Gerstoreonline

I placed an order for grey coaches zip top adults size XXL on Sunday at start of November and received it the Thursday of that week.

Confirmation and dispatch emails promptly received, all in no hassle at all.

Can't grumble.

I got medium boys goalie top and home top. Both are too small for son. They are both personalised with numbers and morelos mcgregor on the backs. I can't return as they don't take them back if personalised! Cost 143 for two tops and home shorts. If anybody intersted in buying id accept 100 for the lot.

I got medium boys goalie top and home top. Both are too small for son. They are both personalised with numbers and morelos mcgregor on the backs. I can't return as they don't take them back if personalised! Cost 143 for two tops and home shorts. If anybody intersted in buying id accept 100 for the lot.

I've defended the store several times but this is the total shit side of only having an online option. Having to take the chance e ordering sizes.

There has been plenty of bad luck stories with regards to the online store, but i made a purchase on last Tuesday (couple of training t-shirts and joggies) and they arrived on Friday. Hopefully they've gotten over the teething issues and everyone can buy from the site with some confidence.

There has been plenty of bad luck stories with regards to the online store, but i made a purchase on last Tuesday (couple of training t-shirts and joggies) and they arrived on Friday. Hopefully they've gotten over the teething issues and everyone can buy from the site with some confidence.

How did they fit? I ordered the training and the coaches 1/2 zip tops and a pair of the joggers. Think I'm going to get one of the training t shirts and the travel polo's next.

Same here, I ordered the medium trackie bottoms and top, was a bit apprehensive doing it online as I wasn't sure of Hummel sizes and heard some stories on here but was delivered after a few days, no issues and sizes fit perfectly.

Really pleased with the quality, love the bottoms especially. I got the grey top with the marine blue bottoms, I see the blue training top has been added so going to get that with the black bottoms.

How did they fit? I ordered the training and the coaches 1/2 zip tops and a pair of the joggers. Think I'm going to get one of the training t shirts and the travel polo's next.

I'd say for adults the size chart on the site (which many overlook) is fairly accurate. Less so for kids I reckon.

They sent me the wrong hat so I asked them how I should go about returning it to get the right one. After a couple of emails back and forth, they just refunded the money for it, so now I have a hat I didn't order and if I want the original one I tried to order, I have to pay International Shipping again. (U.S.)

Thought that was pretty shite customer service, to be honest.

My experience with them has been below average. Ordered myself the first top and my grandson a customized small. Placed the order on that 2nd day they were on sales. The size guide suggested it would be for about a 6 year-old. He's 4 and is built like a 4 year old Jason Holt. Fully expected it to be too big, but that's okay, since he'd grow into it.

Zero communication from them, including no response to multiple messages, though they charged my credit card on the day of the order. This weekend decided I'd be calling if I didn't hear something.
Sunday, go to pickup the mail and there are the two strips, having been delivered Saturday. Checked back on email and no dispatch email as promised. Glad I got my stuff, but not happy on the timeline.

Took out my grandson's top and it looks like it'll be too small. No way this would ever fit a six-year old. I haven't seen him yet, but if it does fit, it won't for long. He's 4 and this is his first Rangers strip (%^*& Ashley). Hopefully he can wear it a couple of times, since I've been waiting for this day for a long time.

All-in-all, it looks like they're improving their service, but so far, mess.

My experience with them has been below average. Ordered myself the first top and my grandson a customized small. Placed the order on that 2nd day they were on sales. The size guide suggested it would be for about a 6 year-old. He's 4 and is built like a 4 year old Jason Holt. Fully expected it to be too big, but that's okay, since he'd grow into it.

Zero communication from them, including no response to multiple messages, though they charged my credit card on the day of the order. This weekend decided I'd be calling if I didn't hear something.
Sunday, go to pickup the mail and there are the two strips, having been delivered Saturday. Checked back on email and no dispatch email as promised. Glad I got my stuff, but not happy on the timeline.

Took out my grandson's top and it looks like it'll be too small. No way this would ever fit a six-year old. I haven't seen him yet, but if it does fit, it won't for long. He's 4 and this is his first Rangers strip (%^*& Ashley). Hopefully he can wear it a couple of times, since I've been waiting for this day for a long time.

