Match Thread St Johnstone v Rangers - 12:15 Sunday - BTSports

I'm so disappointed with that first half and I'm afraid to say I can't see any way we'll come back. I'm giving the second half 5 mins and if there isn't a radical shift in attitude I'm away to finish my xmas shopping.

This is so far away from the early season vibrancy I can't believe it. Whatever the manager is telling them, no lady's front bottom is listening,

There are at least 6 of them who do not want any fucking responsibility out there, including the entire midfield and central defence. How bad is it? Grezda is having a nightmare and he's our best bet because he's the only one trying to get on the ball.

Conner goldson just hasn’t been the same player he was in the first few months. Gives a goal scoring chance away a game.

Goldson is absolutely chronic when played left side. The only cb who looks in the slightest bit able to play there is the one that our manager refuses to play. the only thing saving Goldson from more criticism is the fact that Worrall is worse.

I do wonder if it wasn't Steven Gerrard in the dugout how much more vitriol would be getting slung at him at the moment.

We desperately need a result today.

Someone needs to take this game by the scruff of the neck. Far too slow, playing in front of a back 9. Someone needs to beat their man, show some composure and quality. Shape. We have played the same way since Warburton. We are not good enough to play this way. Go for a 3 5 2, get Lafferty on and guve it a go.

Getting more like Warburton’s nonsense each week.

Every manager in league knows we won’t do anything different other than 4-3-3 and sets up accordingly.
Exactly.

Gerrard looking exactly like our previous few managers. One trick pony.

Scum are so poor this season and we look like we will struggle to finish second again based on December.

Looks like their is more chance of a smile from posh spice than us scoring a goal recently imo its fkn embarrassing if things dont change the scum will pump us on the 29th !

90% of the posters on here when asked to pick a team would have went with the formation 4-3-3 so give up with it doesn’t suit us. Probably the same posters after the Motherwell game moaning about us changing to 3-5-2.

Still 45 mins to go lads... no surrender

I'm sick of watching this tbh.

It's been like this since 2016.

4-3-3. Huffing and puffing against a packed defence knowing the opposition just need to spawn a chance or two and they'll probably score.

Warburton, Murty, Pedro, Murty again, Gerrard.

It all looks the same.

This game today looks just like plenty did under Warburton, like plenty did under Murty, like plenty did under Pedro, etc.

Change something!

Start playing 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 or something but I'm so fed up with seeing 4-3-3.

4-3-3 only works when the front 3 all have goals in them (Messi, Neymar, Suarez or Mane, Salah, Firmino, etc) it is never in a million years going to work with 2 wide guys who can't score.

How many times do we need to see us drop points in a match that looks almost identical to the last time it happened?

Fecking bin the 4-3-3.

It doesn’t help that anytime we go in for a challenge they get a free kick, whereas we get scythed down and get nothing
But we are very poor at times

Big 45 for Gerrard, time he accepts some of the blame if this continues. The football we are playing is no better than Murty.

Same old, same old..............

Laurel and Hardy at the back.

Cross after cross after cross after cross............to nobody.

Seeing the goal there again Goldson was a disgrace, and has been poor for a while now.
He's poor every time Worrell plays. No idea why but it's true. Looks solid with McAuley and he was sound with Katic.

I'd be half tempted to put Lafferty through the middle and Alfie playing wide. He could cope with it and loves coming from the angle
to score. We need more up front and Lafferty can't play wide.

Doing more of the same isn't going to work.

Dreadful, you just knew the St j goal was coming, very nice finish tbf.

Sometimes though losing a goal isnt such a bad thing, the manager will be going nuts and we should see a much faster start to the 2nd half get Laff on go with 2 in the middle. Quick goal back and we go on win this.

Gerrard has my sympathy regarding attackers

Kent and Arfield injured
Ejaria not up to the task
Lafferty continually letting him down

I'm genuinely starting to get on the side of those that want Gerrard gone, how few they might be.

He's not changing things, is too stubborn with his formation and is clearly not able to get them motivated. I sincerely hope he turns it around but I fear he won't.

I appreciate he's been dealt a bad hand regarding injuries but that can't remain an excuse given how the performances have dropped in the last month or two.

Think we're looking at the very real possibility of being 10 points behind them come full time next Saturday. Christ knows what we do then.

Wait six months before repeating the process of inflating our chances of winning the league and blaming refs when things don't go right.

i feel like we've been playing this formation and variants of it for years with fuk all success

Why the %^*& are people droning on about beating the mentally challengeds in a weeks time?

We're 1 down to St Johnstone and have Hibs on Wed!!

Clowns.

Let's be brutally honest here. We can question players abilities but I'd confidently say every single one of our players are better than theirs. No question.

Problem is it's a complete lack of application. Laziness, cowardice, indifference. They are fkn pitiful little kids in a huff at the moment.

Snap the fck out it and man up.

Gerrad also not blameless but push has come to shove and they've shat it again .

Goldson can’t even play short passes out of defence without f*cking it up, we’d be three down because of him facing strong opposition.

That's fair enough but until our midfield stop taking the coward's way out by passing the buck onto our CH's this is going to happen. Halliday is making an arse of this opportunity, this is the type of game he should be bursting to show Gerrard he can make a contribution. Grezda is far too easily shrugged off the ball, he should have adjusted that by now.

Back