Borna Barisic

Empire

@Empire1872 - Twitter
Staff member
Might come across as harsh as his career with us to date has been very stop/start due to injuries but he’s looking very average just now. For me he looks terrified of playing for us, takes the safe option every time.

Granted he overlapped a few times today and the formation in the first half probably limited him from getting up and down the wing as much and to be fair, he was available for a pass most of the game but I’d like to see a lot more from him.

The player we seen for Osijek isn’t the one we are getting.

Might come across as harsh as his career with us to date has been very stop/start due to injuries but he’s looking very average just now. For me he looks terrified of playing for us, takes the safe option every time.

Granted he overlapped a few times today and the formation in the first half probably limited him from getting up and down the wing as much and to be fair, he was available for a pass most of the game but I’d like to see a lot more from him.
Too soon to judge I say. No problems with your points, but give him a chance.

Let's be honest on current form he's no better than Halliday-hit one cracking cross today and one decent one. Had one great tackle. Against St. Boo considering the hype on here about him we have to be disappointed.

Irrespective of where we stand our manager doesn't do mediocrity he will be in trouble shortly with him. Interesting to see if SG starts him against the Sheep.

I thought he played reasonably well today had an excellent timed tackle in the first half and I thought there were good signs of him and Kent linking upon the left

Thought he had a good game, got himself forward as much as he could. Actually thought he looked exhausted nearer the end of the match.

I thought he was OK today, little signs that he and Kent could maybe develop a good partnership.

Played well today made some tackle in the first half and he set a great chance up for morelos in the second half with a brilliant ball into the box.

Got to disagree, thought he was class up and down that left flank. Put in the odd tackle when St Mirren broke down that side and his positional sense going forward is top class. Always pass and move with him. Another few games at left back and we will start seeing the best of him. Has to start against the sheep.

Weird how differently people see things. No he wasn't bombing forward constantly, but he got a few cracking crosses in and some very well timed tackles. Not sure I can think of too much he done wrong tbh?

This has got to be a parody thread.

I said it on the MotM thread - Borna purred along like a V12 engine today. Classy in defence and potent in attack.

:rolleyes:

So because someone has a different opinion it’s a “parody thread”

Top debating that.

Look, I’m a fan of him. He can be a huge asset for us but there’s no way he was anything better than average today against the worst team in the Premiership. A great tackle in the first half to stop them breaking, that’s about it really.

I thought today was actually one of his better games. Also noticed he got straight back up after a couple of challenges. Certainly played better when Kent stayed wide.

Stop /start due to his injuries yes but he looks to be a class act imo.
Croatian International but no better than Haliday, oh deary me.

You would expect a Croatian internationalist not to be as sloppy as he was today. He wasn't terrible but he's a lot more erratic than you would hope for.

Still the V12 engine stuff and Croatian international defence is not echoed by the manager who is clearly frustrated by him.

He’s a quality player. I do think he has to toughen up though and win more headers in the air.

After the Helsinki game, I haven’t seen him rolling about after a tackle. He’s just got up and gotten on with it. That criticism from Gerrard has seemed to work.

I thought he looked good today going in both directions. He had one high and wide cross but the rest were all superb balls into dangerous areas at pace. One our best performers today imo.

I thought defensively he had a good game some great crosses some poor but over all I thought he had a decent game.

Top debating that.

Look, I’m a fan of him. He can be a huge asset for us but there’s no way he was anything better than average today against the worst team in the Premiership. A great tackle in the first half to stop them breaking, that’s about it really.

And this is the point-it's not whether he can be a top player it's about analysing against piss poor players how he performed. He wasn't impressive and that's a bit of a worry.

I’ve had my doubts about him if I’m honest but I thought he was terrific today ... he was more like the player I thought we were getting ... his delivery at times was superb

Top debating that.

His cross for Defoe first half and the Morelos second half were absolutely top drawer.

The guy is class ,the ball he put in for a defoe header with a man in front of him and at at tight angle was sublime.

looked very assured on the ball, has a fair bit of class and maybe a good partnership developing with Kent

I’d definitely say it is a bit harsh OP.

He is still easing his way back after a few injury problems and isn’t yet at full pelt but he was ok today without being amazing.

He seems to be a poster boy on FF and if I'm honest I've not seen it yet with him come in today and wasn't any better than Halliday has been at LB

You would expect a Croatian internationalist not to be as sloppy as he was today. He wasn't terrible but he's a lot more erratic than you would hope for.

Still the V12 engine stuff and Croatian international defence is not echoed by the manager who is clearly frustrated by him.

Croatian International defence not echoed by our manager? Wtf does that even mean. Lost me again with the V12 stuff too, he has certainly been inconsistent but we as a team have been just that all season. I think he will come good, given a run in the team.

Let's be honest on current form he's no better than Halliday-hit one cracking cross today and one decent one. Had one great tackle. Against St. Boo considering the hype on here about him we have to be disappointed.

Irrespective of where we stand our manager doesn't do mediocrity he will be in trouble shortly with him. Interesting to see if SG starts him against the Sheep.

No better than Halliday ? You have to be kidding. Not to bash Andy, but he is not a left back & never will be. Borna's in a different class. He still has a couple more gears to kick in, wait and see.

Didnt think he was a V12 engine but sloppy?

Back