Match Thread Rapid Wien v Rangers - 17:55 Thursday - BT Sports

I fucking jinxed that.
Annoying we’ve been knocked out in a game where both teams have created nothing, let’s hope our league form picks up now. No excuses.

why spend the 2 million on grezda and not a creative centre mid ? why get rid of windass..without replacing his goals/or any sort of midfield goals replacement.Some of this is on Gerrard and his signings

Another pathetic display from a shite team.
Doesn’t matter what manager or squad is put in front of us the obvious is never fucking delivered - that utter shite Rapid Vienna team were there for the taking and we failed to deliver yet again.
Starting to look that way unfortunately

To be fair, I think it is a little unfair to just call it a straightforward group. In normal circumstances yes, but given where we are, we would not have looked at it as a group we should be getting out of.

The most annoying thing about it all is that we have had more than enough chances over tonight and the Spartak games to have put it to bed.

Straightforward group or not, the point is right. We consistently fail to win the game critical in match 3 or 4.

Same old

It’s a sore one
But given the shambles Stevie G inherited
It’s been a massive leap to come within one game of qualifying

And key moments haven’t gone for us

- offside goal that should’ve stood in a Moscow to go 4-2 up and pretty
- ridiculous red card two weeks ago
- rapid ending first half with all men on

We have exceeded expectations, and have had some dodgy decisions go against us, but ultimately we are masters of our downfall and our own disappointment .

Dust ourselves down, and go again.

WATP

Poor kick from McGregor frustrating as %^*& because Rapid are horrible and will get absolute leathered in the last 32.
So would we have to be fair.

Should still have qualified though. Blew it in Moscow and tonight.

We had played well up until that point. A solid performance but once again we can't create anything. Our midfield isn't good enough. Goals are such a struggle for us at the moment. It's a worry. Hopefully Mark Allan can address this on January.

We can be proud of our run in this competition.
I dont think you can say we played well weve been pretty bang average.

Kick in the baws. Results against Spartak cost us, if we needed a draw tonight we’d have likely won but sorely lack creativity, unfortunately.

Compared to last years efforts in Europe it’s fair to say we’ve made decent progress.

Or lack of creativity/cutting edge sorely needs addressed in Jan.

Middleton is just not good enough.
Tavernier decision making is amateur
Gerrard doesn’t seem able to tactically change our game.

Poor overall performance from us tonight against a bang average side, one shot on target! Which didn't happen until 80 odd minutes!?

Granted Europe was is a bonus but we chucked it so we have only ourselves to blame.

To be fair, I think it is a little unfair to just call it a straightforward group. In normal circumstances yes, but given where we are, we would not have looked at it as a group we should be getting out of.

The most annoying thing about it all is that we have had more than enough chances over tonight and the Spartak games to have put it to bed.
I didn't say so but I did mean in light of how it has unfolded. This lot for example are shite.

We've been the better team and were caught out having loaded our attack. All else being equal, Rapid weren't creating much at all.

Goldson's header is an inch lower and we're winning this tonight.

C'est la vie.

Back