Goodbye to "the Baku"

That song was Gerrard's "Warburton is Magic", an albatross around his neck setting unduly high expectations before his time as manager had ever really started.

Gutted about it ending, but happy to see the back of that song.

The song was clearly tongue in cheek. I don't think even the most optimistic fan genuinely thought we'd make the final.

I've taught my 2 and 4 year old the Baku and the Alfredo and the three cheers and am I allowed to say, when in Lincolnshire in July and seeing the daily 3 spitfires practising, there were 10 German bombers, the people of Lincolnshire her singing, people of follow follow and the sun readership less so.

Whit?!

We’re on our way,We’re on our way,
To the 55,we’re on our way,
How do we get there I don’t know,
How do we get there I don’t care,
All I know is we are on our way.........

That song was Gerrard's "Warburton is Magic", an albatross around his neck setting unduly high expectations before his time as manager had ever really started.

Only if you were a total weapon, was a bit of fun for the young team.

What? Its not a serious song. o_Oo_O

It was a good wee chant. Will always remind me of the trip to Benidorm for the Villarreal game but it had been dying off recently anyway.

Not bothered one IOTA if the fans of Nonce FC now try and steal it. Just shows them up for the unoriginal weirdo's that they are.

Lighten up FFS

Remember singing it in Skopje at the Shkupi game.....at that point I wasn’t expecting to still be singing it in December!

It had a good run!

It was a bit of fun mate and a good wee song

Latest posts

Back