Match Thread Rangers v Hamilton - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV.tv

We just need to win to get back on track. That's all that matters. Confidence comes with winning.

Realistically I think we need to win the 5 games if we are going to win the league. It's a tough ask but you don't win leagues the way we've been in league games this session.

Think big Gareth may get a breather today, as I think Gerrard may want him on Wednesday night to combat Kamberi's physicality.

Let's start at a good tempo Gers and a 3-0 win would be nice.

Clean sheet would be very welcome too.

I think we'll go......

McGregor

Tav Goldson Worrall Barisic

Jack Coulibaly
Arfield

Candeias Lafferty Grezda

A load of my mates are doing hospitality today so I'm hoping for a resounding win and great performance for them, 4 - 0 Gers.

I’ve said for a long time that Hamilton are extremely lucky to still be in the top flight
They’re one of the worst sides I can remember playing in the top league.

Posted elsewhere a 4-2-3-1 but %^*& it, we're at home to absolute dross.

McGregor
Tav Goldson Katic Barisic
Candeias Arfield Jack Middleton
Grezda Lafferty

Mebude on the bench as striker cover.

Last edited:
Dream 1.
Hibs beat them by a single controversial goal, 1-0 Hibs
We win by 4 clear goals
Top of the league
They drop to third

Dream 2
They draw 0-0
We win by 5 clear goals
Joint top, in front on GD.

Any win for us will do for now.

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Katic Barisic
Jack rossiter arfield
Candieas morelos grezda

Swap coulibally for arfield if arfield is still suspended
And lafferty for morelos

Last edited:
Time to start settling the lineup down.

McGregor

Tav Goldson Katic Barasic

Arfield McCrorie Jack

Candeias Lafferty Grezda

Get Morelos back in that team when available and get some consistency. McCrorie has earned a spot for me after Vienna. For games like this at home where we won’t always need a sitting player and will need to break down a packed defence, I’d try Kent in the middle when he’s fit. Creativity today will need to come from wide areas and Arfield supporting.

If I see another game where Goldson alone has 83% of the possession coz of how deep the opposition are sitting soaking us up, I’ll cry.

Dream 1.
Hibs beat them by a single controversial goal, 1-0 Hibs
We win by 4 clear goals
Top of the league

Dream 2
They draw 0-0
We win by 5 clear goals
Joint top, in front on GD.

Any win for us will do for now.

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Katic Barisic
Jack rossiter arfield
Candieas morelos grezda

Swap coulibally for arfield if arfield is still suspended
And lafferty for morelos
Revise that dream 1 mate. We are 2 points behind. That mob lose and we win ,then we go top and killie are then 2nd

I want to see Jack be more positive on the ball today, I want quick pass and movement to show we can unlock a defense.

The lack of penetration has been there since the start of the season.

Think I'll greet if I see Worrall name on teamsheet

Shagger
Tav
Goldson
Katic
Barasic
Mccrorie
Jack
Arfield
Grezda
Lafferty
Candeias

Is how I'd go

This for me as well. Get this side playing together up until the 29th.

But with Morelos in.

I want to see Jack be more positive on the ball today, I want quick pass and movement to show we can unlock a defense.

He certainly done that on Thursday as he had license to get forward more with McCrorie sitting deep

He certainly done that on Thursday as he had license to get forward more with McCrorie sitting deep

I noticed it on Thursday as well. I thought it would be McCrorie playing a more forward driving role but it turned out to be Jack. The last thing we need is both of them sitting deep.

Never thought being at home to Hamilton would be such a massive game but it is now.Obviously take any win and 3 points but we need a confidence boosting performance and we need it soon.Hopefully,we get one today.3-1 Gers.
WATP

Think big Gareth may get a breather today, as I think Gerrard may want him on Wednesday night to combat Kamberi's physicality.

Let's start at a good tempo Gers and a 3-0 win would be nice.

Clean sheet would be very welcome too.

I think we'll go......

McGregor

Tav Goldson Worrall Barisic

Jack Coulibaly
Arfield

Candeias Lafferty Grezda

I suspect you're right mate.

Personally I'd like to see McCrorie in there instead of Coulibaly - I know everyone thinks we show too much respect by playing 2 CDMs at home, but that's where teams have been smelling blood against us recently. We need to win the battle in the middle of the park and I think McCrorie gives us more height, physicality and energy in there than Coulibaly right now. Rest of the team pretty much picks itself I think.

wont make this today as im down at anfield,,but I am slightly concerned how this will pan out,,we know we have been struggling to break teams down ,and create meaningful chances, ,throw into the mix our penchant for shipping cheap goals,,could be 4-0 or 1-1 all depends what rangers turn up

As long as we win a couldn't give a monkies about the scoreline and let's hope the Edinburgh scum do us a wee favour against they manky cu€ts before our game Mon the bears

Will be glad to see the back of these pish Sunday kick-offs! 2am Monday here in Melbourne.

We desperately need a confidence boosting win, a few goals and clean sheet please!

Early goal and 3-0 please.
It’s a nice 7pm in Mauritius ;)

not expecting any shocks with either team selevtion or result. Comfortable win but we need to score a few without reply .I have a feeling goal difference might be important.

It all depends on our application against these teams. We should be outworking every team we come up against but if we even match Hamilton's workrate then we'll win comfortably. Fanny about at walking pace, constantly refuse to take responsibility, repeatedly pass the ball back and across and we'll struggle.
Just put as much into it as your opponent, Rangers.

After a delayed flight from Vienna to Stanstead last night, we missed our connecting flight back home.
Just got in the door there after a 9 and a half hour megabus back to Buchanan street.

Few hours kip then up for the game.

They better win!

The megabus from London is something I'll never do again. A truly eye opening(and watering) experience.

Fair play to you mate. :eek:

Hamilton will have 9 or 10 men in defence. It will be a horrible game until we break them down and open the scoring. Even at 1-0 most teams still wont open up their style of play. Id like to see our 4 3 3 ditched for 3 1 4 2. 4 3 3 doesnt seem to work well against tesms trying to spoil the game. Need something diffrent.

I suspect you're right mate.

Personally I'd like to see McCrorie in there instead of Coulibaly - I know everyone thinks we show too much respect by playing 2 CDMs at home, but that's where teams have been smelling blood against us recently. We need to win the battle in the middle of the park and I think McCrorie gives us more height, physicality and energy in there than Coulibaly right now. Rest of the team pretty much picks itself I think.

I've not watched the game again since I came back from Vienna, but at the time I thought Coulibaly had his best game for a few weeks.

Hopefully he's beginning to return back to his early season form.

I'm expecting a turgid, scrappy game and a flat as f.uck atmosphere, unfortunately.

Either way, 3 points is an absolute must !

Do it Rangers !!

3 points is the main thing today, especially as I can see the scum slipping up today.
We need a good performance very soon though to get the confidence back up, hopefully it is today.

100% agree, we need people looking for the ball and switched on to get it early, its a 2 way problem/ solution.

Back