Porteous Tackle

If you were a foreigner watching that Scottish game you would have been shocked at the crudeness and physicallity being shown particularly and almost solely from the green and white thugs.

And yet another of our guys booked for dissent...clearly seen as a more serious offence...refs only too willing to point cards at our players

Last edited:
Definite red for me. And Craig Thomson standing watching it from close range, quite unbelievable.
Should be the subject of retrospective action by the compliance officer.

It was a horrible challenge. Thomson wasn’t for seeing his tackle on Morelos earlier or Ambrose’s in the same move.

Pedantic but if he’s booking McGregor at the end for dissent then Porteous ought to have been booked for ignoring the ref when he ran away.

Reckless challenge, Gerrard spot on if any rangers player makes that he’s off the park.

Yep. More dishonest officiating from
Thomson. And we have some of our own, at least those pretending to be our own, claiming it’s just incompetence. Funny that incompetence always impacts negatively on the same team.

Hibs player also kicked the ball away before our free kick and got diddly-squat from the fucking cheat Thompson

I actually thought Thompson was having a decent game and then I saw the yellow card in his hand after that tackle and shouted out “that’s a fucking red ya useless cheating bastard.”

It took him a while, but he got there.

It took the commentary panel about 50 seconds to even explore the possibility that it was a red, when it was blatantly obvious right away to the casual viewer.

The video of the tackle is highlighted on BBC site. Listen to the commentary though, there’s 3 of them actually laughing at it, useless bellends to a man.

He should also have received a red for his follow through on Coulibaly the first half too. Following through was deemed uniformly reckless when It was Jack on May last season.

That he didn’t receive a red for the 2nd half challenge would be comical if it wasn’t so corrupt.

Have we all went mad? Let's remember that blowing kisses is a yellow card offence in this country.

A horrid tackle however......

I said exactly the same thing. Very nearly collapsed in a heap when he said Rangers (yes he used the word Rangers) were the better team. He said it at least twice in his post match interview. I demand to know what they've done with the REAL Neil Lennon and who the fck that was doing his post match interview?
:eek::confused:

It’s because he doesn’t want to upset our manager because he’s a little squirming coward of a man.

I actually thought Thompson was having a decent game and then I saw the yellow card in his hand after that tackle and shouted out “that’s a fucking red ya useless cheating bastard.”

He was having a decent game, he made two match changing decisions and funnily enough both were in Hivs favour

There is no rationale for the boy staying on the park when you consider all his tackling. The cheat and/or coward ref then allows him to openly laugh when eventually going to collect his yellow card. Ref didn't do his job... again.

In real time, I thought it was a yellow. However, I actually thought he should have got the same treatment as Morelos got in Russia for refusing to go over to the ref............

When I seen the replay, I thought red.

I think Thomson was decent to that point - and it maybe helped the boy that it was the first booking of the game. That shouldn't have made a difference though.

Seriously how can a referee have a perfect view of that and not produce a red. Gerard is 100% correct if that is a Rangers player he quite simply is off the park. A farcical decision coupled with an equally farcical blatant penalty.

We certainly squandered enough chances to win two or three games tonight but if the referee had done his job properly we would have walked away with three points.
Our finishing would have improved?

By a mile it was a straight red. I said it a few days ago, the single biggest factor in affecting the game here for the worse is the leniency for tackles that should be punished more.

It was a red card challenge. The no penalty decision was a mistake as well. While the team missed chances and need to take responsibility for dropping points, the referee is just as culpable. Another day the penalty is given, Tav converts and we’re all happy. When can we have VAR?
When can we get some of the decisions that even themselves out over the season?

By a mile it was a straight red. I said it a few days ago, the single biggest factor in affecting the game here for the worse is the leniency for tackles that should be punished more.
That's the “welcome to Scotland, son (chuckle,chuckle)” challenges?

Disgusting tackle. He looks like a really good talent but a loose canon. A red would make him learn a lot quicker.

Gerrard completely right, if that's our player the red wouldn't come out quickly enough

KT is very good on BT, the best thing going on - the hysteria at people having the audacity to have an opinion...

Highlights the prick Thompson is a useless lanky streak of pish and shitebag

Defo red card offence

Any Rangers player who does it and it’s a straight red

The refereeing standards for our games is appalling. Thompson has always been a useless tramp.
Agreed,thought he used to be okay but he's got worse as the years have gone on. I wish Rangers would batter the doors at the SFA demanding at least answers and at most an overhaul, we've had refs running up to our players to book them like they couldn't wait to(Alfredo). I bet the gaffer will be called to answer for his comment,it wouldn't be a surprise now, would it.

This challenge of thuggery was up there with Scott Allans on Rossiter on the last day of last season.
Funnily enough both only worthy of yellows apparently.

Im in no doubt had that challenge been made by a Rangers player last night, the full Hibs team would have surrounded the ref and a red card would have been produced.
Perhaps we're too soft in this respect should we all be kicking off at the ref after challenges like this?

In general I thought the ref did well, kept the game flowing, wasn't quick to break up the game and dish out cards.

But obviously he had 2 major decisions to make and both went against us.

I won't use this as an excuse as to not winning we were far and away the better team gave hibs the biggest battering at easter road I can remember without actually scoring.

Just highlights again our lack of quality in the final third which needs addresses urgently.

Unbelievable.

Was also angry to see McCoist seemingly laughing and joking about it after the game, although I couldn't hear exactly what was being said.

You wonder what Ryan Jack was thinking given some of the red cards he got last season, including one for playing a pass at Pittodrie that May stuck his leg in front of.

Highlights the prick Thompson is a useless lanky streak of pish and shitebag

Defo red card offence

Any Rangers player who does it and it’s a straight red

Hes not a shitebag at all it takes a bit of bottle to go out and corrupt a football match, to have done it so often over such a long period of time suggests hes no coward. Nasty, corrupt, biased, probably making some money gambling too, but no shitebag.

Facts are he had two massive decisions to make last night and he didn’t have the bottle to call either of them correctly.

Facts are he had two massive decisions to make last night and he didn’t have the bottle to call either of them correctly.

No he had 2 big decisions to make and he showed quite a lot of bottle to make them dishonestly. Thats now about 60 odd live Rangers tv games hes went out to corrupt.

He hates Rangers he despises everything about the club, its nothing to with bottle.

Reckless challenge, Gerrard spot on if any rangers player makes that he’s off the park.
Pedant loyal but a "Reckless Challenge" is punishable by a yellow card. It should have been a red for endangering an opponent due to the speed and height of the challenge.

At the very least it should have been his second yellow as the intent on Morelos at the half way line warranted a caution.

Back