and 1974?

Torbett was a friend and business associate of at least two Celtic directors at the time — Jack McGinn and Kevin Kelly — which makes this case even more uncomfortable for Celtic. How on earth was this man accommodated?

Celtic FC today are paying a heavy price for that terrible negligence of 30-plus years ago. It should never have been allowed to happen, and yet, as in most of these sex crimes against young people in football, they occurred because the monsters at the heart of it all were somehow tolerated. A despicable negligence around Celtic back then allowed Torbett to pursue his agenda.

There was one other highly unfortunate consequence of the Celtic Boys Club case this week: the transparent and disgusting antics on Twitter and elsewhere of certain supporters of Rangers and other clubs who were self-evidently gleeful at the Torbett case. Little wonder many chose not to go near social media while this case was being played out: it became a stomach-churning charade of point-scoring. I never thought I would ever see a child-abuse case causing such excitement.

It can assuredly be said once more: Twitter absolutely betrays the darker side of human nature.

• Everyone now knows the famous story of the football match played between British and German soldiers during the First World War. It was a very moving episode in that tragedy.

This weekend, 100 years on, I will proudly wear my poppy, in memory and gratitude. At football matches this weekend across Britain, some will wear poppies, and some won’t.

That is fine by me. But can we not just respect each other’s opinion without the aggression and abuse? Oh, the irony.

Spiers has for years cultivated The Filth and their lunatic support.
Hie swerving of just criticism towards them whilst never missing a chance to attack Rangers marked him out as lacking in the essential integrity befitting of even the most average journalist.
However, he may find that one simple transgression onto the side of honesty will be more than enough to see him be instantly relegated back to the ranks of just another Dirty Orange Bastrd Hun!

There is something in this crazy yet inevitable denouement that just shouts poetic justice.

She is an amazing woman, and is putting a lot of people into places I’m sure they’d rather not be, or would rather ignore completely.

The ‘seperate entity’ defence may turn out to be a huge mistake by them.

Michelle is a feisty outspoken wee lady from a very close family, she has had a hard few years with the death of her father and now her brother. She will not let this go that's for sure.

Funny that their argument is based on “we urny the same club as cbc” and then “ranjurs done it look at Neely”...
When they’re the first to say “yooz urny the same club” and “yooz are jist point scoring” - exactly what the paedo kunts defence is based on.
Fuckin less time on their knees praying at school and more time in the classroom, it might give the stupid bastards a brain.

Desperate defence and deflection from crazed Vhermin on internet forums is utterly meaningless.

Celtic FC are going to court for their part in systematic child abuse and there won’t be any aye but whit aboot ra huns in there.

I am only highlighting what he said, I still think he is a fud.

but I found this interesting reading that he had chosen to answer this question knowing the reply’s he would get from that lot.

hoVtx52_d.jpg
Haha he answered the question from me, I'm famous now my name's on FF
also got another reply from a throbber calling me a cvnt

Back