Match Thread Dundee v Rangers - 13:30 Sunday - Sky Sports

Mccallister/Beale really need to tell Gerrard that this rotation just dosen't work.If not,what good are they?
It's not so bad if, ala the likes of Liverpool, you have a squad full of top class internationals, even then you try to leave your two central defenders in place most weeks.

Nope, you are wrong FACT!

I referee both Football and Rugby Union.

Rugby: Ball direction in rugby has no impact on someone being offside.

Football: If the ball is travelling backwards, you are behind the game line and therefore on side, regardless of how many opposing players are between you and the goal line.
For the SFA by any chance? :D

The biggest problem within officials especially assistants in Scottish football,the bustards ain’t fit enough,always a yard or more behind play!!!!!
That’s not the problem here.
The problem here was the ball was too fast for the linesman and he guessed a decision.
This guessing something is for me, is actually worse than seeing something and misinterpreting it.

We better cause we were poor in the first half.

Nothing but a comfortable win is acceptable against a poor Dundee with 10 men.
We should be battering them even with eleven. So much attacking talent on the field. They need to show it. I think we'll get a couple.

Andy Walker gives me the absolute boke. His absolute refusal to agree with any decision that goes in our favour is a joke; trying to say that the challenge on Candeias was maybe reckless when it was a nailed on red. Making up shite like a petulant kick by Lafferty that was nonexistent. The guys a disgrace.

Mate. In football you well know then that the direction of the ball is irrelevant and a forward pass is not required to make a player offside, it is based on his position in relation to the opponents, goal line and ball.
Again, nope.

A player is not deemed offside until he is involved with play. If the ball is being played directly to him from a position closer to the goal line than him, he is onside regardless of opposing players positions.

I don’t know enough about rugby. Not my forte but I thought a forward pass was offside. I’ll more than happily concede the rugby point.

In football, the direction of the pass is irrelevant
Rugby is a game of territory so if you are in front of the ball you are generally offside but a forward pass would result in a scrum. Football because it is not a territorial game does not normally describe offside by the direction of travel of the ball as someone could be coming back from an offside position.

By feck, any Rangers fan has a bloody cheek moaning about today's goal after Morelos's offside goal last week. Each and every side suffers each and every week because of poor refereeing decisions.
Yes but plenty was made of last weeks incident.
It’s worth pointing out, it’s actually imperative that it’s pointed out, these decisions go against us as well.

The biggest problem within officials especially assistants in Scottish football,the bustards ain’t fit enough,always a yard or more behind play!!!!!

Agree mate , and the simple solution is to have four linesmen two in either half of the pitch

Again, nope.

A player is not deemed offside until he is involved with play. If the ball is being played directly to him from a position closer to the goal line than him, he is onside regardless of opposing players positions.

If I am running in on goal behind the defensive line but ahead of the ball, the winger tries to cross to me but cuts it backwards just behind me and I check my run to collect the ball and finish, I am off side, no?

A lot of people on Goldsons case, but I ask the question, why is he LCB and Worral RCB when it has been the other way around in EVERY other match?

So for those of us not watching, bad refereeing, goal wrongly chopped off Worrell cant cook and cant defend. Goldson from superstar early season to Bombscare.

Who would FF give positive marks to this far in the game...?

By feck, any Rangers fan has a bloody cheek moaning about today's goal after Morelos's offside goal last week. Each and every side suffers each and every week because of poor refereeing decisions.
I am not convinced Morelos was offside last week having seen a still at the exact moment the free kick was taken.
If he was then it was actually a close call.
The reporting of it was totally inaccurate.

Nope, you are wrong FACT!

I referee both Football and Rugby Union.

Rugby: Ball direction in rugby has no impact on someone being offside.

Football: If the ball is travelling backwards, you are behind the game line and therefore on side, regardless of how many opposing players are between you and the goal line.

The laws of the game offside section makes no mention of ball direction that I can see, or is it covered elsewhere?

Back