Your 11 v hibs

Same team as Sunday with Morelos in for Lafferty.

Why anyone thinks swapping centre half’s is the way to go after the mess we have watched it create I don’t know.

Morelos in for Lafferty will be the only change i reckon would love Katic to get a chance but cant see it after playing for the reserves

McGregor

Tavernier
Goldson
McCauley
Barisic

Jack
Coulibaly
Arfield

Lafferty
Morelos
Grezda.

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson McAuley Barisic
Jack Coulibaly
Arfield
Candeias Morelos Grezda​

Looks about right to me mate. I certainly wouldn’t drop McAuley for this one and Morelos will, obviously, come back in for Lafferty.

Subject to injury/fitness of course.

Can see McAuley being rested as well and playing against St Johnstone and the mentally challengeds.

He can't play games every 3 days at 39 years old.

McGregor
McCrorie Jack Arfield
Candeias Morelos Grezda
Edit: That's the team I'd personally go with but I fully expect Worrall to come in and replace McAuley but I hope I'm wrong. Also think McCrorie will drop out for Coulibaly.

December 30th it seems.
I can't see us being up enough in any of the next 4 games to allow him to be rested. Iirc this season he's played every minute bar 45 of a friendly? Oh and the Ayr game.
He came off for Ejaria against stjohnstone at Ibrox

McCrorie went to right back that day

McGregor
Tav Goldson Worrall Borna
Arfield Jack Haliday
Candeias Morelos Grezda

Bringing in Haliday for freshness and can at least hit a baw !

McGregor
Tav Goldson Worral Barisic
Jack
Arfield Halliday
Candeias Morelos Grezda
Worral/Katic for Mcauley who I think is an accident waiting to happen.

Halliday/McCrorie or Coulibaly,I’ve went for Andy for balance and better use of the ball although Ross/Lass give more energy/physicality in the middle,but this Hivs midfield contains guys like Hyndman,decisions?

Could I ask why you have left out Candeias ?
I like Candeias but I think Lafferty holds the ball up better which I think would help us keep possession more in this game. I like Candeias and Lafferty both; I also think Lafferty was unfairly criticised for the performance at the weekend, and came very close to scoring.

Looking forward to more of Barisic/Grezda down the left (something's afoot there).

McGregor
Jack Arfield Halliday/McCrorie
Candeias Morelos Grezda

Really struggling to see what others are seeing in Coulibaly. Barring a couple of EL qualifiers, I think he’s been an empty jersey all season.

You really prefer Coulibaly to McCrorie MU ?

Depends on which Coulibaly turns up Polar.

If it's the strong, athletic and technical Coulibaly we saw early season then it's no contest.

If it's the jaded, ineffectual version we saw after his injury then it's Ross.

I actually thought Coulibaly was getting back to his best in Vienna, so I'd be more likely to go with him.

I like McCrorie though and I still believe he'll be a very good DM when he improves his distribution.

We will have more space against the spoon burners, so unleash Barasic and Grezda down the left side. Their partnership looks very promising.

Would like us to take a 'Watty Smith pragmatic approach' for this game.
No wingers cos' Grezda and Middleton do not produce enough at the best of times. Play a more direct game - longer quicker ball because their midfield will press us like the dhims and we arent good enough to cope with that

Greegs

Tav
Goldson
McAuley
Barisic

Jack
McCrorie
Arfield
Candeais

Lafferty
Morelos

Or stick Coulibaly in the midfield at the expense of Laff and give Arfield a no.10 free role.

Back