To those saying no progress

Zapp Brannigan

Watch the highlights of the first half. We completed bossed it and should have had two or three. Watch the St Johnstone game - completely bossed it.

The second half was sickening yesterday but we should have been out of sight. By all means have a go for results and failure to win 3 games in a row. But don't just make stuff up to make it all seem worse.

I watched Warburton's team and saw no signs of life, so I gave up on him even before last season started. I saw similar in McCoist and PLG - no chink of light at all. But this is different. Yes it may be two steps forward, one back, but there are steps forward. Let's do ourselves a favour and be honest about that.

Blind faith that, if there was progress been made then Pedro would have won a big game but he hasnt he hasn't even won 3 on the trot!

Out of 2 competitions and sitting 3rd in the league. Bossing a game means nothing if you can't win it. I certainly don't see much progress.

Nope no progress in my eyes. We should be sitting here today discussing us being in a final but we are not. Its not good enough.

Maybe you are correct, however his inability to win "big games"is a major problem that we cannot hide from.
& by the way I'm still on the fence, but after yesterday have found myself leaning towards the Pedro out camp. I just worry where we go from there.

I appreciate your optimism

But to actually believe we have made progress is a wee bit scary

When was the last time we won 3 games in a row?

We are floundering in the league, out of the cup to Motherwell, been comfortably beaten by the bheasts at home without even laying a glove on them and we have been papped out of Europe by a pub team from Luxembourg

Tell me where the progress is?? We bosses many games we lost last season, we still lost them

We have spent nearly 10 million in players and wages, a budget 10 times more than most of these teams we are "bossing"

I really wanted Pedro to succeed but for me it's time to go

This is his squad, his players, it's time for him to take his medicine

Watch the highlights of the first half. We completed bossed it and should have had two or three. Watch the St Johnstone game - completely bossed it.

The second half was sickening yesterday but we should have been out of sight. By all means have a go for results and failure to win 3 games in a row. But don't just make stuff up to make it all seem worse.

I watched Warburton's team and saw no signs of life, so I gave up on him even before last season started. I saw similar in McCoist and PLG - no chink of light at all. But this is different. Yes it may be two steps forward, one back, but there are steps forward. Let's do ourselves a favour and be honest about that.

so 135 minutes shows we have progressed?

I beg to differ

• Progress nikerdon
  • Aberdeen at home
  • Hearts at home
  • Hibs at home
  • Celtic at home
  • Motherwell cup semi

every single big game he has failed to deliver Every single one of them. We are a middle of the road SPL club under Pedro

he cant win 3 games in a row ffs!!

Progress? Jesus Christ - he should have been sacked after Progres !

It's ok saying we bossed halfs etc. Truth is we are powder puff and when the chips are down we can't cut it.

Spurs had 36% possession yesterday v Liverpool. Liverpool "bossed" large parts of the game...but got horsed 4-1.

While I agree we have generally improved we certainly didn't boss the game yesterday. Not from where I was standing.

Despite having a stinking first half we went in at the break and, again, came out worse. I think everyone could see what was happening and why we tried to play motherwell at hoofball was baffling.

We are better in one or two positions and are less likely to get kicked out of a game than MW's team (which is also why yesterday was so frustrating). Overall, though, the progress is marginal. Our style of play hasn't improved and we look like re-running last season - win a couple, draw, defeat, win, draw, win, defeat. That appears to be the pattern. Same as last year. We have improved slightly but whether the board feel the increase is sufficient given the expenditure, I don't know. I would doubt it.

I watched Warburton's team and saw no signs of life, so I gave up on him even befoWwwre last season started. I saw similar in McCoist and PLG - no chink of light at all. But this is different. Yes it may be two steps forward, one back, but there are steps forward. Let's do ourselves a favour and be honest about that.
Can I have the name of your suplier.. those drugs must be mind bending

I'm guessing nobody bothered to watch yesterday back before replying. Your minds are made up, I get that. But you're doing yourself a disservice if you are claiming this team is no better than last year's. It's patently obvious to anyone watching that we are better. Not good enough yet, but better.

I think we are better, but the margin is very slight.

We still can’t string a run of decent results against the munters of this league. After a net spend of what we spent in the summer the level of improvement isn’t enough, and that falls on Pedro.

I'm guessing nobody bothered to watch yesterday back before replying. Your minds are made up, I get that. But you're doing yourself a disservice if you are claiming this team is no better than last year's. It's patently obvious to anyone watching that we are better. Not good enough yet, but better.

the results suggest otherwise..........

Maybe you are correct, however his inability to win "big games"is a major problem that we cannot hide from.
& by the way I'm still on the fence, but after yesterday have found myself leaning towards the Pedro out camp. I just worry where we go from there.

Depends what you consider a 'big game'. If we'd failed to beat St Johnstone then plenty would have called that a big game he failed to win. As it was, we won and it's ignored. Same with the QF against Thistle - it was a big game until we won it (albeit in ET).