All-in-all, it looks like they're improving their service, but so far, mess.
Now got an image of a subbuteo sized Jason Holt in my head, cheers

i got home top and orange top both xxl but find them very lose around the chest and neater around the stomach ...maybe im a odd shape lol

Polo shirt arrived today and will be returned tomorrow. Sizing is miles off

Did you check the size guide? Only reason I ask is that someone posted that they ordered an XL polo because that’s what size they were with Next. However, when you check the respective size guides it is a Hummel XXL that equates to a Next XL. Need to check chest sizes on the size guide.

As someone who rushed to buy the kits as they first came out, then never went back on the website, it’s come on leaps and bounds.

Worth a revisit.

I even like one of the leisure wear items. :D

The new leisurewear polo shirts are all made small everything I have bought before home away tops and the training stuff all fit fine for a large.
The leisure wear I bought three polo shirts all large are all too small and I need to send them back be warned they are very small made.

Last edited:
I'm a rather portly chap :D. Not a chubber by any measure, but a waist that has seen a few pies and pints over the years. LOL

Anyway, I still play fives to a fairly decent standard and ordered the full kit for my fives, going XL for the top and 36 waist for the shorts and size 11 socks.

All of it fits really well and it took only two days to arrive.

The one observation I will make is that the tops don't hang on your body, they hug your body and are quite clingy. So, let's just say this Hummel top will cause me to redouble my efforts to drop a few points round my waist. LOL.

I returned a large home kit. Ordered large as what I have been with previous kits. From Umbro thro to puma. Large for me in Hummel is to neat for me

Just sent the 3 (mini sized) large leisurewear polo tops back this morning $55 Aus postage, please be aware that these tops are at least 1 size too small.

You think its too much trouble for them to maybe put a note on the website items telling people to refer to the size guide before placing an order?

Seems a lot of folk are ordering on the basis of what size they usually are. I noticed the Hummel size guide appears to be about 1" smaller than what 'most' standard large is for other makers. For instance size Large I find for the most part is usually 42" - 44" but Hummels Large is 41"-43".

Thats an inch across the chest which could be the difference between being a nice fit and too small. Kids sizes are definitely small made too got both my kids tops a size bigger than their age and both fit perfect but wont last them for long. My 12 yo Daughter will probably have to get a small adult size next season.

I am happy to concede that I may have been very lucky but I have made 5 orders and except for my first order which was for the home top when the site went live I've had every order delivered within 5 days of ordering.

That’s been reported a few times and was the one I fancied most when I have some dough spare. What’s the issue with it?

You think its too much trouble for them to maybe put a note on the website items telling people to refer to the size guide before placing an order?

Seems a lot of folk are ordering on the basis of what size they usually are. I noticed the Hummel size guide appears to be about 1" smaller than what 'most' standard large is for other makers. For instance size Large I find for the most part is usually 42" - 44" but Hummels Large is 41"-43".

Thats an inch across the chest which could be the difference between being a nice fit and too small. Kids sizes are definitely small made too got both my kids tops a size bigger than their age and both fit perfect but wont last them for long. My 12 yo Daughter will probably have to get a small adult size next season.
I agree 100% there should be a warning that for these items you need to order 1 size up $55 return postage from Australia and the time it takes is a real pain in the rs.
a simple warning on the web site would have prevented that.

Just sent the 3 (mini sized) large leisurewear polo tops back this morning $55 Aus postage, please be aware that these tops are at least 1 size too small.
If you paid with paypal you can claim return costs back in the UK could be the same out there

I agree 100% there should be a warning that for these items you need to order 1 size up $55 return postage from Australia and the time it takes is a real pain in the rs.
a simple warning on the web site would have prevented that.

The size chart isn’t exactly hidden away on the site and, as a poster on here, surely you must have seen the endless posts about sizing?

It’s the perils of buying online and one reason I try to avoid it for clothing and shoes. It’s not as if such issues are exclusive to www.thegersstoreonline.com.

Back