Goodbye to "the Baku"

That song was Gerrard's "Warburton is Magic", an albatross around his neck setting unduly high expectations before his time as manager had ever really started.

Gutted about it ending, but happy to see the back of that song.

That song was Gerrard's "Warburton is Magic", an albatross around his neck setting unduly high expectations before his time as manager had ever really started.

No it wasn’t

It was a bit of light hearted fun that nobody in their right mind thought was anything other than a catchy wee tune

I've taught my 2 and 4 year old the Baku and the Alfredo and the three cheers and am I allowed to say, when in Lincolnshire in July and seeing the daily 3 spitfires practising, there were 10 German bombers, the people of Lincolnshire her singing, people of follow follow and the sun readership less so.

Really hope the tims don’t qualify or we will be hearing that at Ibrox in a few weeks.

Won’t be able to hear them through their precautionary gumshields and riot-cop style face masks they’ll need to be wearing given their newfound concerns about safety.

Last edited:
The co efficient boost and £7 million plus we have earned has provided a major boost , but going out to dung like Vienna hurts .

It’s vital that , whatever the Euro competition is , we continue to progress in this arena .

What, from 750 reptiles, and 50,000 bears giving it dokey?

The away fans have been heard several times this season when there’s been 1500 of them. There’s no reason why we won’t hear 800 of them at some point. Ibrox isn’t noisy for a full 90 mins.

Hopefully we'll be singing next December about wherever the Champions League final is getting played!

No it wasn’t

It was a bit of light hearted fun that nobody in their right mind thought was anything other than a catchy wee tune

Indeed, ffs.

I don’t think Gerrard started to get chest pains every time he saw it or that, I imagine he enjoyed it like the rest of us.

Indeed, ffs.

I don’t think Gerrard started to get chest pains every time he saw it or that, I imagine he enjoyed it like the rest of us.

No evidence to suggest that he liked it, but it's probably paid its part in setting the high kind of expectations that inevitably result in disappointment.

Case in point: the number of threads on here the day after a Celtic defeat/draw anticipating how people will celebrate winning the title. Mad.

Another song that goes into the great burning fire of former number 1s.

We should have a throw back one night and the songs should be:

Warburton is magic
One Ian Black
We've got Joey Garner
Waghorn is on fire.....
We all dream of a team of Davie Weirs
The Carlos Cueller one

I might get this playlist for the car.

If we can hear 750 of them singing ANYTHING above 49,000 of us then there's a problem.

If a lot of the stadium don’t get their fingers out their arses you can guarantee we’ll hear them.

It’s desperate at times.

Anyway... a chat for another time :)

Sorry but that’s bullshit.

We need to replace the word immediately.

We currently sing very few songs at Ibrox and need to keep this going.

The top?
The title?

The away fans have been heard several times this season when there’s been 1500 of them. There’s no reason why we won’t hear 800 of them at some point. Ibrox isn’t noisy for a full 90 mins.
No.. but whatever happens we cant let these bastards lord it over us ...we have to be vocal and stay and support the team to the bitter end

Back