There are blatantly obvious signs of progress. Anyone denying this is being disengenuous. The real question is that for the money spent should the signs be a lot stronger?

I like pedro but I don't think he is the man to take us forward. But I also think binning him now could be a disaster so really not sure what we do.

Little things worry me. Refusing Naismith for example. Put Naismith in place of pena or windass yesterday we win for me. Subbing Pena and putting nemane on was odd. It's just a whole host of little things that make me think he is a bit out of his depth.

Head in the sand stuff. I read the same stuff during Warburton's time.

We've bossed nothing since he came in.

Yesterday we brought on Nemane, a teenager who is about 3 foot 5 inches. What did we do? We launched long balls up to him. Let that sink in for a minute.

Thank god for that, I thought it was just me. I thought we played well in the first half with some great passing and movement and some nice touches. No goals,, but still played some decent football. The second half was a different story and the decisions and assaults just compounded it.

Tbh i think the op is correct in that we are a better team than last year.

The issue is that we cannot put a run of victories together and are losing every 'big' game.

The fact we keep failing in the bigger games with a better squad comes down to the manager.

I just cant see him turning it around jow tbh. We need to win every game up to the Aberdeen double header now and even then if we lose both of those games he will be gone.

Head in the sand stuff. I read the same stuff during Warburton's time.

We've bossed nothing since he came in.

Yesterday we brought on Nemane, a teenager who is about 3 foot 5 inches. What did we do? We launched long balls up to him. Let that sink in for a minute.

"We've bossed nothing" either means you are lying to yourself or just haven't watched our games.

Progress in comparison to where we were when Pedro took over, but nowhere near where we should be at this stage.

We didn't "boss" the first half, although we were marginally the better team.

The only way we would've been two or three up is if we had different players who had the ability to take chances when it matters. That's not progress.

"We've bossed nothing" either means you are lying to yourself or just haven't watched our games.
I'm lying to myself?! You're the one convincing yourself that things are rosy mate. Our results are an embarrassment. From pumpings to the mentally challengeds to defeats from some stall sellers in Luxembourg to yesterday. I wish I could lie to myself and say it was all OK. I wish!

I think we've got better players and have seen improvements with our team since last season, so I've been willing to give the big man time to see if that translates into results – but it's just not happening.

At the end of the day we could play like Real or play like Cowdenbeath, the only thing that matters is winning games, and we're not doing it enough.

Thank god for that, I thought it was just me. I thought we played well in the first half with some great passing and movement and some nice touches. No goals,, but still played some decent football. The second half was a different story and the decisions and assaults just compounded it.

As I've said (and some seem to have missed/ignored, not you), results aren't good enough and the second half yesterday was awful. But inconsistency is the mark of a newly assembled team. And inconsistency means that we might have been very poor, but at times we have been very good. The latter never happened under McCoist, and was almost missing under Warburton, but for the semi.

I'm lying to myself?! You're the one convincing yourself that things are rosy mate. Our results are an embarrassment. From pumpings to the mentally challengeds to defeats from some stall sellers in Luxembourg to yesterday. I wish I could lie to myself and say it was all OK. I wish!

I haven't for a second said things are rosy. I've said things are better.

The St Johnstone game was in the balance until the red card, it wasn’t a “bossing” by any stretch. I was actually impressed by how well we held out when they had all the corners in a row.

The main problem yesterday was that the best chances we had, fell to a player who continually bottles it every time he has an easy chance to score. Windass.

Could not hit a coo in the erse with a banjo, as others have posted.

Another worrying thing is that every time we break up the park, and look like we are going to score, the players ultimately make the wrong decision, turn back the other way, or just make a james hunt of it.

Last edited:
The St Johnstone game was in the balance until the red card, it wasn’t a “bossing” by any stretch. I was actually impressed by how well we held out when they had all the corners in a row.

At no point, even during the corner storm, did we look like losing a goal. I don't remember At Johnstone even making a chance. Maybe the result flattered us but we, Dorrans especially, were in complete control.

That’s basically my view on everything at the minute

For a game we "bossed" motherwell had

- More possession
- more corners
- same amout of shots on goal
- same amount of shots on target
- oh ... and scored two goals!!

You are absolutely right!

Bollocks , this time last season we were third in the league , got pumped of poets , beaten off teams in the top 6 , got hammered in the semi final of league cup , and you claim this is progress .
Add to this we’ve had the worse European result in our history and spent nearly £8.5 m in the process

Modern football instant results syndrome has infected all fanbases including ours. Seems now that most on here that agreed tbthat at we needed to give the manager a chance and some time are just not willing to do that.

If we can't give him another couple of months to see if he can right the ship them just what are the expectations for the new man?

Btw I literally do mean 2 months. If we are not showing consistency by the OF game then He probably does have to go.

Reactions: TN8
Back